[ROM] Blue Ginger V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest evilbrain

I don't know what's going on, but the battery performance in this v5 is really poor, compared to the previous ones.

I someone else having the same problem???

Maybe a bad flash for you? Try wiping all that is possible and reflash.

Thanks to wbaw, this masterpiece might never go further because he did not properly examine the rom and its quality before talking bullsh*t about it. Android is open source, psyloid could take whatever he wanted

Edited by evilbrain

Guest ThermalDroid

Maybe a bad flash for you? Try wiping all that is possible and reflash.

Thanks to wbaw, this masterpiece might never go further because he did not properly examine the rom and its quality before talking bullsh*t about it. Android is open source, psyloid could take whatever he wanted

It's more to do with the feeling someone has stolen your hours of work. I am not suggesting that either of them did! I just know how it can feel and their reactions are some what understandable but were admittedly over the top. I do not d wish to play the blame game so let us move on and forget.

Guest tapash

Here's my experience for several days of using BG V5.

Once flashed(full wipe and /system format) it didn't loads(green robot and reboot). Then i've updated with same zip and after that everything goes right except WiFi. It's just turns off after a while and don't see my APs. Fixed via Factory settings apply and now all running smooth.

First use of GPS: 1-2 minutes showed that i'm in 20 km of actual position. Fixed itself somehow :)

Can't update Gmail app - wrong signature of packet(or smth like that, I'm using russian locale). ZDBox or TiBackup doesn't see package.

I can't use volume buttons now to controll MortPlayer.

Cant activate swap partition in Apps2SD GUI.

Except this all fine and great. Thanks for your work, I hope you'll continue improvements of this ROM.

Some addition(feature requests): Stock calculator i've changed to RealCalc from market. Launcher Pro -> Go Launcher EX(it has all features of LP and much more, like resizing(LPP can, but LP can't).

Edited by tapash

Guest tapash

i have been using all the roms, GSF, Green, Blue ginger 1-4 etc etc. after flashing V5 i can 110% say that there is marginal performance increase. scrolling, angry birds with music open all work smooth now.

GPS fix is within 2-3 seconds. wifi signal is also better for me now. Action voip calls are also clear.

i can swear this is the best looking and fastest rom i have ever flashed on my Blade

hi how did you fix your gps?

thanks

Guest top4ek

Damn. I've tried Swedish Spring RLS5, CM7-7.1rc, Green but Blue is really kickass ROM. Yes, it has some bugs to fix, but now my launcher moves smooth with all those widgets, apps running great and camera app is really fast makes pix. And now what? Looking from time to time on xda, but nothing :(

Guest Dezire

Hey Psyloid - Please start up again. Where can I find V5 Blue? I am currently on V5 Green - and I've tried all the other Roms out there and nothing is as bug free as your works.

Come on. Do us all a favour and come back!

Guest evilbrain

Hey Psyloid - Please start up again. Where can I find V5 Blue? I am currently on V5 Green - and I've tried all the other Roms out there and nothing is as bug free as your works.

Come on. Do us all a favour and come back!

Chesck some posts a few pages ago, you should find a mirror

Guest DVDeus

Hello folks!

Just finished reading the whole thread, and decided to try it. I've been more than happy with flibblesan's FLB Froyo R10, which was fast and stable, although GPS fix was very slow.

I have to say, that this ROM is even faster and smoother, GPS connects in max 2 mins (without packet data), WiFi connects faster to my router, homescreen is sliding even better&smoother...Also the theme is OK, unlike some of you don't like it.

It is the best ROM so far I have checked, and it is fully functional 24/7 lastest android 2.3.4. I am impressed, nothing more I can say. A big thanks to all the contributors, especially Psylod and wbaw. I hope you guys get along and continue doing great ROMs for the community. Thank you!

EDIT: I've just found out, that battery draining is higher compared to my previous FLB Froyo R10. Anyway, more pros than cons.

Edited by DVDeus

Guest DVDeus

Draining problem is caused by Phone idle (23%) and Cell Standby (25%). I don't remember usage on my FLB Froyo, but it wasn't that high. Why is that so? In some ROMs there was FM Radio, which was responsible for draining. Any help regarding this matter?

