[ROM LEAK] - S300 .BIN LEAK

Guest LIQUID_USER

Guest Ma7moud

well i'm no expert but i don't think anyone should flash this now, at least give the developers some time with it first, but i doubt we can use this, we can't even get a complete port of the Liquid MT, and its closer to out hardware than the Iconia Smart

Guest Lens_flare

Even better to try to port Mt Gb, that one has an non-standart screen resolution.

One more time

LIQUID_USER, what are you doing here?

Guest Ma7moud

i managed to partially unpack the .bin file and i got the system.img and recovery.img and boot.img but i can't unpack the system.img with the unyaffs tool, i think it doesn't use yaffs, and i can see that the system.img is too big for liquid, its 280MB, i just wanted to take a look inside it but i can't :) i don't know enough to do that yet :rolleyes:

Guest AcerFerrari

This forum is only for Acer Liquid S100/A1, not for Iconia Smart S300......

I think wt you mean is to ask the dev to port this rom, right?

Guest cKen

+1

I think he's posting here because there are no section for the Iconia Smart and that Acer users might be interested :)

+1 we cant flash it but maybe devs might be able to get something out of it (:

Guest vache
i managed to partially unpack the .bin file and i got the system.img and recovery.img and boot.img but i can't unpack the system.img with the unyaffs tool, i think it doesn't use yaffs, and i can see that the system.img is too big for liquid, its 280MB, i just wanted to take a look inside it but i can't :) i don't know enough to do that yet :rolleyes:

You have to to hex edit the system.img to remove the first 17 or 18 octets.

After that, it should begin with "0300"

Edited by vache

Guest Ma7moud
You have to to hex edit the system.img to remove the first 17 or 18 octets.

After that, it should begin with "0300"

ok did that and now it doesn't give an error in the unyaffs tool but i don't get any output folders or files :)