[ROM] Blue Ginger V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest minifig

This ROM seems to have a problem with DATA ENABLING OPTION. it doesnt enable itself even after 10-20 seconds, by which time, my patience wears out and i do a simple airplane mode on & off. It used to happen with older ROMs but gsf later versions never had this. As Blue is based on gsf , y is this problem coming now? Or is this just an isolated issue.

Anyone experiencing this issue? Any fixes available?

Yep, you're not alone. I'm on V5 and had this problem also in V4.

Strange thing is that I don't know how to reproduce it. And at the moment, it's been a few days since I had this problem. Strange, very strange.

Don't know what I did to fix it though, and I'm hoping it doesn't come back.

But if it does, I now know that I don't have to reboot. :rolleyes:

Edited by minifig

Guest coccis

Been using this ROM for a couple weeks or so now, and are more than satisfied. Great battery time and feels very smooth, and so far haven't found any issues. Hands down my favorite ROM :)

Overclocking is the only thing I miss, but even at stock speeds it handles better than any ROM I've tried. (I have not tried GSF yet, that have to be said. But its next in line)

Guest deksman2

I practically never use Data connection (to be honest, I find it useless and expensive - especially when I can use the Wifi for the same thing - granted in remote areas that don't have Wifi it can be handy, but then again I really don't go to remote areas), though I had to use it once or twice to get the MMS from a friend.

It also had a tendency to stall with activation (at least in Phsyloid's Green v4), but this one seems to work fine with me.

Keep in mind that the delay might have something to do with your own mobile carrier.

Guest Markiv

I practically never use Data connection (to be honest, I find it useless and expensive - especially when I can use the Wifi for the same thing - granted in remote areas that don't have Wifi it can be handy, but then again I really don't go to remote areas), though I had to use it once or twice to get the MMS from a friend.

It also had a tendency to stall with activation (at least in Phsyloid's Green v4), but this one seems to work fine with me.

Keep in mind that the delay might have something to do with your own mobile carrier.

In india, gprs is so inexpensive that we get 6GB/Month data for 90Rs (thats roughly 2 dollars) and never in our life time will we be able to download that much in a month thru mobile... ever... (mainly cuz the speeds max out at 15kbps)

And Yes,as u mentioned, carrier aspect must also be considered, but gsf 15 and later NEVER gave this problem.

Blue did it the next day, and since my last post, Blue kinda stopped giving that problem... strange... ( :-) , & u misspelled Psyloid's name... ha ha)

Guest evilbrain

In india, gprs is so inexpensive that we get 6GB/Month data for 90Rs (thats roughly 2 dollars) and never in our life time will we be able to download that much in a month thru mobile... ever... (mainly cuz the speeds max out at 15kbps)

And Yes,as u mentioned, carrier aspect must also be considered, but gsf 15 and later NEVER gave this problem.

Blue did it the next day, and since my last post, Blue kinda stopped giving that problem... strange... ( :-) , & u misspelled Psyloid's name... ha ha)

lol, it must be hard for you to cope with such speeds. In Lithuania I have now hsdpa with no speed/data limitations for 4Ltl, approx 1.5 USD And torrents download speeds are over 120 kbps :P

Just so you know.

No need to be jelly :)

Guest Markiv

lol, it must be hard for you to cope with such speeds. In Lithuania I have now hsdpa with no speed/data limitations for 4Ltl, approx 1.5 USD And torrents download speeds are over 120 kbps :P

Just so you know.

No need to be jelly :)

Let me digest it : UNLIMITED, 120kbps, 1.5$ (70 Rs), wireless.... WOW.. u guys live in heaven..

i know, guess we still live in the stone age...

(and 1 more fact - we don get that kinda speed even in our so called BROADBAND connectivity.....)

Guest XpressAndy

Let me digest it : UNLIMITED, 120kbps, 1.5$ (70 Rs), wireless.... WOW.. u guys live in heaven..

i know, guess we still live in the stone age...

(and 1 more fact - we don get that kinda speed even in our so called BROADBAND connectivity.....)

Dude I have 4 mbps bsnl broadband in India and I get 350+ kbps speed! Are you from the past? :P

Guest DVDeus

Heh, you guys are lucky ones.. Here in Slovenia, our largest provider requires 29€/month for unlimited 3G, and the cheapest provider for 15€/month.