Thanks!

Guest flshg

Draining problem is caused by Phone idle (23%) and Cell Standby (25%). I don't remember usage on my FLB Froyo, but it wasn't that high. Why is that so? In some ROMs there was FM Radio, which was responsible for draining. Any help regarding this matter?

Thanks!

I'm also having battery drain issues, for me it seems to be partial wakelocks due to google services framework, as well as other apps. Get battery history app which displays partial wakelock stats, and see if any have taken unreasonable amounts of wakelock. I find switching to aeroplane mode clears these wakelocks.

Guest McrRed

Well, Android System uses 4m. It has been 6h since last charge. Other processes are using almost zero CPU time.

Part of the reason I like this rom so much...it's the only one I've tried that doesn't bleed out overnight...

go to bed - 100%

wake up - 100%

:)

Guest flshg

Well, Android System uses 4m. It has been 6h since last charge. Other processes are using almost zero CPU time.

In this case its the partial wakelock stat you're looking for, not cpu time. They're in the battery history app, drop-down menu, partial wakelock.

Guest DVDeus

My bad, it's the time like you said.

@McrRed

Well I am glad it works well for you. For me, once I unplug it, it goes from 100% to 95% in 5 mins, standby only (everything off except cell signal). I went to sleep the other day with 13%, woke up with dead phone. It drains the battery quite fast.

Guest travellerscross

My bad, it's the time like you said.

@McrRed

Well I am glad it works well for you. For me, once I unplug it, it goes from 100% to 95% in 5 mins, standby only (everything off except cell signal). I went to sleep the other day with 13%, woke up with dead phone. It drains the battery quite fast.

I had this happen to me but for two different reasons. Firstly when I installed this Rom I didn't completely clear out all the cache and data and it drained like no tomorrow. I went from 100% to 89% in a matter of minutes. (my fault)

I then cleaned the fone up again and did a factory rest and cleared all the data and reinstalled it again, and reinstalled my apps via Titanium Back up. I noticed there was a huge drain there. I couldn't figure it out. Stupidly I realised what I had done. I was talking to my friends daughter about the picture she had drawn and also ran the 'install system data settings' It was that that drained me so heavily. My bad as the system settings were from another Rom.

Anyhoo... Third time lucky, Factory rest, wiped fone and cache and data and boot and everything in clockwork mod. Flashed the rom and just installed the apps only. Then I went through all the systems settings myself on what I needed and didn't need. Once I did that the fone and rom and the battery has settled into being a very good battery life with no drain at all. I allowed the battery to drain completely after installing the rom by the way. Turned fone off and recharged it.

Guest DVDeus

Well, I have wiped cache and data, before I installed new ROM. I was only restoring few apps, no settings or anything similar (just sms & phone log). So I should try wipe all of it again, install ROM and make a factory reset after installation? Maybe I will give it a shot;)

Guest deksman2

In my experience, in order to get proper battery life out of the ROM's, one would have to allow the phone to drain completely and then recharge it from scratch.

In some cases, this procedure has to be done twice (though it's rare).

Apart from the videos application crashing every single time I exit a video (and some minor issues with 1 or two apps - which is easily fixed by removing and re-installing them) the ROM works fine.

I installed MX video player and use that as the default one.

I also removed EX file explorer and installed the latest version (same goes for Gmail).

I then removed a couple of apps I don't need, added a few of my own and that was it.

I am satisfied with the speed and reliability (the UI is much smoother compared to any other rom - on par with Modaco r12). The wifi and gps both work flawlessly, though I am still somewhat disappointed that browser scrolling isn't always as smooth (gets a bit choppy when image heavy sites load) as with iPhone (though that has little to do with Pysloid and is more down to Android itself).

While I was watching this thread more or less from the get go, I seem to have missed the fuss and got an indication Psyloid decided to leave? That is, if some of the posts I'm reading are interpreted correctly.

He was on a great track with this ROM, and there's a good possibility he would have polished it out more.