Why can't I buy a keybaord in-store?

Guest MaxiP

Guest MaxiP

My Advent Vega has gone for repair and as it is has a design flaw (early models suffered from poor touch digitizer) I'll be getting either a straight replacement or voucher to spend in-store. I'm seriously considering getting a Transformer but would like to get the keyboard at the same time - none of the DSG websites give the option to buy & collect in store.

If I want the keyboard as part of a deal, I have to buy from website but I'm not sure if the voucher can be used in that way. Does anyone know (a) if DSG vouchers for replacement of kit can be used on-line or (:) when stores will have the keyboards ?

TIA

Guest wilx01

Try your local comet, they quite often have in stock, but they are not available for click and collect, or they can get you on in in a few days. I wanted one in Nottingham. They didn't have one but told me they were 3 in Lincoln. I paid for it in Nottingham ( which removes it from being bought in Lincoln by someone else) and then drove to collect it. Can't you demand a full refund?

Currys/ PC World would be the same I bet, they should be able to do the same.

Hope this helps

As a matter of interest, how does one know if you have a bad screen Digitizer?

Guest MaxiP

Hopefully will get full refund but it might be in the form of a voucher.

Digitizer problems - if you read some of the threads in the Advent Vega forum, you;ll get the idea but when the device is plugged in & charging, the screen becomes hyper responsive to the touch. This results in multiple taps of letters (e.g. banana typed on Vega could be baaanaanna). You can also see the same effect using multitouch visualizer as this shows how the screen reacts to touches.

Guest wilx01
Hopefully will get full refund but it might be in the form of a voucher.

Digitizer problems - if you read some of the threads in the Advent Vega forum, you;ll get the idea but when the device is plugged in & charging, the screen becomes hyper responsive to the touch. This results in multiple taps of letters (e.g. banana typed on Vega could be baaanaanna). You can also see the same effect using multitouch visualizer as this shows how the screen reacts to touches.

Ah Ok, like my Advent Vega would do. This could often be "Fixed" by replacing the power supply, as it what the 50Hz coming from that. Are you sure it wasn't a power supply issue?

Guest MaxiP
Ah Ok, like my Advent Vega would do. This could often be "Fixed" by replacing the power supply, as it what the 50Hz coming from that. Are you sure it wasn't a power supply issue?

The inferior power supply doesn't help but it had the same symptoms when using a 3rd party charger.

Anyway, probably a moot point now as Currys have decided it can't be repaired and have a new Vega for me.

Guest jonnyspuruk
My Advent Vega has gone for repair and as it is has a design flaw (early models suffered from poor touch digitizer) I'll be getting either a straight replacement or voucher to spend in-store. I'm seriously considering getting a Transformer but would like to get the keyboard at the same time - none of the DSG websites give the option to buy & collect in store.

If I want the keyboard as part of a deal, I have to buy from website but I'm not sure if the voucher can be used in that way. Does anyone know (a) if DSG vouchers for replacement of kit can be used on-line or (:) when stores will have the keyboards ?

TIA

I too had the same problem with my vega it went for repair but came back with same fault.i got voucher refund in currys, paid for transformer with keyboard in store and they got it delivered into store for me, only took a few days.