[ROM] Blue Ginger V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest DVDeus

Can we move on topic a bit?B)

I just came from vacation, and I have found out that when the phone has been in Roaming mode, the battery was doing as it should (2-3 days), as it was on all other ROMs before (FLB, SS). Being back on my primary network, the battery drains quickly (just like before the roaming) in about 24 hours. What does that mean?

Phone usage was almost the same, no wifi, no data (3G), airplane mode during night.

Also, the girlfriends phone acts the same, and we were/are on the same network.

Guest Psyloid

Can we move on topic a bit?B)

I just came from vacation, and I have found out that when the phone has been in Roaming mode, the battery was doing as it should (2-3 days), as it was on all other ROMs before (FLB, SS). Being back on my primary network, the battery drains quickly (just like before the roaming) in about 24 hours. What does that mean?

Phone usage was almost the same, no wifi, no data (3G), airplane mode during night.

Also, the girlfriends phone acts the same, and we were/are on the same network.

probably because you are back on a 3G network, 3G consumes loads of power, even if you don't use mobile data

go to settings/wireless and networking/mobile networks and set networks to GSM only, that way you force the mobile to be on 2G

Guest DVDeus

Thanks Psyloid for a quick reply, but I did that the first time I got Android phone;)

Anything else? Is it possible that the phone shows 2G but uses 3G? Because it must be sw related, as with other ROMs and same network providers (and same location usage) there were no problems.And also I've noticed the same icon for 2G and 3G, is it OK?

Edited by DVDeus

Guest Psyloid

Thanks Psyloid for a quick reply, but I did that the first time I got Android phone;)

Anything else? Is it possible that the phone shows 2G but uses 3G? Because it must be sw related, as with other ROMs and same network providers (and same location usage) there were no problems.And also I've noticed the same icon for 2G and 3G, is it OK?

strange, disabeling 3g does the trick for me ...

I have no other ideas

Guest DVDeus

I will make a full charge, then use it on 3G to see how long does it last.. Because on GSM mode it is not good. Is there a config file or something with settings for network providers (like apns-conf.xml) ?

Hi again,

the battery on 3G network now works almost as good as in roaming mode. But it cannot be a permanent solution, because the signal is not covered good enough. It is a SW related problem, which I would like to solve. It has worked well on previous ROMs, so why would be a problem here. Any help appreciated B)

Guest shiver750

@Psyloid

Thanks for your great rom! I'm using it on my blade and I think I will never change rom (unless source code realeased,just to give it an OC).

I need your help.I also have an Ideos X5 running android 2.3.5 oxygen. I love the DSP manager apk and I'd like to have it on both phones so can you tell me where can i find it and how to install it .I tried some links but nothink works.I'm not a hacker, so be friendly :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot!!!

Hi Psyloid,

Just flashed the ROM.

Facing the gps issue that was part of the initial gsf series.

Its showing my location as about 1000 kms from where i am.

Had done a full wipe (data factory reset), cleared the map cache (the whole shabang).

Kindly let me know if there is a workaround.

Thanks

Hi Psyloid,

Just flashed the ROM.

Facing the gps issue that was part of the initial gsf series.

Its showing my location as about 1000 kms from where i am.

Had done a full wipe (data factory reset), cleared the map cache (the whole shabang).

Kindly let me know if there is a workaround.

Thanks

You could try modifying your gps.conf file, there should be plenty of threads and example files to look at.

You could try modifying your gps.conf file, there should be plenty of threads and example files to look at.

Can you please gimme a couple of links?

M a lil lost , to be perfectly honest

Everytime i modify (via ASTRO manager) and save it, the same is not reflected.

Is it because the /system is read only?

Yes, you have to mount it R/W. Use RootExplorer or something.

Modified it in the zip itself. Set the server to in.pool.ntp.org

However, the readings are still oscillating.

Any other suggestions?

Modified it in the zip itself. Set the server to in.pool.ntp.org

However, the readings are still oscillating.

Any other suggestions?

try experimenting with other settings, e.g. disable intermediate position, disable wiper. These may reduce gps lock speed, but when it does lock it should be accurate. You could then tweak the settings a little more to find a working compromise between speed and accuracy.

btw. its quicker to modify gps.conf, copy to /etc/ using a root explorer, then reboot, rather than reflashing a whole rom.

Edited by flshg

try experimenting with other settings, e.g. disable intermediate position, disable wiper. These may reduce gps lock speed, but when it does lock it should be accurate. You could then tweak the settings a little more to find a working compromise between speed and accuracy.

Going to sound like a total tool: Where are these settings?

btw. its quicker to modify gps.conf, copy to /etc/ using a root explorer, then reboot, rather than reflashing a whole rom.

Did that yest. Worked out ok. Issue now is, It is still not accurate to about 300m....

Showing me way up the road.

Edited by unmukt

Going to sound like a total tool: Where are these settings?

In the text file itself, there is no menu. Edit gps.conf and that's about it.

So no one is having major battery drain problem using GSM only mode? I still don't have a solution for this problem.

Guest wrtease

its google policy to not be accurate as its for data protection .its always been this for a long time since google street view came out .thats why you wont get accurate lock. a lot of people complained .so their you have it.

Guest rider89

To make my GPS accurate and fast I did two things:

1. Used "Faster Fix" (free, from Market) to change the server for my country (faster)

2. Turned off (changed "1" to "0") intermediate position in "gps.conf" file (more accurate, no more 100miles away claims)

I have some questions:

I love this ROM but I would like to enable OC for it. Is it a good idea to flash kernel from this TOPIC?

I know it`s compatible (Blue Ginger is based on GSF, and GSF is based on Ginger-leak).

Can somebody tell me is it good idea to flash this kernel to Blue Ginger and if it should work? :)

Edited by rider89