Back to the topic.

I have tried to wipe everything again, and restored only SMS, call log, some expense manager data and that's about it. Everything else was a fresh install. Unfortunatelly the battery life is not any better. I will try few more charges with regular use, and then I will see the real picture.

Guest Markiv

Dude I have 4 mbps bsnl broadband in India and I get 350+ kbps speed! Are you from the past? :P

U r lucky man, how many actually do get that outside the metros??? Anyway.. topic deviation.

how about ur gprs max? any problem with Blue and data connectivity? what all ROM's have u tried with the DELLXCD35???

Sorry bout the long list of questions...

Guest Markiv

Heh, you guys are lucky ones.. Here in Slovenia, our largest provider requires 29€/month for unlimited 3G, and the cheapest provider for 15€/month.

Back to the topic.

I have tried to wipe everything again, and restored only SMS, call log, some expense manager data and that's about it. Everything else was a fresh install. Unfortunatelly the battery life is not any better. I will try few more charges with regular use, and then I will see the real picture.

You could try the battery calibration app - instead of wiping the battery stats manually thru CW, its faster and easier.

Did u experience better battery perf with any other ROM's ?

If u haven got any better with GSF , then i don think the problem might be with ROM's at all...

Edited by Markiv

Guest DVDeus

Will try it at home, where I tried with my last ROM, FLB Froyo R10 (2.2). I have also tried SS R4, but no difference in GPS fixation time, which was my only problem (5+ mins). Now it finds it within half minute.

Guest Dezire

Blue Ginger V5 is just awful! I tried it for half a day --- many many problems with data, signals, random reboots and the list went on.... I went back to the wonderful Green V5. Give this one a miss guys!

Guest deksman2

That's odd.

Blue v5 works just fine here.

No random reboots, signal is fine...

Did you do a full wipe before installing the ROM?

Or are you trying to overclock the phone?

In my experience I see little to no point in OC-ing the cpu in the phones as it's useless most of the time. If you want smooth scrolling/performance on Android, it has to be done via software optimization and allowing the gpu to draw 2d UI, browser, etc.

If I'm not mistaken, Psyloid's Blue V5 (this) ROM has HW acceleration enabled.

I checked it via Blade Buddy app.

However, enabling HW acceleration alone doesn't have any effect on browser scrolling, drawing/scrolling through the UI and menus... it only allows games to use the gpu, everything else is still limited to the cpu (am I right?).

Is there a way for us to have the gpu to do the work on the UI, brower and menu scrolling?

Guest shiver750

Blue Ginger V5 is just awful! I tried it for half a day --- many many problems with data, signals, random reboots and the list went on.... I went back to the wonderful Green V5. Give this one a miss guys!

blue ginger v5 works perfect here.I'm using it from release day and I have no problems at all.Everything works fine and have an excelent battery life.

Guest Markiv

It is very best i've tried till date. Not even one reboot (that anyway never happended with Green series, gsf nor blue) , no network issue, amazing battery life, data connection just once... list goes on. May be ur case was a very isolated one... don generalize it.

i guess most who used this wud also say the same....

Guest swisstourist

Hopefully psyloid's developing will continue in xda.

why? he is on xda?, whats his pseudoname??

eh? how do you remove titanium back up...impossible to remove it.

any idea?

Guest k0zmic

any idea?

He isn't on XDA AFAIK.

With Root Explorer or ES File Explorer in Root Mode. Go to /system/app and delete the app.

Guest Markiv

any idea?

A good option to have custom apps in ur ROM during installation :

Open the ROM zip, go to system->app-> just select and delete what ever apps u wud not be using so that they are never installed, then flash this on to ur mob...

I have removed gmail, email, fmradio, default browser, and even mms (all other unwanted apps).. cuz i neva use them.

gmail i check rarely so i have opera with a page for gmail, and go sms for messages...

saves a hell lot of inbuilt memory this way.. and if i have to take app backup,u can install titanium just then thru an apk, take backup and uninstall it....

Edited by Markiv

Guest deksman2

Btw... what's with the Videos app?

It doesn't show up under any system/app at all and cannot be removed (I use MX player instead because Videos is constantly crashing after you exit a file).

Any way to remove thay particular eye-sore?