U.K. Orange San Fran - will navigation work in the US without data connection?

Guest gobby88

Guest gobby88

Hi everyone,

I'm running 2.2 Swedish Spring RLS5 rom on a UK. San Francisco with a giffgaff sim. I'm planning on going to the US for a holiday, and will be hiring a car - my question to you guys is, will the basic Navigation app that comes with this rom, work in the States without having the need to connect to data (I don't want to use roaming data, for obv reasons!)?

Or do I need to purchase some additional software, or download some maps offline so that the Satnav will work?

Thanks in Advance!

Guest rockstarszzzz
Hi everyone,

I'm running 2.2 Swedish Spring RLS5 rom on a UK. San Francisco with a giffgaff sim. I'm planning on going to the US for a holiday, and will be hiring a car - my question to you guys is, will the basic Navigation app that comes with this rom, work in the States without having the need to connect to data (I don't want to use roaming data, for obv reasons!)?

Or do I need to purchase some additional software, or download some maps offline so that the Satnav will work?

Thanks in Advance!

Is this really ROM development and customization question!?

Guest k0zmic

No it won't.

Alternatively, you can get a version of Maps with offline mode. It's called BRUT Maps.

There's also apps such as CoPilot etc.