[ROM] Gingerounay 3.0.1 (05/11/2011)

Guest vache

Guest stonebear

I am a bit wary about changing the UI setting after last time, if I change it to Acer UI will I get the Acer lockscreen? (and keep the shortcuts-pulldown?)

I am a bit wary about changing the UI setting after last time, if I change it to Acer UI will I get the Acer lockscreen? (and keep the shortcuts-pulldown?)

I think you'll just get the shortcuts pulldown, I have a feeling the Acer Lockscreen is 'WidgetOverlay' which is under the removed category.

Guest stonebear

I think you'll just get the shortcuts pulldown, I have a feeling the Acer Lockscreen is 'WidgetOverlay' which is under the removed category.

Thanks k0z, I already have shortcuts pulldown without changing anything so I will just leave that as is then.

Widget overlay sounds right but then I wouldn't know how to enable it once it was reinstalled and since everything is working well, I will leave that as is as well. :)

Guest kramkandy

Hey guys,

which version of the OC kernal does this ROM use?

low mid or high voltage, 1% or 5% steps?

Can you flash which OC kernal you prefer once the rom is installed like you can do with dmg?

Thanks

Edited by kramkandy

Guest stonebear

what do all the new cpu governors do ?

The standard governor is "on demand" I think - when you use something like "setcpu" to overclock you can choose different governors, if that is the word, it seems to be like a scaling profile for how the cpu responds as load is put on it by apps and processes, for example there is a profile called "lag free" which seems to have the cpu stay at a higher speed for longer than "on demand" does even though they both use the same top speed. At least that is how it seems to me from playing about with them a bit.

Guest stonebear

Hey guys,

which version of the OC kernal does this ROM use?

low mid or high voltage, 1% or 5% steps?

Can you flash which OC kernal you prefer once the rom is installed like you can do with dmg?

Thanks

I haven't seen any option to adjust voltage in setcpu, I tried "system tuner" and it says the option to adjust voltage is not available. I might be missing something somewhere?

Edited by stonebear

Guest stonebear

"Added LagFree, Interactive, InteractiveX, Smartass, SmartAss2, SmoothAss, Scary, MinMax, SavagedZen CPU governor (some of them seems unstable, use carefully)

*minmax as default"

@Vache, I am currently using SmartassV2 with a min/max of 245/1017 and it seems to work good, is SmartassV2 a governor you would recommend with this build?

Edited by stonebear

Guest noogai93

The standard governor is "on demand" I think - when you use something like "setcpu" to overclock you can choose different governors, if that is the word, it seems to be like a scaling profile for how the cpu responds as load is put on it by apps and processes, for example there is a profile called "lag free" which seems to have the cpu stay at a higher speed for longer than "on demand" does even though they both use the same top speed. At least that is how it seems to me from playing about with them a bit.

Yes yes, i know about regular over clocking, i',m just not sure what the new governors do, because they have weird names that doesn't really explain what they really do.

I'm sorry but I have a problem: every time I turn on my MT it asks to touch the android for continue the configuration, my google account e some setting. After this the MT works fine, with all app installed. I have flash after a new installation of the official 4.000.07 ecc. I have activated app2sd, from tabotool, for app, data ad cache. Somebody can help me?

Guest marcolone

I'm sorry but I have a problem: every time I turn on my MT it asks to touch the android for continue the configuration, my google account e some setting. After this the MT works fine, with all app installed. I have flash after a new installation of the official 4.000.07 ecc. I have activated app2sd, from tabotool, for app, data ad cache. Somebody can help me?

same here, plus i can't download the acer UI from the TTools...

(greets to everybody, i'm new, got the MT120 yesterday and flashed gingerounay... yesterday's night :D)

Guest stonebear

Yes yes, i know about regular over clocking, i',m just not sure what the new governors do, because they have weird names that doesn't really explain what they really do.

Oh, OK. You can find info on most by Googling.

I think SmartassV2 sounds the best and seems to be performing well, it is similar to the more standard "interactive".

Smoothass is supposed to similar to smartass but more responsive but I have not found that to be the case.

Lagfree keeps the frequency high unnecessarily imo.

Haven't tried them all.

