[ROM] [29-07] TripNMiUI "Iris" 1.8.3 Froyo! - HEADING FOR 2.0

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest cjsabaki

Menu change, ok, calls ok, sms ok, market ok, internet ok, themes ok,root explorer ok, zero issues....

Manually rebooted twice, ran fix permissions in xrec, all golden!! Coooool kickn butt!!

Fresh instal, started w stock se 2.1 nothing restored.....

Best regards,

Chris

Guest jpminou

Menu change, ok, calls ok, sms ok, market ok, internet ok, themes ok,root explorer ok, zero issues....

Manually rebooted twice, ran fix permissions in xrec, all golden!! Coooool kickn butt!!

Fresh instal, started w stock se 2.1 nothing restored.....

Best regards,

Chris

same here everything is good.

don't know why others are having problems?? maybe restore???? ;)

Guest cjsabaki

That would be my guess, diff frame work n ramdisk, I would say any restore would be risky!!

Many people talking smack about the screen hacks... all I can say is flash the rom and see for yourself...... I dare you!!! It is awesome!!

JP is right on the money!! Great rom Trip!!

Chris

Guest strix75

That would be my guess, diff frame work n ramdisk, I would say any restore would be risky!!

Many people talking smack about the screen hacks... all I can say is flash the rom and see for yourself...... I dare you!!! It is awesome!!

Chris

Screen quality is amazing, it´s so so nice.

Guest jpminou

Chris

By the way i am using BB61 the best signal reception in my location

Guest iggy2

same here everything is good.

don't know why others are having problems?? maybe restore???? ;)

Yeah most likely restore, only prob I have is same as before some apps don't download from market (free apps too), but always after restore, works fine before.

Guest cjsabaki

Bband 65 still has sms issue... 61 n 67 work great!! Just a heads up on 1.8.0... FYI....

P.s. This is as complete a rom as I have ever used... Very impressive..

Edited by cjsabaki

Guest scattaman

anyone know how to fix the stupid theme issue when trying to change themes? I keep getting this god ugly set of mismatched icons that I cant change... and no... I do not have any custom kernels flashed

Guest cjsabaki

Make sure theme is for froyo, ie... older themes, try the edit theme setting and see if icons will change there, reboot too.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-Iris using Tapatalk

Guest HarpinderM

Hi , Just switched from GB to Froyo MIUI , I used to use UNTZ Freekernel MOD for GB MIUI , now when I try using the Froyo kernal , Themes don't work ... and when I have a theme on before installing the kernel boom everything FC's right when I reboot , Anyone know a working solution for this rom to uncap the FPS ?

Guest glim9981

Maybe next release supporting custom kernels / have one integrated.

This is great...i miss your TripNkernel...with version 1.0.3....;);)

Thanks again...for this wonder Froyo MIUI...

Guest ROMan0

I'M GOING CRAZY!!!! :wacko:

I never had problems with updating this genious ROM until 1.8. As usual I made a factory reset and wiped caches in xRec. After this, flashed zip and rebooted the X10. Everything was normal. After reinstalling some apps through MyBackup root and restarting the phone manually, android system did not react anymore and a corresponding message appeared. I had to restore 1.7.3 from xRec.

To make it shorter, it still happend right before after starting over with a completely empty SD and from stock ROM. It happened right after rebooting phone into xRec from the app "Xperia Reboot Options" and after making a xRec backup.

Might this app be the problem?

I'm on bb67 with bb65 kernel.

HELP!!!

Guest jpminou
I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!

I never had problems with updating this genious ROM until 1.8. As usual I made a factory reset and wiped caches in xRec. After this, flashed zip and rebooted the X10. Everything was normal. After reinstalling some apps through MyBackup root and restarting the phone manually, android system did not react anymore and a corresponding message appeared. I had to restore 1.7.3 from xRec.

To make it shorter, it still happend right before after starting over with a completely empty SD and from stock ROM. It happened right after rebooting phone into xRec from the app "Xperia Reboot Options" and after making a xRec backup.

Might this app be the problem?

I'm on bb67 with bb65 kernel.

HELP!!!

Do not restore any data,use only fresh installation,cause 1.8 have gb ramdisk not froyo so there will be conflict.

Edited by jpminou

Guest ROMan0

Do not restore any data,use only fresh installation,cause 1.8 have gb ramdisk not froyo so there will be conflict.

Thanks alot :) Will try it again without any data restored. But the APK's I still can use from the backup, isn't it? Doesn't need to download again from market?

Does the "Xperia Reboot Options"-App has something special whitch also does not work with this ROM? I read that Data2SD is not suported.

Guest jpminou

Thanks alot Will try it again without any data restored. But the APK's I still can use from the backup, isn't it? Doesn't need to download again from market?

Does the "Xperia Reboot Options"-App has something special whitch also does not work with this ROM? I read that Data2SD is not suported.

Yes u can use the apk file for applications.

For what u need the xperia reboot?

Guest ROMan0

Yes u can use the apk file for applications.

For what u need the xperia reboot?

caus i'm too lazy to hit the back button while reboot :lol:

And besides, the back button becomes not overused. ;)

Guest jpminou

caus i'm too lazy to hit the back button while reboot

And besides, the back button becomes not overused.

I never use it so it's on ur risk for stability.

For data2sd unmount ur sd card before installing app that goes directly to ur sd

Guest Andre1210

Hi,

I'm using 1.7 (BB67 and stock kernel) since several weeks. Today I changed to 1.8.

Everything works fine, but in several apps it is not as fast as 1.7.

I have a mp4 video file (res 1280*720). With 1.7 the playback is smooth, but with 1.8

it is very laggy.

Andre