Gingerbread Goodies [updated 12/08/11] with essential POLL

Guest rockstarszzzz

Any update Kuio

We have to wait till website is back online.

Kitchen is closed at the moment.

I can't figure out how to change the green signal icon to blue , sorry

Otherwise , everybody can pm me telling me what they like , and what not ... and what they won't .

I will cook whatever you want , based on GSF B17

Guest rockstarszzzz

Guys,

I am not going to reply to all those individual PMs regarding this thread. I am instead writing the summary here:

1) Sorry for not updating the first post in July.

2) Since framework changes kicks in with each update, it is helpful if theme-makers update with what's outdated, it makes easier for me.

3) Please remember, I am (or was) following 3-4 different threads and merging the links in this one thread. I am still happy to do it, as long as mod/theme makers let me know what won't work with latest GSF. Pure reason being, I am not trying all these mods, so won't realise when things stop working!

4) I am still not going to straight away update the first post as there are random themes and mods lying around in GSF thread plus wbaw drinks too much coffee so brings update real quick! :)

5) With current condition of mods cracking down, devs not happy with things, there is slow development more arguements, hence I don't think it's wise to update this post only to change in once again in a day or two when development kicks in!

However, if you guys still think that you want updated first post for the ease of browsing/searching - let me know what doesn't work and I will be quicker that way! :)

Hope you lot are using this thread more than I expect!

Happy weekend..

Guest stephen m

We have to wait till website is back online.

Kitchen is closed at the moment.

I can't figure out how to change the green signal icon to blue , sorry

Otherwise , everybody can pm me telling me what they like , and what not ... and what they won't .

I will cook whatever you want , based on GSF B17

No probs Kuoi, I'm sure you'll work it out! FYI. It goes blue when there's no signaldry.gif

Guest bravoj

No probs Kuoi, I'm sure you'll work it out! FYI. It goes blue when there's no signaldry.gif

When you see the green signal icon, does it show a G or H next to it?

Perhaps the stat_sys_hspa_signal_* and stat_sys_gsm_signal_* icons need to be updated to blue in SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\ ?

Guest Ralph Martin

Here is a green theme for GSF b18, with circle battery, and other bits turned green. Notifications have a plain white background to make them easier to read.

Built with UOT kitchen http://uot.dakra.lt/.

If there's something WRONG with the theme, (white text on a white background, etc) let me know.

If there's something you DON'T LIKE with the theme, build your own at the UOT kitchen!

UOT-08-01-11-56-1.zip

Guest XpressAndy

Here is a green theme for GSF b18, with circle battery, and other bits turned green. Notifications have a plain white background to make them easier to read.

Built with UOT kitchen http://uot.dakra.lt/.

If there's something WRONG with the theme, (white text on a white background, etc) let me know.

If there's something you DON'T LIKE with the theme, build your own at the UOT kitchen!

Any screenshots?

Guest Ralph Martin

Any screenshots?

Fraid not.

It's pretty much vanilla, except some elements are green instead of orange or grey as before.

The notifications are black on a solid white background, as I find that is easier to read.

Nothing fancy.

Have a look at zomgbug's screenshots to get the basic idea. Very similar, but done with build 18 files instead of build 14 (I don't know if these differ...)

Edited by Ralph Martin

Trying to make something else for about 3,5 hours now , and after all the suffering ... NOTHING is made and site is down now.

WHAT have they done with the kitchen last weekend ? NOTHING GOOD , that's for sure.

Since the update it is almost useless !

Guest XpressAndy

I've made a B18 theme for Ginger Stir Fry

This is how it looks like.

post-892314-0-88626400-1312372084_thumb.post-892314-0-34330500-1312372085_thumb.post-892314-0-90928500-1312372085_thumb.post-892314-0-48423400-1312372086_thumb.post-892314-0-89305900-1312372086_thumb.

GSF B18 Green theme

Hey cool theme. I prefer blue to green ;) Are you gonna make blue one for b18?

One more question, how can I change the GMail notification icon? It's default dull grey at the moment.

Edited by XpressAndy

Guest Decadence

Does the UOT kitchen not theme signal bars? After applying the zip

I still always get the default green signal bars

Edited by Decadence

Hey cool theme. I prefer blue to green ;) Are you gonna make blue one for b18?

One more question, how can I change the GMail notification icon? It's default dull grey at the moment.

I'll make a blue one for B18 when kitchen is back online.

I can't help about the Gmail icon , sorry

Guest kogos

Does the UOT kitchen not theme signal bars? After applying the zip

I still always get the default green signal bars

i think not, at least not for blade

I 've never seen signal bars themed with any UOT's theme, and i even tried changing those manually with no luck... So, i guess we just have to live with the standard white-green signal bars.

