Skype Video Call

Guest zigzagindex

Guest zigzagindex

I note that this forum for dell streak has been pretty quiet recently, perhaps everybody is happy with the gadget now, which is good.

But I have a question here, as you know skype has recently updated the app to offer video calls for some specified devices and some smart guys have 'cracked' it to make it work for other devices. Has anybody here tried it in his streak and how is the outcome? Please share your experience.

Thanks.

Edited by zigzagindex

Guest vanemburghj
I note that this forum for dell streak has been pretty quiet recently, perhaps everybody is happy with the gadget now, which is good.

But I have a question here, as you know skype has recently updated the app to offer video calls for some specified devices and some smart guys have 'cracked' it to make it work for other devices. Has anybody here tried it in his streak and how is the outcome? Please share your experience.

Thanks.

Why when you can Fring?

Guest Azurren
Why when you can Fring?

Because Fring doesn't have a PC client :)

I mean seriously.. Wtf? (Yahoo messenger is probably your best bet for now)

Guest synaptic.flaws
Why when you can Fring?

Fring is regurgitated fecal matter? Over a good connection it cant match msn from 5 years ago, skype is cross platform!

Maybe i just dont want to use fring?

To say why when you can fring is like saying why not get an iPhone!

Not contributing to the topic at all

Guest vanemburghj
Fring is regurgitated fecal matter? Over a good connection it cant match msn from 5 years ago, skype is cross platform!

Maybe i just dont want to use fring?

To say why when you can fring is like saying why not get an iPhone!

Not contributing to the topic at all

Platform issues are yours, we speak to our 5 children and 5 grandchildren on multiple different makes and models with ZERO issues, actually skype is the older regurigitated fecal matter, which I use once and still have the stink on my hands to this day. Last time I checked it works on apple, Android and nokia (ovi). Plus from your tone, seems like new fangle things confuse you, so stay with skype that isn't working for you and I will just keep Fring that is working for me. Plus if you really need it to be on your PC, just use Yahoo chat like we did in the late 90's.......

Guest synaptic.flaws
Platform issues are yours, we speak to our 5 children and 5 grandchildren on multiple different makes and models with ZERO issues, actually skype is the older regurigitated fecal matter, which I use once and still have the stink on my hands to this day. Last time I checked it works on apple, Android and nokia (ovi). Plus from your tone, seems like new fangle things confuse you, so stay with skype that isn't working for you and I will just keep Fring that is working for me. Plus if you really need it to be on your PC, just use Yahoo chat like we did in the late 90's.......

If 3 fps entertains you by all means enjoy!

My tone? You interjected a different app into a specific question about an app, that is spamvertising!

Take your two pence and jog on

Guest jmhalder

more people use skype, and it would be nice to video chat from phone to PC... regardless of which one is better.

Has anyone tested it on GingerStreak? I don't know how well the FFC API's are integrated in that kernel/build... it might work just fine.

Guest El_Diablo666

Thanks.

You might want to take a look here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1148708

Updated APK's for Froyo and Gingerbread

Tested on Gingerbread Galaxy S, Works Great.

Guest Azurren
You might want to take a look here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1148708

Updated APK's for Froyo and Gingerbread

Tested on Gingerbread Galaxy S, Works Great.

Cheers!

The 3rd attachment on this thread works http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1153285

As will the 2nd, depends whether you want skype to auto-run or not

Guest Azurren
[

quote name='Azurren' date='Jul 6 2011, 11:39' post='1752695']

Cheers!

The 3rd attachment on this thread works http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1153285

As will the 2nd, depends whether you want skype to auto-run or not

With the front cam?

Having trouble testing the cameras.. The back camera is used as default but there is an option to switch to the other cam. Cant skype anyone to test though :)

I just mean the app signs in and works, so I assume the cameras work too

Guest synaptic.flaws
Having trouble testing the cameras.. The back camera is used as default but there is an option to switch to the other cam. Cant skype anyone to test though :)

I just mean the app signs in and works, so I assume the cameras work too

installs and logs in, incoming video as expected, outgoing is rear cam only unless I am doing something horribly wrong this is on DJ_Steve's StreakDroid 1.9

ffc works fine in camera app

Guest nystreak
installs and logs in, incoming video as expected, outgoing is rear cam only unless I am doing something horribly wrong this is on DJ_Steve's StreakDroid 1.9

ffc works fine in camera app

i got the same result

Guest stylezjazz

anybody with streakdroid 1.9...got the skype video call with front camera work? really need them...im going for a overseas study and need to reconnect with my parents on the go...this feature would be a great help....

Guest Azurren
anybody with streakdroid 1.9...got the skype video call with front camera work? really need them...im going for a overseas study and need to reconnect with my parents on the go...this feature would be a great help....

Contact the developer on XDA.. Chances are he could create a simple fix for the apk :blink:

Guest Azurren

What about the stock 2.2 ROM? Is this working any version with frontcam?

I don't see how it would make a difference. As far as I know the cameras haven't been messed with in any custom roms

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...