[ROM] Blue Ginger V5

Guest Psyloid

• 2 weeks later...
Guest worminfo

I have some questions:

I love this ROM but I would like to enable OC for it. Is it a good idea to flash kernel from this TOPIC?

I know it`s compatible (Blue Ginger is based on GSF, and GSF is based on Ginger-leak).

Can somebody tell me is it good idea to flash this kernel to Blue Ginger and if it should work? :)

Did you try it? I am also considering to test it out.

laugh.gifit is work, cheer bro

Guest DellXCD35

Hi Psyloid, hope you are doing good.

Can this rom be updated with the new kernel which has overclocking support?

After this rom i havent flashed any other rom as i simply love it.

the GPS works accurate and fixes in matter of 2-3 seconds.

Guest DellXCD35

You don't need Psyloid for this. It's a DIY method, choose zip in clockworkmod... ;)

thanks, how do i do this? do i download some zip and directly go to recovery mode and unzip its content?

can you direct me which zip needs to be loaded?

Guest DVDeus

Go to this thread and download the latest kernel (2.5.2 at the moment), put in on sd. Reboot to recovery and then the same procedure as installing the rom. Choose zip and viola.

Guest Markiv

hey all,

after flashing the new kernel, my battery stats shows that android system uses about 60% of battery. very strange....

psyloid .... is there a way to flash the old kernel separately or should I have to reflash the Tom itself...

Guest Markiv

the new burstlam kernel is compatible but only ends up making it go berserk .... installed blue once again without the kernel upgrade and is better.

problems with new kernel with blue:

apps take longer to open

audio cracks terribly

entire mobile becomes slow.

THIAE WHO HAVE BLUE - DO NOT UPDATE WITH BURSTLAM KERNEL.

Guest DVDeus

Hi Markiv,

I guess you didn't read all the info about the latest version;) You need to change to CFS scheduler as BFS breaks multimedia decoding.. But to sum it up, no difference unless you want to overclock it.

Guest Markiv

Hi Markiv,

I guess you didn't read all the info about the latest version;) You need to change to CFS scheduler as BFS breaks multimedia decoding.. But to sum it up, no difference unless you want to overclock it.

Neva heard about before... so googled ..

good to know about this piece of info...

So basically they are task schedulers - Completely Fair Scheduler and Brain badword Scheduler. good debate about which is better, bfs showed the way and cfs is now equally good too they say.

can u tell me how I can modify bfs to Cfs....

With NoFrills app, which can also change the CPU clock.

you cannot change from bfs to cfs in any app. For that the kernel has to be re-compiled. NoFrills allows you to change the IO scheduler which is different to the task scheduler. I believe one of burlstam's earlier kernels was cfs and not bfs. try using a slightly older version

Can someone please mirror V5. I'd like to try the ROM.

Edited by fp30

Guest DVDeus

@slavz: Thanks for this, could you tell me how to modify it by myself? I would like some other buttons available.

@fp30: my mistake, did not know that. Thanks for explanation.

@slavz: Thanks for this, could you tell me how to modify it by myself? I would like some other buttons available.

@fp30: my mistake, did not know that. Thanks for explanation.

Extract it by using Apktool. then follow online tutorial instructions (google it). My version has a "bug" with GPS status bar notification icons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like this rom but have to ask is there anything better?

I was attracted away by the promise CM7's latest nightlies but they're not stable in the way that Blue & Green are so I'm going to have a try at 360, then back to Blue if it doesn't work out.

nb: that's the Beauty of the Blade! :D

Guest rwalton159

I was attracted away by the promise CM7's latest nightlies but they're not stable in the way that Blue & Green are so I'm going to have a try at 360, then back to Blue if it doesn't work out.

nb: that's the Beauty of the Blade! :D

Please report back on what you think of 360.

:)

Guest rwalton159

Or you could just read the 360 thread to see what people are saying about it.

Yes but McrRed's comments would more worthwhile as they have used Green and Blue.

:)

i have been running the v2 version of this rom for ages and had no problems, so i decided to try v5 out but after i have flashed it all i see is the android boot symbol and nothing more.

i can get to clockwork recovery though, can anybody help me??? :/