Samsung Galaxy S deodexed/zipaligned XXJVQ files

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher

Samsung Galaxy S XXJVQ (Gingerbread v2.3.4) system/app and system/framework files deodexed and zipaligned.

This also includes an expanded power menu (see image below).

This is for people who want deodexed files but want to keep their stock look and feel.

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING IN THIS POST BEFORE INSTALLING.

Assumes you have rooted your phone.

post-557795-1309675204_thumb.png

*** Some menu item icons may be different thatn what is shown in the image - specifically

the Power off and Flight mode icons.

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU START IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG. VERY IMPORTANT!

1. Download the jvp-system.zip file Deodexed app/system files

2. unzip the jvp-system.zip file to a local drive (you should have a system folder containg: app & framework folders)

3. using adb, do the following:

a. adb push app /sdcard/app/

b. adb push framework /sdcard/framework/

c. adb shell

d. su

e. stop

f. mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

g. cp /sdcard/app/* /system/app/

h. cp /framework/* /system/framework/

i. rm /system/app/*.odex

j. rm /system/framework/*.odex

k. mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

l. reboot

After the reboot it could take 2-3 minutes for the phone to completely boot as it has to refresh the dalvik cache. Have some patience at this point.

Please provide feedback as I have done extensive testing with this and have had no problems.

Guest ScientyReal
Samsung Galaxy S XXJVQ (Gingerbread v2.3.4) system/app and system/framework files deodexed and zipaligned.

This also includes an expanded power menu (see image below).

This is for people who want deodexed files but want to keep their stock look and feel.

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING IN THIS POST BEFORE INSTALLING.

Assumes you have rooted your phone.

post-557795-1309675204_thumb.png

*** Some menu item icons may be different thatn what is shown in the image - specifically

the Power off and Flight mode icons.

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU START IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG. VERY IMPORTANT!

1. Download the jvp-system.zip file Deodexed app/system files

2. unzip the jvp-system.zip file to a local drive (you should have a system folder containg: app & framework folders)

3. using adb, do the following:

a. adb push app /sdcard/app/

b. adb push framework /sdcard/framework/

c. adb shell

d. su

e. stop

f. mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

g. cp /sdcard/app/* /system/app/

h. cp /framework/* /system/framework/

i. rm /system/app/*.odex

j. rm /system/framework/*.odex

k. mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

l. reboot

After the reboot it could take 2-3 minutes for the phone to completely boot as it has to refresh the dalvik cache. Have some patience at this point.

Please provide feedback as I have done extensive testing with this and have had no problems.

Hi, since I don't know how to use adb, I did it via CWM. It works :) . Thanks :rolleyes: . Long story short. After a few hours of noobish testing and bricking, I had to use one of your older works as the template for CWMLink. But when I updated, it said the "Amend" script need to be converted to "Edify" which I did using amend2edify_v1.0.1.2 .

Btw is it ok to keep some files as original (with .odex files) and the rest de-odexed, as I found that stock files provide a much smoother UI than de-odexed files. Thanks again.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi, since I don't know how to use adb, I did it via CWM. It works :) . Thanks :rolleyes: . Long story short. After a few hours of noobish testing and bricking, I had to use one of your older works as the template for CWMLink. But when I updated, it said the "Amend" script need to be converted to "Edify" which I did using amend2edify_v1.0.1.2 .

Btw is it ok to keep some files as original (with .odex files) and the rest de-odexed, as I found that stock files provide a much smoother UI than de-odexed files. Thanks again.

Normally, one would have /system/app and /system/framework completely deodexed or leave stock.

I see no reason why you cannot combine deodex apps with non-deodexed apps.

The main reason for deodexing is that it makes it easier to modify files when creating themes or modding some of the code imbedded within the apps.

Guest ScientyReal
Normally, one would have /system/app and /system/framework completely deodexed or leave stock.

I see no reason why you cannot combine deodex apps with non-deodexed apps.

The main reason for deodexing is that it makes it easier to modify files when creating themes or modding some of the code imbedded within the apps.

Thanks for replying. Btw are you there in xda forum or damiangto's forum. This thread deserves more attention.

I registered only to download this :) .

Guest Gary Crutcher
Thanks for replying. Btw are you there in xda forum or damiangto's forum. This thread deserves more attention.

I registered only to download this :) .

I do a lot at the XDA forum, but do not post anything except minor comments, thank yous, etc.

as some of the members are not very nice.

Guest ScientyReal
I do a lot at the XDA forum, but do not post anything except minor comments, thank yous, etc.

as some of the members are not very nice.

I think you might like Damiangto's forum (he was banned from xda so he started his own website).

He is a kernel developer. You might check out his website. It is a private website so you need to register to view main threads

( Its free ). Here is the link.

Btw I am a noob theme dev. This is my first theme, Honey Real Theme :) .

Guest Gary Crutcher
I think you might like Damiangto's forum (he was banned from xda so he started his own website).

He is a kernel developer. You might check out his website. It is a private website so you need to register to view main threads

( Its free ). Here is the link.

Btw I am a noob theme dev. This is my first theme, Honey Real Theme :blink: .

Thanks. Already a member, but only occasionally go there.

I belong to many forums and do not have much time to go to them all everyday.

Guest ScientyReal
Thanks. Already a member, but only occasionally go there.

I belong to many forums and do not have much time to go to them all everyday.

Thats great. I am planning to make a themed, Re-odexed rom or atleast a semi-rom. Do you know any windows application for re-odexing.

Suggestions about the rom are welcome :blink: .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ScientyReal

Hi, the theme I mentioned id almost ready :D but I can't enable overscroll glow and CRT animation. When I tried to fix these with files from other themes they are causing boot loops.

I need your help :). Thanks.

Edited by ScientyReal