Gingerbread Goodies [updated 12/08/11] with essential POLL

Guest rockstarszzzz

Guest rockstarszzzz
it would be awesome if you could make transparent notification bar :)

please, make me happy!

I've put something together for you - hope you will like it :rolleyes:

Edit: The transperant = what by the way!? Any screenshots?

I've made one, but to me it seems plain clean black!

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest casey99

Hi Rockstarszzz, I just flashed your new Honey Hybrid Pro theme. I've always preferred blue themes and this is great, the new font is very clean.

Just to let you know the Honeycomb boot animation didn't work, it's the same green android with the whizzy green firework circling around it. Not that I mind, I'm not very fond of that honeycomb animation. Also the wifi indicator in the status bar when working is still green. Maybe if you tweak this theme in the future you could change the blue colour in the scroll bars and volume controls to be closer to the blue in the battery indicator.

Sorry if all that seems like a pat on the back followed by a bit of a kicking, just my observations. I wish I had the talent to put together a theme. :)

Many thanks for a fine theme.

Casey

Guest rockstarszzzz
Hi Rockstarszzz, I just flashed your new Honey Hybrid Pro theme. I've always preferred blue themes and this is great, the new font is very clean.

Just to let you know the Honeycomb boot animation didn't work, it's the same green android with the whizzy green firework circling around it. Not that I mind, I'm not very fond of that honeycomb animation. Also the wifi indicator in the status bar when working is still green. Maybe if you tweak this theme in the future you could change the blue colour in the scroll bars and volume controls to be closer to the blue in the battery indicator.

Sorry if all that seems like a pat on the back followed by a bit of a kicking, just my observations. I wish I had the talent to put together a theme. :)

Many thanks for a fine theme.

Casey

Thanks a lot Casey, am just learning! :rolleyes: But it's good someone feels adventurous and does the testing.

One thing though - did you wipe your Dalvik Cache?

I tested both themes on my blade and none of those issues occured. If you wipe the dalvik it should work ideally. As from screenshots you can see the wifi and network bars are not green any longer. In terms of making all blues same - I can make one version for you with all same blues, but when I flashed it, I din't like it myself, so thought of keeping the blues in different shades :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot again!

Also: What about the animated windows? - good? bad? ugly?

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest Ythle

Using Rockstarzzz's - HybridHoney Pro Theme tested on GingerStirFry B9

Wiped Dalvik, but still my lockscreen shows it self as grey when sliding, someone more than me having these problems?

Nice theme thought! BTW, cool window animations, thumbs up!

Edited by Ythle

Guest rockstarszzzz
Using Rockstarzzz's - HybridHoney Pro Theme tested on GingerStirFry B9

Wiped Dalvik, but still my lockscreen shows it self as grey when sliding, someone more than me having these problems?

Nice theme thought! BTW, cool window animations, thumbs up!

+1 on that! I myself have it!!

Sorry din't check that as I use pattern lock, so never get sliding tabs :)

Will look into it

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest casey99
Thanks a lot Casey, am just learning! :) But it's good someone feels adventurous and does the testing.

One thing though - did you wipe your Dalvik Cache?

I tested both themes on my blade and none of those issues occured. If you wipe the dalvik it should work ideally. As from screenshots you can see the wifi and network bars are not green any longer. In terms of making all blues same - I can make one version for you with all same blues, but when I flashed it, I din't like it myself, so thought of keeping the blues in different shades :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot again!

Also: What about the animated windows? - good? bad? ugly?

First - window animations - good, different from the norm but not too flashy.

Yes I did wipe Dalvik, before flashing the zip, is that the right way around? Or should I wipe after flashing?

In your screenshots the wifi and network bars are white, as they are on mine, but when the wifi is sending/receiving data it turns green as it did before I flashed the theme. Maybe I should try re-flashing.

Thanks for the quick reply and sorry I missed a Z from your name in the first post :rolleyes:

Guest rockstarszzzz

Yes I did wipe Dalvik, before flashing the zip, is that the right way around? Or should I wipe after flashing?

In your screenshots the wifi and network bars are white, as they are on mine, but when the wifi is sending/receiving data it turns green as it did before I flashed the theme. Maybe I should try re-flashing.

Thanks for the quick reply and sorry I missed a Z from your name in the first post :rolleyes:

"sorry I missed a Z from your name" - classic LOL moment!

Ok, that I will take into consideration and try to make it blue when trying to connect - for some reason I only get white, no green. The only greens that I have come across is the 'ticks' in various menus but did not try to put any hardwork into it as I have a gut feeling B10 is on it's way soon :rolleyes:

The other bit that's not blue is - when you press some options, you will still see 'yellow' as old - that's not blue - only reason, blue + black = I feel blind!

Your method is correct of wipe, then flash.

So most likely I am not doing something right, as prementioned, I am learning so this is my first test :)

Guest Yuccaman

OK, here's the green battery circle + green GPS indicator on top of K0smic's excellent Notification zip file....

Use at your own peril - It works for me but if it doesn't work for you, I doubt I'll be any help in figuring out why - this change is simply a copy and paste to an existing file.

MultiUpload

MD5: 72dc0aa808a18603fead796ad7f7f08a

Edited by Yuccaman

Guest rockstarszzzz
OK, here's the green battery circle + green GPS indicator on top of K0smic's excellent Notification zip file....

