Bricked blade? Cant boot to clockwork or fastboot

Guest joesan

Guest joesan

I have big problems.

I have a blade from saunalahti finland, it was 2.1 originally but i upgraded to swedish spring rls5. that was cool but i wanted to try the stock saunalahti version of 2.2.

I decided to install it in the same was i installed swedish spring using a guide from sanfranciscoandroid.co.uk, I assumed i did not need to root and install clockwork since i had previously done it so i followed the guide from the last stage, choosing and installing the rom.

I chose the rom FRY_EFIN_P729BV1.0.0B04-update_signed from a list of stcok roms on this forum.

when i installed using clockwork mod i rebooted and all i got was a flashing saunalahti screen.

i tried to boot into clockork with no luck

i tried fast boot with no joy

so i tried to use fast boot via my pc and command promt but when i try to flash clock.img it just says waiting for device and nothing happens.

can anyone help i think i might have killed this blade.

thanks

Joe

Guest hedgepigdaniel

It's not bricked, you can definitely fix it up.

You have probably installed a Gen2 ROM on your Gen1 Blade. these are two different bootloader configurations that are not compatible. factory 2.1 ROMS are Gen1, factory 2.2 ROMs are Gen2. Swedish Spring supports both.

What happens when you try to boot into clockwork? if it boots into FTM, then read on, if not then what happens and how are you trying?

If you can handle losing all your data, go to the Gen2 upgrade sticky and install the Gen1 TPT if you want to restore to the way things were and boot clockwork, or the Gen2 TPT if you want to run the saunalahti 2.2 ROM. This will reflash your phone's bootloader.

Edited by hedgepigdaniel

Guest hedgepigdaniel

also if you are trying to use fastboot, then have you booted it into fastboot mode? power on with volume+, it should stay at the green android.

Guest joesan
It's not bricked, you can definitely fix it up.

You have probably installed a Gen2 ROM on your Gen1 Blade. these are two different bootloader configurations that are not compatible. factory 2.1 ROMS are Gen1, factory 2.2 ROMs are Gen2. Swedish Spring supports both.

What happens when you try to boot into clockwork? if it boots into FTM, then read on, if not then what happens and how are you trying?

If you can handle losing all your data, go to the Gen2 upgrade sticky and install the Gen1 TPT if you want to restore to the way things were and boot clockwork, or the Gen2 TPT if you want to run the saunalahti 2.2 ROM. This will reflash your phone's bootloader.

Hedgepig daniel

when i try to boot to clockwork it continues to flash the saunalahti logo and the return button is red i am pressing power and - for 5 seconds

when i hook it up to the comp the comp no longer recognises the usb device and when i use fast boot on the pc it is just waiting for device, the screen goes black with no flashing logo

i dont know what ftm is

i dont mind losing my data

i am a mindless noob so please help me step by step!

1000 thanks!

Guest joesan
Hedgepig daniel

when i try to boot to clockwork it continues to flash the saunalahti logo and the return button is red i am pressing power and - for 5 seconds

when i hook it up to the comp the comp no longer recognises the usb device and when i use fast boot on the pc it is just waiting for device, the screen goes black with no flashing logo

i dont know what ftm is

i dont mind losing my data

i am a mindless noob so please help me step by step!

1000 thanks!

dont get a green andoid, never have, just white saunalahti and lighthouse (thier logo)

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Well if you don't mind losing your data then its simple.

If you want to use the saunalahti ROM:

1. Go to the Gen2 upgrade thread I linked to and follow the instructions to upgrade to Gen2, choosing the v7 version.
  2. clockwork should work. boot into it and go to advanced, mounts, mount USB storage.
  3. connect to your computer and save the zip file for the saunalahti ROM on your SD card
  4. install via clockworkmod

Guest joesan
Well if you don't mind losing your data then its simple.

If you want to use the saunalahti ROM:

1. Go to the Gen2 upgrade thread I linked to and follow the instructions to upgrade to Gen2, choosing the v7 version.
  2. clockwork should work. boot into it and go to advanced, mounts, mount USB storage.
  3. connect to your computer and save the zip file for the saunalahti ROM on your SD card
  4. install via clockworkmod

ok thanks,

i will try when i am back in helsinki tomorrow and have sd card adapter, as i said i cant get to the sd card via the phone because it wont recognise the blade.

i will give this whirl and post back when i have done it,

thanks

Guest hecatae

gen2 stock rom has put a gen2 stock recovery.img on the recovery partition of the gen 1 layout.

Some of Sebastian404s stock roms are dangerous if you are unaware of the base address difference between stock eclair and stock froyo blades, as the majority come with stock recovery, if you flash one you need to flash a clockwork or ra recovery afterwards

Guest joesan

no luck,

I tried to follow the guide but as i explained i cant get past the flashing saunalahti screen.

i tried to copy the files to the sd card. i took it out and put it in an apapter.

still i get the flashing screen.

i cant contact the device at all via usb and even the windows fastboot does not appear to work.

any more ideas?

i think i managed to kill it

Guest joesan
You can find saunalahti stock ROM TPTs here:

Saunalahti 2.1: http://palsta.saunalahti.fi/index.php/topi....html#msg162574

Saunalahti 2.2: http://palsta.saunalahti.fi/index.php/topi....html#msg162575

Give that a try.

KonstaT thanks for your hekp

I would like to restore my phone to the original stock 2.1.

I will try out what you said.

kiitos/tack

Joel