Battery Life Cyanogenmod Green V5 vs. Ginger Stir Fry?

Guest killthatwha

Guest ThrashMan

Everyone uses their phones differently, the only person that can answer your question is YOU!

Try both ROMs and see which works best for you.

Guest lincsh

For me, Ginger Stir Fry is better, i have tried Cyanogenmod 7.0.3 stable and 109nightly. The battey life was awful, one night may drain 15%. Last night i tried Ginger Stir Fry beta 7, now after 17 hours it still have 67%.

Guest Psyloid
For me, Ginger Stir Fry is better, i have tried Cyanogenmod 7.0.3 stable and 109nightly. The battey life was awful, one night may drain 15%. Last night i tried Ginger Stir Fry beta 7, now after 17 hours it still have 67%.

Green is uncomparable to 7.0.3 or N109 , but i must say that ginger stir fry is a bit better in the battery department

Guest Lord_Snake
Everyone uses their phones differently, the only person that can answer your question is YOU!

Try both ROMs and see which works best for you.

This has nothing to do with the use. GSF is much better than any CM version or any Froyo ROM that I had use in concern to battery life.

Guest craigb244

yep much better! the first couple of days where about the same then i charged in yesterday morning (battery died over night) and had it fully charged by about half 10 and i have yet to put it back on charger with over 60% left :)

Guest finbaar
This has nothing to do with the use. GSF is much better than any CM version or any Froyo ROM that I had use in concern to battery life.

What he said

• 2 months later...
Guest peejay2000

I've just installed Ginger Stir Fry (b24) and I'm afraid I'm getting very disappointing battery life. My phone's been on not quite 10 hours, and the battery is at 14%. This is with a few minutes of browsing, reading 3 emails, a minute or so of Facebook, and no calls. Has GSF got worse for battery life with more recent versions?

This is the first time I've tried installing a rom, so I'm comparing with stock 2.1.

(Edited to add) I've done the battery calibration tip thing, and it didn't seem to help.

Edited by peejay2000

Guest Coffer52

When you install the rom you should also clear battery stats, I'm using blade mix 2.2 and the battery is superb! Left overnight 10 hours the battery was 100% this morning. It's based on GSF 14.

Guest peejay2000

When you install the rom you should also clear battery stats, I'm using blade mix 2.2 and the battery is superb! Left overnight 10 hours the battery was 100% this morning. It's based on GSF 14.

Thanks, I did clear the battery stats, and it didn't seem to help. Going to try maxing out the battery charge again today and clear them again, see if that helps.

I didn't realise blade mix 2.2 is based on an earlier gsf. If my battery life doesn't improve I think I'll have to try a different rom, so maybe I'll give that a try. (Don't particularly want to try loads, though, as it's a bit of a hassle... Not the actual changing the rom, but everything else - restoring applications, clearing battery stats, setting up home screens again, re-registering kindle and re-downloading all your books, etc)

peejay

Guest dirlan2001

That's what I get and even better on GSF b26 + Burstlam's kernel 2.5.2

:D

Dirk

Guest Coffer52

That's what I get and even better on GSF b26 + Burstlam's kernel 2.5.2

:D

Dirk

Yeh, I'm using Burstlam's 2.5.2 as well maybe that's the key, can be patched onto any GSF rom as far as I'm aware.