Gingerbread GPS fix (using ZTE libs updated)

Guest unrandomsam

Guest unrandomsam

Rebuilt using the patch attached (same one that was refused for CM7 originally by KK)

using the latest 2.2.2 (unicom b15) libs and CM7 source.

Works on wbaw / burstlam's roms (tested) should work on CM7 (untested).

Pretty hard annoying find the original post / patch if you want it.

gps_fix_new_signed.zip

gps_fix_patch.zip

Guest shmizan

so this (should) fix the GPS reboots right? this has nothing to do with quicker GPS signal and GPS functionality in general?

Guest GoNz0

confirmed on cm7 thanks, dunno why they have not included the fix in the buids ?

it does take longer to find me but not as along as a reboot :)

Edited by GoNz0

Guest mon3em
confirmed on cm7 thanks, dunno why they have not included the fix in the buids ?

it does take longer to find me but not as along as a reboot :)

well if they include the fixs they wont be able to keep the project up :rolleyes:

Audio fix not in

cam fix not in

gps fix not in

we gotta build our roms.

Guest mitchde

Do you mean the new wbam b9 or burstlam V2.5.1 ROMs (base:ZTE leaked rom new 2.3.4) ?

Edited by mitchde

Guest TheDOC1

The reason for not including the "fix" is: It's not available as source code. The current (cm7 blade) GPS libs are built from source, this fix is just binary libs from ZTE. If you are not happy with the GPS reboots, either fix it in the sources or use the provided .zip to use the ZTE libs.

Edited by TheDOC1

Guest Dan B TQZ
Rebuilt using the patch attached (same one that was refused for CM7 originally by KK)

Pretty hard annoying find the original post / patch if you want it.

Works perfectly on CM7 (7.1.0-RC1). Thanks a bunch. No reboots for three days now.

Guest wbaw

This fix breaks gps if you toggle it off, then on again on Ginger stir fry, it works fine using the gps.blade.so that kallt included in his gps fix.

Guest tox!c

yep, +1wbaw

after flashing this fix i cant re-enable gps

i've moved to gingerleak 2.3.4 and i've noticed that the fix time is a bit longer than froyo rls5

i logcated some setups (burstlam gingerleak gps libs, stir fry gps libs) vs the rls5 froyo and all seems good except the ntp server connection. I can't get the sntp client to work, no matter which servers i put into the gps config file

GINGERBREAD D/SntpClient( 285): request time failed: java.net.UnknownHostException: 3.es.pool.ntp.org

D/SntpClient( 285): request time failed: java.net.UnknownHostException: es.pool.ntp.org

D/SntpClient( 281): request time failed: java.net.UnknownHostException: es.pool.ntp.org

RLS5 (old logcat) = D/Provider( 237): NTP server returned: 1309046961058 (Sun Jun 26 02:09:21 GMT+02:00 2011) reference: 80137 certainty: 75 system time offset: 1290

D/GpsLocationProvider( 236): NTP server returned: 1309045675279 (Sun Jun 26 01:47:55 GMT+02:00 2011) reference: 1310935 certainty: 364 system time offset: -205

D/GpsLocationProvider( 237): NTP server returned: 1309047135185 (Sun Jun 26 02:12:15 GMT+02:00 2011) reference: 254013 certainty: 93 system time offset: 1541

PS. bustlam vanilla gps libs, gsf b12, and RLS5 (libloc.so, libcommondefs.so, libloc-rpc.so) have the same exact md5hash

gps.default.so and gps.blade.so (gsfb12 and workout vanilla ginger leak) also have the same md5hash (same files in all 3 roms?)

any1 know how to fix the ntp issue?

thanks in advance

Edited by tox!c

Guest tox!c

i think agps is not 100% implemented in gingerbread. (i mean agps, not network location)<br>Google maps:<br>D/libloc ( 285): Event RPC_LOC_EVENT_ASSISTANCE_DATA_REQUEST (client 0)

D/libloc ( 285): loc_event_cb: XTRA time download request... not supportedD/libloc ( 285): loc_event_cb: XTRA time download request... not supported D/SntpClient( 285): request time failed: java.net.UnknownHostException: 3.es.pool.ntp.org (always)

<br>The only way to get xtra.bin is manual downloading with GPS Status. However it gives errors<br><br>D/libloc ( 285): qct_loc_eng_inject_xtra_data, xtra size = 38490, data ptr = 0x2b4bd090

E/SharedBufferStack( 1139): Wait for lock condition failed!

D/libloc ( 285): loc_eng_ioctl called: client = 0, ioctl_type = RPC_LOC_IOCTL_INJECT_PREDICTED_ORBITS_DATA

D/libloc ( 285):

D/libloc ( 285): Event RPC_LOC_EVENT_IOCTL_REPORT (client 0)

E/loc_api_rpc_glue( 285): loc_api_sync_ioctl: IOCTL result failed, result: 6 (select id 0)

D/libloc ( 285): loc_eng_ioctl result: client = 0, ioctl_type = RPC_LOC_IOCTL_INJECT_PREDICTED_ORBITS_DATA, RPC_LOC_API_ENGINE_BUSY

<br><br>i cant even see any satelites while on froyo i could fix in seconds (indoors i mean)<br><br>&nbsp;FROYO (google maps) ---&gt; D/Provider( 237): NTP server returned: 1309046961058 (Sun Jun 26 02:09:21 GMT+02:00 2011) reference: 80137 certainty: 75 system time offset: 1290 D/GpsXtraDownloader( 237): Downloading XTRA data from http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin <br><br>

Edited by tox!c