My LG Optimus One arrived today

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

this forum looks a bit bare.

Which is odd considering that there is a Clockwork Recovery available in rom Manager for the Optimus One. There is also a Gingerbread Kernel Source released yesterday, and Romania and Russia have official stock 2.3.3 roms available.

Will see what I can do at the weekend, and then I'll beg Paul for a kitchen :)

Guest Celtic67

Quidco offer? I'd done my research on the Apollo, decided to get one yesterday, then they'd changed the phone so had to do a quick check on the LG. It should arrive next week sometime. I'm looking at using it as backup for my Blade, so should be OK to tinker with it.

It's a bit quiet in here. There must be others who got the same deal.

Guest hecatae

yeah Quidco offer, it was either this or the X8, the Optimus one is physically same size as the blade, just lower resolution screen is the only major difference I can see.

Guest Celtic67

Mine's arrived this morning. After a brief debate with myself about whether to keep it or sell it, the box is open & the phone's on charge. The next question is what to do with it. Use this or the Blade as a stable phone & tinker with the other, give this to the missus, or keep both & tinker with both. I suspect tinkering will win the argument.

Add my new tablet in & my life is rapidly disappearing in a haze of Android smoke.

Guest Celtic67

If I can find a bit of time, I'll have a go at installing it & document it as I go. Ideally I'd like to backup the existing system first, so I can restore it to stock, if needed for warranty purposes. I don't know how soon I'll be able to do it, though.

If I can find a bit of time, I'll have a go at installing it & document it as I go. Ideally I'd like to backup the existing system first, so I can restore it to stock, if needed for warranty purposes. I don't know how soon I'll be able to do it, though.

Brave man lol, good luck! Hec would help us with any queries I'm sure! :)

Guest hecatae

stock roms can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=865479

or here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=944881

you can extract a DZ files using this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=453469

Edited by hecatae

Guest Celtic67

Fantastic, thanks. I've been researching how to backup the phone, including recovery, before installing Clockwork. That isn't needed using the above.

I did have a few minor issues, though, which I'll go over in case anyone is stuck.

1 - The list of P500 roms didn't work for me, I had to use the method where you enter the serial number, which can be found under the battery (maybe another way?).

2 - Mine's currently V10q, but the above method gave me V20g. I just changed the URL to V10q instead, though I did download the V20g as well.

3 - I then couldn't get DZDecryptor to handle the kdz file. A bit of checking the thread and I found that I needed LG Utils to extract a cab from the kdz. I don't know the legal status of that, so I won't link to it for now. The cab opened fine using WinRAR, so I was able to extract the dz file from that. DZDecryptor will extract that to the files you need.

Guest hecatae

I've uploaded V10D here. yeah noticed V20G is available too, if it is, that's official gingerbread from T-mobile UK

Edited by hecatae

Guest Celtic67
LG Optimus one Battery life

Pleased with the phone but not happy with 1500mAh battery which seems to discharge as you look at it, today found what seems to be a new product on Ebay,sure it wasn't listed earlier this week. 2430mAh alledgedly!

That's a serious-sounding battery. I've not even had a SIM card in mine yet, so don't know what it'll be like. My Blade on CM7 is giving me close to 3 days of moderate use and I was hoping this may use less power, with the lower res screen, though the rom will obviously have an effect

That's a serious-sounding battery. I've not even had a SIM card in mine yet, so don't know what it'll be like. My Blade on CM7 is giving me close to 3 days of moderate use and I was hoping this may use less power, with the lower res screen, though the rom will obviously have an effect

Wow. I needed my OSF charged up every night and I work 9-5 - not using it for business lol