New Mobile Security! BitDefender

Guest highaltitude

Guest t0mm13b
Looks nice!

I'll keep it on just in case :)

Thanks for the find!

Look!

Do not install any antivirus crap as they slow down the handset (I do not believe "lightweight" as marketted by these guys!)

Common sense comes into play here....

Install DroidWall and it will stop any malware crap transmitting ....

Unless.... (hate to say this) but you're downloading cracked apps that could have hidden malware - your prerogative not mine....

for the love of god, steer clear of those "solutions" .... otherwise why install a antivirus software on it ... a phone is a phone... not a bloody day to day computer....

Guest highaltitude
Look!

Do not install any antivirus crap as they slow down the handset (I do not believe "lightweight" as marketted by these guys!)

Unless.... (hate to say this) but you're downloading cracked apps that could have hidden malware - your prerogative not mine....

for the love of god, steer clear of those "solutions" .... otherwise why install a antivirus software on it ... a phone is a phone... not a bloody day to day computer....

well I have it installed, and it isnt slowing down my phone. I have been using BD on my home PC for over 5 years. I do Beta testing for their Internet Security software and have gotten free licenses over the years, I find them really good at stopping the crippy crap on my PC. So far I have not noticed one bit of lag due to it being installed.

Edited by highaltitude

Guest Alakasam
Look!

I realise that the chance of me actually carrying/contracting a virus is like 1.0x10^-9001

I normally don't even use stuff like this,

In all honesty, I just like the GUI, it's nice! :)

Guest JingleJo
I realise that the chance of me actually carrying/contracting a virus is like 1.0x10^-9001

I normally don't even use stuff like this,

In all honesty, I just like the GUI, it's nice! :)

Although I'm asian, my maths isn't good... what does 1.0x10^-9001 equal...? (I'm 16)

And because the market is kinda unfiltered, so there are certainly some junk apps that some random person will download and harm their devices.

I personally used lookout before and i find it a memory and battery hog.

Personal preference and btw what is Droid Wall? Is it like a firewall for android?

Guest Alakasam
Although I'm asian, my maths isn't good... what does 1.0x10^-9001 equal...? (I'm 16)

And because the market is kinda unfiltered, so there are certainly some junk apps that some random person will download and harm their devices.

I personally used lookout before and i find it a memory and battery hog.

Personal preference and btw what is Droid Wall? Is it like a firewall for android?

I'm asian too :)

1 x10^-9001 is "standard form" where the real value would be 1/9001, or 0.00000 (9001 zeros) 0001

basically a very small value!

The market is unfiltered yes, but just looking at ratings and how many stars an app has will give you some indication as to how good that app is

DroidWall is not really a "firewall" as such, it's an application that uses the iptable from Linux's firewall, (the one thats deep inside your phone - with the kernel). it lets you to restrict and allow which apps that can use your data etc.

Guest arkedk

This might come in handy in the future. But as of now it's not really usable. Google has it's own backdoor/kill switch to remove infected and malicious apps from any Android device.

So if an app/s is detected as being malicious Google will take care of it OTA.

Can't see why to bog down the phone by adding an unnecessary layer of scanning and monitoring.

Edited by arkedk