StreakBuntu 1.0 Ubuntu on your Streak

Guest proclean2000

Guest mrmrmrmr

well, ubuntu is free. So we can still post the original contents and share the files on this thread. maybe then he understands he's doing wrong.

Guest proclean2000

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.a...e=search_result

Now a downloadable app from the market.

Thank you again for all of your input.

We republished the app in the market today and have completely overhauled the app and install process to make it much easier. I would like to apologize to the community as I have read through the posts and understandably some are upset because this went from free to a paid app. The reason is the file went from an 8 part download for the image to a single 1.5gb file. The hosting costs us quite a bit of the price we charge for downloading the files. We did not want to use free file hosting as this was a better option in our opinion for the end user (quite a few times unzipping the 8 part file into a single zip was creating an unusable ubuntu image in our testing). We also are using any of the remaining proceeds to pay the Dev who overhauled the app to the current version posted above to keep it looking and working nicely. This Ubuntu image will be updated frequently and updates are always free. We also are looking to port other versions of linux for Android and once again our under paid (almost free) Dev has been so kind to take this project on for us. If the MODS here see it fit to remove this post I would encourage them to do so as it is not our intention to take advantage of the hard earned monies of anyone who may decide to purchase this app to support our developer. If you chose to support our project we greatly appreciate it and thank all of the users who have purchased the app to date ;-)

Guest at_homeuk

Thamk you for your reply. It would be interesting to hear other peoples views.

Is your post on XDA still locked if it is could you explain to us why that is?

I personally dont agree with your method and have removed your application from my streak. I hope the next time you choose to develop an APP you act in a more possitive way. I for one feel quite cheated.