Kernel sources are out and here's some overclockable CM7 kernels.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe

Links removed. Use this instead: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-ligh...-v9-2011-07-03/

Instructions

• Install AFTER having installed CM7. Use Clockwork recovery v4.0.0.2 or later.
  • Boots in 604.8MHz but can be overclocked to 844MHz from within Cyanogenmod Settings (or other overclocking utility)
  • Do NOT check to set a speed on boot time unless you have tested it a lot made sure it is stable.
  • The maximum stable speed varies from device to device. Only why to find out is to test.
  • Use regular AHB speeds until you found your stable maximum and then (if you want) try AHB overclocking for an extra 10-15% performance.

Btw, the kernel sources are here. I will put up a git repo when time allows.

http://support.zte.com.cn/support/news/New...?newsId=1000922

Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?m7gdazz86eegrxq (Thanks to NisseDILLIGAF)

EDIT: git repo: https://github.com/kalltkaffe/zte-kernel

Btw, I'm running 844MHz right now so I propably increase the maximum frequency even further later if more tabs than mine goes this high.

post-750537-1309454102_thumb.jpg post-750537-1309454109_thumb.jpg

Guest mariojjsimoes

Thank you, kallt_kaffe, this is great! I will try it for sure.

Also, on the subject of speed, is hardware acceleration enabled for these CM7 builds?

Since the V9 hardware is similar to the ZTE blade's hardware, and i think i read somewhere that hardware acceleration was disabled by default on stock roms for the blade but could be enabled....

Thank you once again!

Mario

Guest gibbyman

In case anyone's interested:

I've been running StabilityTest (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.into.stability&feature=search_result) on the tablet for a bit over one hour @825MHz without errors, so there's is at least a bit of potential in this baby if you're lucky enough to have a good processor. Didn't reach 844MHz though so Kallt_Kaffe beats me on that one, but I'm quite happy anyway...

37,5% overclock ain't bad!

Guest PainToad

My v9 locks up and eventually restarts with anything over 800, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for all your hard work.

Guest gibbyman
My v9 locks up and eventually restarts with anything over 800, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for all your hard work.

Not necessarily... it all depends on if you're lucky with having a processor that can take it.

Results will always vary with these things as no single processor is 100% like the next one.

- It's the same with computers actually...

For me it seems like it's been pretty stable at 825MHz until i re-flashed with the kernel that includes AHB-overclocking... with that one I had to take one step down to 806MHz which I tested for a bit over one hour without problems.

Now I'm thinking that I might have to take yet another step down as it seems that the stability I have stressing the processor or playing games (NFS Shift is a dream on this tablet) still doesn't work making downloads as I got a freeze downloading and installing a 11mb game.

Don't know if that's a coincidence (freeze during install), but I'm quite sure that I will need to make further testing before I decide on a frequency that feels comfortable for me...

In the end an overclock to 806MHz is a 34% raise which is quite a lot, and to be honest I'd be equally happy with anything that goes over 25% (748MHZ = 24,7%)

Edited by gibbyman

Guest Decado

So far I've had a play on my test tab.

I can get a stable 728 with the ahb o/c kernel. It gives about 25% across the board on the benchmarks. I've had it complete benchmarks @ around 800 but it is a bit twitchy to rely on above 748 so I took it back one step and left it there. Hey ... 25% for nothing ... I'll take it :)

I might try the non ahb o/c kernel on my personal one a bit later.

regards

Dec

Guest Sebastian404

YEAH! they finaly got the Kernel source out...tho they seem to of deleted it again, I got the first 2 files and then they are all 404'ing now...

I wonder if they have changed their minds.

Guest Tear of Pearls

sorry for the noob question: how do I install from the kernel, assuming that I have installed CM7 in the blade? Do I need to compile the kernel and then install it? I tried using Clockwork recovery 4.0.0.5, which says installation aborted if I tell it to install from the kernel. :(any help or link on how to do that?

Guest Tear of Pearls
sorry for the noob question: how do I install from the kernel, assuming that I have installed CM7 in the blade? Do I need to compile the kernel and then install it? I tried using Clockwork recovery 4.0.0.5, which says installation aborted if I tell it to install from the kernel. :(any help or link on how to do that?

Thanks for a prompt reply. Unfortunately, I dont have a linux distro installed in my laptop, so cant compile the kernel :blink: . Is there any chance that we will get a ready-made rom using this overclockable kernel source?

Thanks again...

EDIT: I believe the thread "http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-light-v9-lightv9-modaco-com/340064/rom-gingerbread-cm7-working-on-gen2-zte-light-v9-2011-07-08/ " contains the overclockable kernel source mentioned in this post. isnt it? So problem seems solved. Thanks a lot.

Edited by Tear of Pearls

• 9 months later...
Guest clutch3200

hi im new to android phones and want to overclock it.. i have a zte v9 light cm7 already installed but cant change max values at the performance, should i download the 11 files above and run it in recovery or should i install it 1 at a time like 1st zip first then 2nd...3rd.. etc.. soryy for the noob question really confused coz every time i install it thru recovery it says install aborted..

please help really want to OC my tab

ty in advance..

Edited by clutch3200