Guest bravoj

i think not, at least not for blade

I 've never seen signal bars themed with any UOT's theme, and i even tried changing those manually with no luck... So, i guess we just have to live with the standard white-green signal bars.

Yeah, UOT doesnt seem to have it,

i did try manually updating the stat_sys_edge_*, stat_sys_gsm_*, stat_sys_hspa_* files, then resigning the zip file and it worked.

Although i just used the stat_sys_signal_* files from GSF Blue icons and Batt percent.zip and renamed them to edge, gsm and hspa.

Made a hack of Elitemovils notification power widget using systemui.apk of gsf b17. This allows direct changing of wifi, bluetooth, gps, sound/vibrate, autorotate on notification bar. All of the hard work was already done by Elitemovil, I just ported it to gsf's apk, and works with 12 hour or 24 format clock. Also modified the icon colours to fit in better with my own uot theme. It should still be themeable in uot kitchen but not tested. Please dont pester Elitemovil with questions about this version.

7996bc54ef52dad0d0a2cadbb830db68a945e7100c75c4a7edc85438966fb7786g.jpg

Flash zip in clockwork mod, wipe dalvik

Flash zip to revert back to original

Version 2, changed icons to be a bit more stock. fixed a bug in sound icon. Made signal bars blue.

d03c123c123d34cbd68ff42b7d786c15232dd4e424731b72b8abad369d4959d26g.jpg

Version 2

Version 2b, changed icons a bit, changed more of the signal bars to same shade

70a52778d378b5d2ccaca428c031c2b074e6208c67be0232c17cd03aedb164686g.jpg

Version 2b

Issues: the mod has text labels underneath the icons, but I can't get the layout hacked properly for them to show up. If anyone really wants them let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Edited by flshg

Guest XpressAndy

Made a hack of Elitemovils notification power widget using systemui.apk of gsf b17. This allows direct changing of wifi, bluetooth, gps, sound/vibrate, autorotate on notification bar. All of the hard work was already done by Elitemovil, I just ported it to gsf's apk, and works with 12 hour or 24 format clock. Also modified the icon colours to fit in better with my own uot theme. It should still be themeable in uot kitchen but not tested. Please dont pester Elitemovil with questions about this version.

7996bc54ef52dad0d0a2cadbb830db68a945e7100c75c4a7edc85438966fb7786g.jpg

Flash zip in clockwork mod, wipe dalvik

Flash zip to revert back to original

Hey could you please guide me how you did it? I would like to add it to my own theme for GSF18 plus I would learn something new :)

Hey could you please guide me how you did it? I would like to add it to my own theme for GSF18 plus I would learn something new :)

You will need to find out how to decompile apks. I use apktool.

Compare the decompiled versions of Elitemovils mod and the original systemui.apk, and make the necessary changes to icons, xml and code. Recompile, sign, zipalign. Make into flashable zip using other mods as a basis.

I've used UOT Kitchen to cook a simple theme mod for Ginger Stir Fry to just change the battery icon to a circle (either thin or fat) - everything else stays the same. It has been tested on GSF b17 and b19. You can get it here.

(In hindsight I should have posted it in this thread, but, as I haven't been following the forum closely in recent months I hadn't realised there was a unified gingerbread theme thread here. I had been looking under the Themes and Design customisation sub-forum!)

Guest rockstarszzzz

Hi guys,

thanks a lot for all the good work you are putting into developing these themes, mods and add-ons making already a great ROM, into a fantastic ROM!

I've updated the first post (well delayed!) and also added a poll in order to find out what themes are out-of-date. I am sure most of us don't use anything below B10. But it will be good to have a general idea on what BETA everyone is on, and then I can remove the old themes that were based on OLD framework. This will clutter the first post a little less and will be easy to access correct themes :)

Keep posting..

Guest Telltale

I know it's a fairly big ask but would it be at all possible to change the toggles to be the same as the default gingerbead power widget e.g. Wi-Fi>Bluetooth>GPS>Mobile Data>Brightness? Thanks in advance. smile.gif

Guest rockstarszzzz

I know it's a fairly big ask but would it be at all possible to change the toggles to be the same as the default gingerbead power widget e.g. Wi-Fi>Bluetooth>GPS>Mobile Data>Brightness? Thanks in advance. smile.gif

I think your best bet is contacting elitemovil on XDA. The theme you are refering to is just say a 'skin' for the mod by elitemovil. Unless someone is ready to edit the mod - it's not possible just by theming. However, I think since elitemovil has already got what's need for the mod, he might be able to do it if you ask nicely! :)