Any roms with the native wifi hotspot functionality available?

Guest KenBW2

Guest KenBW2

I'm wanting to use my Pulse in permanent residence as my car's personal wifi hotspot, with profiles on Tasker for enabling it when I'm in the car, and powersave mode when I'm not.

For this I need the native wifi hotspot functionality to be available, as Barnacle (great app though it is) doesn't automatically broadcast upon opening. But I'm stuggling to find a rom which has the functionality available, I understand it's because we haven't got the right kernel version for it.

If there is one though, I'd appreciate some direction on where it is

Guest sun lbx

i heard of some program for root users, its name was "Wifi hotspot" or something like that.

Search Google for such programs and check if they work

Guest twrock
I'm wanting to use my Pulse in permanent residence as my car's personal wifi hotspot, with profiles on Tasker for enabling it when I'm in the car, and powersave mode when I'm not.

For this I need the native wifi hotspot functionality to be available, as Barnacle (great app though it is) doesn't automatically broadcast upon opening. But I'm stuggling to find a rom which has the functionality available, I understand it's because we haven't got the right kernel version for it.

I believe I recall that in the dsixda rom kitchen, there is an option for enabling built-in wifi tethering. I have never built a rom using that option, so I don't know how it works or if it works. But since you also have a ZTE Blade, talk to Flibblesan about this as well. He might know more about it.

Guest James Kei

Get yourself U8150, U8220 does not have native wifi hotspot due to the kernel.