Advent - exciting news

Guest Blue Gas

Guest jimmy191

All this talk of honeycomb. Only a couple of people remembering ice cream sandwich!!

Advent already have r&d and production invested in the vega, plus stock ready to be sold..... why not pay devs from here to port ice cream sandwich to it and keep support it as a working budget tab. Honeycomb is just a stopgap anyway, like windows Me or vista was.

Cant see any reason on earth why support would be ignored for the vega. Its a tried and tested good budget tab that will still make them money.

Guest gazmon2424
All this talk of honeycomb. Only a couple of people remembering ice cream sandwich!!

Advent already have r&d and production invested in the vega, plus stock ready to be sold..... why not pay devs from here to port ice cream sandwich to it and keep support it as a working budget tab. Honeycomb is just a stopgap anyway, like windows Me or vista was.

Cant see any reason on earth why support would be ignored for the vega. Its a tried and tested good budget tab that will still make them money.

Forget all this....anyone watchin U2 at Glastonbury , goodstuff.....

Guest MrSnake
Forget all this....anyone watchin U2 at Glastonbury , goodstuff.....

Yeah they weren't half bad but the bbc sound engineers need shot and why was Jo Whiley talking as the band were starting their set?

Back on topic, the Vega has been out for 8 months but it has always been held back by the OS and it still has significant cpu power like the latest android tablets. It'd be a kick in the teeth for us Vega owners not to get HC, only to see Advent then release a new tablet that can't be much more powerful with HC (not until quad core Kal-El cpu is released in 4 months time)

Guest gazmon2424
Yeah they weren't half bad but the bbc sound engineers need shot and why was Jo Whiley talking as the band were starting their set?

Back on topic, the Vega has been out for 8 months but it has always been held back by the OS and it still has significant cpu power like the latest android tablets. It'd be a kick in the teeth for us Vega owners not to get HC, only to see Advent then release a new tablet that can't be much more powerful with HC (not until quad core Kal-El cpu is released in 4 months time)

Agreed..

Guest sodium1
Honeycomb is just a stopgap anyway, like windows Me or vista was.

lol.....you trying to say that Microsoft released Vista as a stopgap to W7 ? It was just a poorly designed OS that took up too much resources etc. Once i get my Vega fixed i shall try HC, and if i like it i will keep it for a long, long time before i change...Just like windows XP, i bet there will still be more Xp users out there even when W8 has been released for 12 months. All i want is a device that does what it says on the tin...lol

Guest Ravey

So it wasn't just Advent's chance to discuss their new Hello Kitty carry case?

Gutted...

Love my Vega just they way it is. Whatever they do... Paul, Zeb or Advent only ever improves what is already a spot on piece of kit.

Ok a little more ram would of been nice, but the Vega is far from dead! It's the best value for money tablet out there and advents support of this community can only strengthen it in it's current form. 8 months on I'd still choose a vega over any of the new releases.

Its safe to say...If they're excited...I think we can be excited.

If they can't discuss it... I'm sure we can be patient.

Edit: References to Paul Zeb and advent are just for topic, I appreciate so many people here also contribute alot to vega development. :)

Edited by Ravey

Guest Adam:)

I wuld rather have ice cream sandwich to honeycomb :L

athough i wuldnt mind having official HC on it, and then wait for ice cream sandwich :)

Guest le_lutin

athough i wuldnt mind having official HC on it, and then wait for ice cream sandwich :)

Can you tell us what ice cream sandwich has over honeycomb?

Can you tell us what ice cream sandwich has over honeycomb?

Wuld u like me to tell u wat ice cream sandwich is?

or why its better then honeycomb? :)

Guest premieral

i tried an ice cream sandwich once ........it made the bread soggy and interestingly it was toffee and honeycomb ice cream B)

i tried an ice cream sandwich once ........it made the bread soggy and interestingly it was toffee and honeycomb ice cream B)

oh arent u a funny one :)

Guest warriorscot

Thing about the vega is that it still fills a relatively unoccupied part of the market it is cheap and its Tegra. All the other Tegra tablets are more expensive and as far as I know its still selling. Getting Honeycomb on it would be a big step to adding an extra 6 months to a year of sales to the vega. Also even if they got what they needed from google for a new tablet they would be able to release a honeycomb update for the vega itself because they would have acquired the licenses. Either way its not bad news for vega owners.

Guest BadDroid

Ice cream sandwiches are really nice: imgMaxibon2.jpg

Nuff said B)

Guest gazmon2424
Thing about the vega is that it still fills a relatively unoccupied part of the market it is cheap and its Tegra. All the other Tegra tablets are more expensive and as far as I know its still selling. Getting Honeycomb on it would be a big step to adding an extra 6 months to a year of sales to the vega. Also even if they got what they needed from google for a new tablet they would be able to release a honeycomb update for the vega itself because they would have acquired the licenses. Either way its not bad news for vega owners.

I think it's pretty sad that we are relying on one guy in his spare time to develop Heath Robinson type software, which by th way is an outstanding effort, he has basically no support and limited helpers basically coz no one has the knowledge, which isn't a critisism, just a fact, without some real tech input it's not gonna go the distance me thinks

While the manufacturer...who btw can't be oblivious to this web site sits back and probably just plans a new model (£££££)

Considering vega comb only really needs the flash component, I've tried it but I just miss the flash otherwise it's spot on

Guest xathras

This topic is getting just plain silly. Personally, I'd rather have Zabaglione (Android 26.0) than Honeycomb, but I guess I'll just have to wait for that.

(Eddie Izzard - Cake or Death?

) Edited by xathras

This topic is getting just plain silly. Personally, I'd rather have Zabaglione (Android 26.0) than Honeycomb, but I guess I'll just have to wait for that.

)

[/quote

:0 wens that coming out!?!

Guest Minimonkey

)

LMAO! I will have cake! :)