CyanogenMod 7.1 RC released!!!!

Guest mikeb90

Guest daniellalkov

Just installed dtox125's build from 06 Aug 2011.

I love it. All but camera work. Network, wi-fi, sensors work.

Installed atop of partitions made by official UK 2010 rom (~100Mb /system partition).

I actually installed together ROM and gapps - worked fine for me. But some suggest to install gapps after...

Guys i can't install MARKET everything is install correct but market is missing for this rom, i install first rom with clockworkmod 2.5.0.7 and after that gapps and on the begging ask me for account and then the market is missing .

HELP ?? :P

Guest h3dshot

Guys i can't install MARKET everything is install correct but market is missing for this rom, i install first rom with clockworkmod 2.5.0.7 and after that gapps and on the begging ask me for account and then the market is missing .

not sure but i think you can find a market apk on google :)

This helped me once in similar scenario :)

Not really, seems,

one should kindly ask Tom G to continue his experiments...

In the moment it looks the system compiled with dummy camera drivers - i get a green android robot as photo every time :)

But other than the cam, I use the rom for everyday use... I quite like to have Gingerbread on Pulse even in this state.

Guest HunterNG94

yes, no doubt it's very good and i like it more than FLB.

but i use camera in school. i take photos of notebooks when i don't have something, and unfortunate that's often tongue.gif.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sun lbx

Hi, folks :)

I have a little fix for those who want the textures to be rendered in 3D apps such as Neocore.

Our pulses' 2.1 libraries named libEGL.so didn't work with Gingerbread anymore, though they were still working in Froyo.

Here's an updated library, Ginger-compatible.

The GPU driver is OK again :)

Put the file into "system/lib/", overwriting the old one.

Works perfectly for me, but you are adviced to do a backup before giving a try.

Any feedback appreciated.

Link: http://rghost.net/31120601

Sorry, for some reason I can't attach the file to the post, it gives me an error.

Maybe someone else will succeed.

Hi, folks :)

I have a little fix for those who want the textures to be rendered in 3D apps such as Neocore.

Our pulses' 2.1 libraries named libEGL.so didn't work with Gingerbread anymore, though they were still working in Froyo.

Here's an updated library, Ginger-compatible.

Awesome contribution!

Where did you find it? (or compiled yourself?) May be there is some more useful stuff, like ... camera drivers for example..? :)

Guest sun lbx

I'm glad to hear it worked.

It's a typical gingerbread lib for MSM7200/7201 based phones, just slightly modified.

But that's only the basic driver functionality, the camera problem is in our "/system/lib/egl/libGLES_qcom.so" file, i think.

While the first file must be compatible with the chipset only, the second one must also be compatible with the camera, and that part of code is proprietary.

I'm still searching for/thinking about the ways out.

.. the camera problem is in our "/system/lib/egl/libGLES_qcom.so" file, i think.

While the first file must be compatible with the chipset only, the second one must also be compatible with the camera, and that part of code is proprietary.

I'm still searching for/thinking about the ways out.

You probably know, our cameras are:

ov3647 - Main camera (OmniVision),

ov7690 - Front camera (OmniVision),

mt9t013_byd - alternative main camera installed instead of ov3647 on some boards.

Thanks sun lbx! The fix for rendered in 3D works for me too! Amazing.

It will be a dream if we have a solution for the camera, i think that a long time ago i read something about that TomG was thinking to use an HTC camera driver and that driver only need some modifications to use in our CM7, perhaps it was not possible and he give up.

Guest Mistaken
Set JVM heap size to 24Mb (from default 16Mb) via menu. Amazing difference - so smooth now!

You should try to believe.

That sounds great, but i don't understand it. What does it mean? What is "JVM heap" and where can i change it?

Sorry, i'm not that practiced...

Thank You

That sounds great, but i don't understand it. What does it mean? What is "JVM heap" and where can i change it?

Sorry, i'm not that practiced...

Thank You

From here:

"Changing dalvik vm heapsize:

Cyanogenmod settings -> Performance settings-> VM heap size

this increases the maximum virtual memory allocated to each app running (pros: lesser force closes and redraws on apps that use much memory like adw launcher etc; cons: limits multitasking; i'm using 32M which i think is optimal); REBOOT NEEDED!!!"

It's setting in main menu

Hi I managed to fix the market problem from here> http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ I used this > http://goo-inside.me...0828-signed.zip hope this helps the new comer's like me.

@

dtox125 I didnt realize you already posted a fixwink.gif

Edited by twics

My wifi and 3g/2g icons show at the same time on the status bar, but if I turn off wifi and turn it on again then data icon goes away for a while but then comes back, anyone have the same thing?

Edit>fixed the wifi issue however does anyone know why some widgets are not showing up when you go to choose.

Edited by twics

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest sun lbx

God damn, I can't fix OpenGL

awww

Without this thing working, the interface will remain as sluggish as fuсk

I keep trying though.

Now I'll have a look at the things posted above

Edited by sun lbx

Guest greenG0

I've installed and run this mod and "gapps" successfully on my Huawei u8230 over U8230V100R001C00B837 (stock/normal ROM).

Everything is working :)... of cause except camera :mellow:

God damn, I can't fix OpenGL

awww

Without this thing working, the interface will remain as sluggish as fuсk

I keep trying though.

Now I'll have a look at the things posted above

Is that the last remaining 'biggie' to catch before the ROM is useable as a daily? Can live without camera (have taken maybe 10 pictures in 2 years) but lag is a killer.

Good work one and all on getting this far though.

Is that the last remaining 'biggie' to catch before the ROM is useable as a daily? Can live without camera (have taken maybe 10 pictures in 2 years) but lag is a killer.

Good work one and all on getting this far though.

Not sure what the previous author is referring to, but I use this CM7.1RC setup every day and it's way snappier that the original Pulse rom. (VM heap size 24M).

Plus it's of course more functional - it's Gingerbread after all. (Not talking about camera).

Guest sun lbx

The interface in CM7 is waaay slower than that in CM6

F.ex. when I press the power button in CM6, the menu shows up quickly and smoothly.

When I do that in CM7, the menu isn't smooth at all, only 3-5 frames of animation are rendered.

And the problem is thought to be somewhere in "libgles_qcom.so"

Damn it.

That's why I personally stick to CM6.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oOBENJYOo

Hi did anyone ever resolve this issue ? I just updated to this rom but have no network, so if anyone can direct me to a link with the bits that are missing I would appreciate it :) Happy new year...