[ROM] Blue Ginger V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest Pondlife

You don't need rom manager, reboot into clockwork either via the off button menu (select reboot then recovery) if it'll let you or by taking battery out and holding menu and vol DOWN when turning it on.

Guest Rajek

Hej,

I've installed V4 and have 2 problems with it

1. I've got DSP Manager force closes sometimes, usually at first connection in the morning

2. Car Home is not visible in app drawer, but it is visible in the installed apps and market, any attempts to reinstall it don't give anything

I really like V4 blue appearance :)

so i returned to V3.1

Guest trowls

I’m really satisfied with this ROM – in my opinion it is very durable and I really haven’t experienced any major flaws. Moreover the battery consumption is way better than any other gingerbread ROM I’ve used and I’ve tried quite a few (many of the nightly CM7’s, all the Greens, one or two of the Stir Fry’s). With a combination of v4 and juice Defender Beta + Ultimate I am able to get about two days on a charge with moderate use which I think is excellent.

So Psyloid, keep up the good work when you return from your well deserved holiday – your work is highly appreciated!

However I am experience a small problem and I’m not sure if it is the ROM or one of my apps that is causing it. From time to time I am experiencing that both my cooperate mail and my gmail/google+/picassa account doesn’t sync with the phone. Sometimes I need to sync manually, other times it syncs my gmail but not google+ and cooperate email and vice versa. I’ve tried to disable Juice Defender which should be the obvious answer but it didn’t do the trick.

Is anybody else experiencing the same problems on this ROM? I am using the built in mail client.

Edited by trowls

Guest stalker1001

Blue ginger v4

Having problems connecting to open WIFI networks , probably those in AP mode - this is new in v4 . BG v2 was OK .

Having force close in WIFI settings in presence of WPS enabled WIFI router - same same since BG v2 .

Had to install gingerbread keyboard since hebrew is no longer in the list of languages - this is new since v3 or v3.1 .

Guest Monfro

I am using this rom since last week. Now I noticed one problem, while making the call the screen goes blank and cannot disconnect the call. Previously in other rom, when I moved from the ear, screen will come back and i can end, now screen is not displaying. I had this problem in some cynogen mod, but was not having this problem in green v5. The screen will come back, if call got disconnected. Anybody knows how I can solve this issue. This rom is good and I need to keep this. Thanks!

Try to recalibrate the proximity sensor.

On ZTE Dialler dial *#26***#

Click on recalibrate, select proximity sensor and put a finger near the sensor to recalibrate.

Guest gavin08

I've got a problem. I've downloaded Backbreaker the game but it doesn't start a black screen just comes up then it goes back to homescreen.

Guest gavin08

I've got a problem. I've downloaded Backbreaker the game but it doesn't start a black screen just comes up then it goes back to homescreen.

Guest MikeWalsh

Hi,

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for this rom!

I've previously come from a Modaco rom that wasn't as smooth, stable or fast.

Tried one of the early Ginger Stir Fry releases which was fantastic although rather plain.

Now with Blue Ginger v4, my phone is now more responsive, fast, stable and very very nicely themed. Battery life is great and you have done a great job bundling everything needed for a very pretty and very smooth experience.

So I'm saying a great big thanks for the best ROM I've used yet!

The only change I had to make was forcing the screen brightness up high as auto-brightness seems to be more dim than on other roms I've tried but that was a 2 second adjustment :)

Guest Retardo

Try to recalibrate the proximity sensor.

On ZTE Dialler dial *#26***#

Click on recalibrate, select proximity sensor and put a finger near the sensor to recalibrate.

Is there a way to do this with the cm7 dialer? I flashed it instead of the aosp and zte ones.

Guest k0zmic

Is there a way to do this with the cm7 dialer? I flashed it instead of the aosp and zte ones.

No, only the ZTE Dialer has the Dialer codes.

BTW if you were holding off CM7 due to this bug there is a temporary fix.

Guest Retardo

No, only the ZTE Dialer has the Dialer codes.

BTW if you were holding off CM7 due to this bug there is a temporary fix.

Ok... can I download just the ZTE dialer and if so from where, or do I need to reflash the entire rom?

Guest Loki86

Hi

i use this rom with zte dialer and i can only say that it's the prefect rom

but only a little bug (maybe?) in the lock screen with the other roms i see alarm clock time under the date, with this rom no

there is a way to see that?

Guest newsuserr

hello excuse me Hello, I have a blade zte, fry ginger blue rom V4 zte

tetherring with USB and WiFi integration, sharing wifi working, usb not.

I am under universal mobile, fixed block, unlimited Internet access, 500 MB throughput and reduces down after ....

help please

by usb when I connect it Windows Seven create a network, I click on it is no IP, no internet connection how, normally do not add software of its kind PdaNet tether or easy .... this should work without adding any software. which setting to thank you

How to use USB data sharing included in the gsm rom?

Faut'il added the ip of Adresa?

i am french

Guest Amit.V

....one question,

are eastern right to left languages such as arabic supported in this rom...?

for hrbrew i needed to install a patch to fix RTL issues.

Guest Loki86

Hi

i use this rom with zte dialer and i can only say that it's the prefect rom

but only a little bug (maybe?) in the lock screen with the other roms i see alarm clock time under the date, with this rom no

there is a way to see that?

up

Guest Christian Edwards

Tried this ROM for a couple of days, liked the theme but will be sticking to CM7 Green until the Power toggles are added to the notifications bar.

I know it's a small thing but I can't manage without them.

Thanks for your work.

Guest k0zmic

....one question,

are eastern right to left languages such as arabic supported in this rom...?

Don't think so, use CM7 if you want that.

Guest Bachi7

Great work!

The best ROM I've installed so far. Works without any problems.

The only thing I'm really missing is the notification bar power widget from Cyanogenmod. Can't find anything similar on the market. Is it possible to install the Cyanogenmod widget on my device?

Guest evilbrain

Great work!

The only thing I'm really missing is the notification bar power widget from Cyanogenmod. Can't find anything similar on the market. Is it possible to install the Cyanogenmod widget on my device?

don't think so. I somehow manage with the power control widget

Guest blackbart

Great work!

Notification toggle does the same sort of thing, really only use it to toggle wifi myself

Guest Psyloid

hahaha ! working on v5 now. i succesfully aplied some cpu and memory tweaks and performance is about 30 % better than stock gf b14 ! gaming is definatly smoother. also playing music with a min cpu of 122 mhz no longer stutters !

release will be in a few days. still tweaking the theme now. as for ad hoc support. i dunno if its even possible on android. need to delve deeper into it ...

Edited by Psyloid

Guest Retardo

That's great news Psyloid! Sounds like an amazing rom will become even better then in a few days. Blue Ginger is a must-have for every Blade owner.

Welcome back by the way.