My 4 touch-buttons does not work anymore...

Guest Splux

Guest Splux

Hey.

When I was texting some friends earlier today I noticed that all of my four touch buttons has stopped working.

They don't even work in recovery-mode, so I don't think it has anything to do with my ROM I'm using ATM.

What I've done;

Rebooted

Rebooted in to recovery to try to reflash, but menu-button doesn't work there... ._.

What I'm going to do;

Reflash ROM

Reflash *.bin

Buy a new phone if none of the methods I listed here above works.

So, before I actually buy a new phone because of this, can you guys think of anything I might have done to f*** those buttons up, and something to do to solve this problem. At this moment I'm stuck in a conversation and can only text to one person at a time, since I can't go back into the conversations-list... And I can't use my phone to anything else except for texting to one person x)

So, ideas? What to do?

or, gief some tips of good phones! I'm thinking about the Xperia Play, since it'll get CM7 pretty soon :)

Regards, me :rolleyes:

Guest clemsaklumpen

I had the same problem before today on next rom

i solved it by change softbutton sensitivity in parts to 15 hope it works for you too

Guest Splux

i solved it by change softbutton sensitivity in parts to 15 hope it works for you too

I haven't updated LiquidNextPart... And I don't have 1.3.1 installed, I'm still on LN 1.2 :)

And my softkeys doesn't work in recovery either... So I can't update to 1.3.1, and I can't update the LNP either x)

Anyway, new phone bought. I'm out of this forum now :rolleyes:

Guest RazorICE

Just posting to mention I had the same happen. So frustrating as it happened all of a sudden and I had no idea why. And I'm not on 1.3.1 either, I'm on 1.2.1.

Guest nyancat
Just posting to mention I had the same happen. So frustrating as it happened all of a sudden and I had no idea why. And I'm not on 1.3.1 either, I'm on 1.2.1.

It also occurs in versions 1.3.1 :)

Guest Morris Lee

I had this issue today too, but I just rebooted my phone and it works again. but I did turn it off for a few seconds THEN turn it on. I hope that helps

Guest gnashville

Issue doesn't seem to be with LiquidNext, but with the LNP app. Setting softkey sensitivity to 15 in LNP solved it for me when nothing else would.

Guest emilio84

Same problem here...

I've rebooted phone 20/25 times.

Softkeys don't work even in recovery so i can't flash a bin...

Now i'm trying to reinstall orginal eclair from acer....

Guest AcerFerrari
Same problem here...

I've rebooted phone 20/25 times.

Softkeys don't work even in recovery so i can't flash a bin...

Now i'm trying to reinstall orginal eclair from acer....

work?

Guest thepasto

to get it working again "just" type :

adb remount

adb shell

echo 18 > /sys/devices/platform/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0066/threshold

exit

Guest thepasto
I've set softkeys to 18 and now work. i saw this solution just 1 or 3 seconds before flashing acer's rom :)

Remember to set 18 with LNP again to get it persistent :rolleyes:

Guest fear_factory84

I also had this problem. solved in recovery with the echo 18 ecc ecc command.

What caused this in liquid next parts? I have not changed anything related to button sensitivity..

Guest sexbob

thanks for the help. i was thinking i would have to restore the original bin.

Pissed me off today so much that sometimes i was thinking to throw it to the ground...

thanks again.

Guest Splux

Thanks for the reply, appearently I had updated the LNP app... Well, damn auto-updates x)

During the frustration of not being able to do anything I ordered a new phone, since I thought it was because I dropped the phone and cracked the display for a couple of weeks ago...

So, I'm moving on to xda-developers since the forum here on modaco for the HTC Incredible S is just as dead as the fishes I had for 10 years ago and flushed into the toilet.

To all developers; thanks for making the Liquid to the first phone in my life that I've actually been satisfied with.

To all others; keep up the good work with making the dev's keep going! :)

Byebye!

R.I.P old Liquid, and thanks Suxem for making me buy a new phone! (said with a twinkle in my eye, so no rage!)

*edit*

And yeah, after I recharged the phone some buttons started to work and they work from time to time. But the sensitivity has f***ed up big time, even though I have it set on 18 (as thepasto recommended in his post) I've to press (yes, PRESS) the god damn keys to make it notice my touches. So maybe something else happened, that the LNP app can't solve?

Edited by Splux