Use at your own peril - It works for me but if it doesn't work for you, I doubt I'll be any help in figuring out why - this change is simply a copy and paste to an existing file.

MultiUpload

is this the one with screen screen screenshit in first post?

Guest Kuoi

MultiUpload

Wiped Dalvik cache , and installed this mod ... IT'S WORKING on Ginger Stir Fry b9 !

Thanks , Kuoi

Edited by Kuoi

Guest rockstarszzzz

Hi Casey!!

Try the HybridHoneyUltimate - it's all fixed for blue! Hope you enjoy it :)

Guest Yuccaman
is this the one with screen screen screenshit in first post?

Yep, thought I wouldn't bother updating that post with the same screen, although I went back and edited my original post with the screen to add the link.....

Guest andw77

I've combined some features from other mods and put them all in one:

- Stock notification (K0smic)

- Thin circle mod (tmmp)

- Gingebread green

As usual, try at your own risk ;-)

Stock_Notification_GingerGreen_ThinCircle_Mod.zip @MultiUpload

MD5: 23a832f60697117f6b7ed9f629f238fc

post-768738-1309762211_thumb.png

Guest rockstarszzzz
I've combined some features from other mods and put them all in one:

- Stock notification (K0smic)

- Thin circle mod (tmmp)

- Gingebread green

As usual, try at your own risk ;-)

Stock_Notification_GingerGreen_ThinCircle_Mod.zip @MultiUpload

MD5: 23a832f60697117f6b7ed9f629f238fc

post-768738-1309762211_thumb.png

Thanks a lot Andw77!

I have updated the first post :)

Guest Turisu

rockstarzzz, any chance you could upload screens for all your Honeycomb theme variations? What I'm looking for is a theme with Honeycomb-style notification bar icons including the stock battery icon (but in blue/Honeycomb colour) and I can't really tell from the descriptions if any of these fit the bill. Many thanks. :)

Guest pmmct

rockstarzzzz,

Is your theme based on the "current" framework? :rolleyes:

It looks good, even if it's lacking the transparent notification... :rolleyes:

Please, do add a couple of pictures to the ultimate and supreme flavours! :)

Guest rockstarszzzz
rockstarzzz, any chance you could upload screens for all your Honeycomb theme variations? What I'm looking for is a theme with Honeycomb-style notification bar icons including the stock battery icon (but in blue/Honeycomb colour) and I can't really tell from the descriptions if any of these fit the bill. Many thanks. :)

Hi Turisu, If you want you can try the HybridHoney Mega - it's what will fit your bill - only the battery icon is blue, but not stock :rolleyes: Screenshots in 1st post!

Guest rockstarszzzz
rockstarzzzz,

Is your theme based on the "current" framework? B)

It looks good, even if it's lacking the transparent notification... ;)

Please, do add a couple of pictures to the ultimate and supreme flavours! :)

It's based on b9 framework - so won't change anything but the looks - functionality remains the same :rolleyes:

There are 4 variations in terms of transparency - I found a bug with ultimate so have taken it down for a bit, but have replaced with mega version. See if the transparency suits your taste :rolleyes:

I've uploaded supreme as well - the transperancy is different, but since am developing other themes, I haven't got more supreme screenshots. I've updated a couple in first post.

The main difference between all 4 versions is in how these core elements are combined:

• Windows animation
  • Overscroll glow
  • Status drop transperancy
  • Theme colour variations throughout the system
  • Notification bar icon variations
  • System Fonts

There might be more variations but can't think of them :D

Guest pmmct
It's based on b9 framework - so won't change anything but the looks - functionality remains the same :)

There are 4 variations in terms of transparency - I found a bug with ultimate so have taken it down for a bit, but have replaced with mega version. See if the transparency suits your taste :rolleyes:

I've uploaded supreme as well - the transperancy is different, but since am developing other themes, I haven't got more supreme screenshots. I've updated a couple in first post.

The main difference between all 4 versions is in how these core elements are combined:

• Windows animation
  • Overscroll glow
  • Status drop transperancy
  • Theme colour variations throughout the system
  • Notification bar icon variations
  • System Fonts

There might be more variations but can't think of them :rolleyes:

At last, a valid reason to update from B8 to B9! ;)

I'll keep an eye on your theme set, and will probably use it... sooner than latter! :D

Thanks mate!

Guest rockstarszzzz
At last, a valid reason to update from B8 to B9! :rolleyes:

I'll keep an eye on your theme set, and will probably use it... sooner than latter! :rolleyes:

Thanks mate!

I don't know if anyone else is using this theme-set yet, but I have found one bug that doesn't bother me much. The fix is easy, but will only go on doing it, if someone else gets bothered by it :)

Guest rockstarszzzz
Is SteelBlue theme compatible with B9?

Most probably yes. In worst case scenario, it might replace the framework i.e. if you lose any 'fixes' of b9 then all you need to do is - enter recovery and install the ROM. You can wipe dalvik cache. But you won't need to wipe your data. That way you won't loose anything :)

Guest pmmct
I don't know if anyone else is using this theme-set yet, but I have found one bug that doesn't bother me much. The fix is easy, but will only go on doing it, if someone else gets bothered by it :rolleyes:

Am I feeling a bit put off by your statement?!... :)

Naaaah... not really! :rolleyes: If I find it, I'll tell you about it. Still, I have to decide which one of them to install......