Guest BrickedFroyo

I think i good addition to the rom would be the link2sd instead of apps2sd, i found it pretty useful to move a few of the stubborn apps that couldnt be moved with titanium of apps2sd, also a script to automatically download new apps to the sd - "pm setInstallLocation 2" could be included :) both pretty useful.

Guest noogai93

I think i good addition to the rom would be the link2sd instead of apps2sd, i found it pretty useful to move a few of the stubborn apps that couldnt be moved with titanium of apps2sd, also a script to automatically download new apps to the sd - "pm setInstallLocation 2" could be included :) both pretty useful.

The apps2d in this rom automatically move everything to an ext partition, as i have found there are no stubborn apps unlike when using link2sd, you get an extra 60mb of internal storage doing it

with the native app2sd.

Guest noogai93

Oh, OK. You can find info on most by Googling.

I think SmartassV2 sounds the best and seems to be performing well, it is similar to the more standard "interactive".

Smoothass is supposed to similar to smartass but more responsive but I have not found that to be the case.

Lagfree keeps the frequency high unnecessarily imo.

Haven't tried them all.

Thanks, I found this for anyone who wants to know what all the other governors do.

Also, SmarassV2 doesn't work for me at 1.5Ghz, it just locks the phone up

Edited by noogai93

Guest stonebear

Has anyone else noticed that "display" seems to be the highest user of the battery with this rom?

Right now I have been "on battery" for 10 hours and I reckon at least 8 of those hours the phone has been asleep and yet "display" still accounts for 55% of battery usage, even though the display has only been on for 2 out of the 10 hours.

Normally the display percentage use on the battery would be quite small in these circumstances with cell standby accounting for most of the battery use.

Guest stonebear

BTW, I have found "system panel" app to be a good way to quickly check how the CPU scales with different governors, if you press "refresh" rapidly the cpu load will ramp up and at the same time you can see how the frequency responds.

The more presses on "refresh" the more load the CPU gets, it gives a quick and dirty idea of how the governor works under load.

Guest stonebear

Also, SmarassV2 doesn't work for me at 1.5Ghz, it just locks the phone up

Locked up mine at 1.4 and I had setcpu on "set at boot", I couldn't get at it in time to change it so I was screwed. Luckily I had just done a Nandroid backup so I restored it. So I can confirm that backup and restore work, lol.

Guest stonebear

So is this bug less ?

No reboots ? No hanging on boot ? No force close apps ?

I got a reboot thing happen after setting "apps2sd" in "taboo tools" but that was no biggie, it never happened again. I haven't had any force closes. Obviously overclocking can potentially cause problems so be cautious and don't do like I did and set any overclock to be set at boot.

There was a problem with setting Acer UI but that was fixed with the 2.5.1 update apparently.

I like it. It is fast and gives a lot of space in the memory which is especially good with this phones small memory. :)

Be sure to follow the instructions and install the official 2.3.5 first.

May I issue a request.

Vache, could you compile a zip with all parts needed for Acer-Lockscreen? Or, if already available, post instructions how to do it? May it is hidden in TabooTools and I just don't get it. ;)

Many Thanks for the ROM. Gingerounay is a gem on the MT. :D

Guest carrarina

I have flashed Gingerounay 2.5 without any problem. But when I activated app/data/dalvick to sd with tobootool, I had some problems. it didnt' reboot, so i rebooted it by myself, maybe this has been my fault. It get on botloop. now I restored my nandroid backup and no prob. Have you got any idea about what happened?

EDIT: after restored my nandroid I flashed gingerounay, but even then it stock on bootloader..

Edited by carrarina

I have flashed Gingerounay 2.5 without any problem. But when I activated app/data/dalvick to sd with tobootool, I had some problems. it didnt' reboot, so i rebooted it by myself, maybe this has been my fault. It get on botloop. now I restored my nandroid backup and no prob. Have you got some any idea about what happened?

When I tried that option I got a reboot as well.

Vache

is it possible that you can provide again the Acer Iconia MMS/SMS app for flashing, that you provided in previous versions of Gingerounay?

I liked it very much, and it matched perfectly the Acer UI, along with other customized applications by Acer like contacts, or Dial.