Do not Install app on new room

Guest Mister_R

Guest Mister_R

Hello,

I want to flash a new room. Swedish Spring.

However there are a few applications a do not want to install.

I tried to unzip the room file, delete apk file from system\app and zip again the modified file. Clockworkmod does not flash this modified zip file. It abort installation.

Is there a way not to install all applications from a given customized room? What am I doing wrong?

Guest NickNuke33

Well I personally haven't tried removing apps from the ROM before it has been installed. I usually uninstall any apps I don't need or use with Titanium Backup...great app!:)

Guest Redflake
Hello,

I want to flash a new room. Swedish Spring.

However there are a few applications a do not want to install.

I tried to unzip the room file, delete apk file from system\app and zip again the modified file. Clockworkmod does not flash this modified zip file. It abort installation.

Is there a way not to install all applications from a given customized room? What am I doing wrong?

Use winrar. As already stated don't unzip, just open in winrar remove the apps you don't want and then close winrar.

Guest hugobosslives

or when your in clockwork under the install zip from sdcard option, hit toggle verification. this will mean clockwork will now flash an unsigned zip. so your rezipped rom will not be aborted.

Guest unrandomsam

Or just resign it with signapk.

(Or if thats too difficult or too much effort use the dsixda rom kitchen.

tbh Swedish Spring is getting a bit long in the tooth.

The latest china unicom is apparantly based on android 2.2.2 probably take less than half an hour to get that as a usable rom.