[Totally lost] How to flash and everything... =/

Guest Deya_87

Guest Deya_87

what do you mean straight to the blade? Should I paste the zip file directly to the blade? or unzip it 1st?

now im confused...

Guest sm4tik
what do you mean straight to the blade? Should I paste the zip file directly to the blade? or unzip it 1st?

now im confused...

Oh, sorry for the confusion. I meant the zip file, are you downloading it with your blade or first to computer? Just wondering if you were downloading the file with your phone, there might be connection issues.

Anyway, download the file (preferrably to you computer first) and let us know how it goes :)

edit: And yes, you should unzip the file to the root of your sdcard (it creates a folder called image), but first make sure the zip file has correct md5sum :rolleyes:

Edited by sm4tik

Guest Deya_87

ok. I'm downloading it on my computer and with the USB cable I mount the file on my phone. Once the download is done, should I unzip it on the computer?

Guest sm4tik
ok. I'm downloading it on my computer and with the USB cable I mount the file on my phone. Once the download is done, should I unzip it on the computer?

You can unzip it with your computer and then copy the "image" folder to your sdcard, or you can first copy the zip to your sdcard and then unzip it. It doesn't matter.

Guest Deya_87

Done! I unzipped it and there is a folder called Image. Inside there are many files+zipped folders. I'm going to check the nandroid.md5 file with AFV on my phone. Is that correct?

Guest rockstarszzzz
Done! I unzipped it and there is a folder called Image. Inside there are many files+zipped folders. I'm going to check the nandroid.md5 file with AFV on my phone. Is that correct?

Check TPTs md5!

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest sm4tik

Yeah, just follow the instuctions in the other thread and you're done. Was the zip file now ok?

Guest Deya_87

I took a screenshot of the unzipped file. the only md5 file is the nandroid one.

post-908203-1309903937_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deya_87

Guest rockstarszzzz

Did you check the unzipped TPT's md5 sum on your phone?

Whatever you downloaded - put that zip folder on your SD card, without unzipping.

Then check md5.

I don't know what file explorer you are using but long press on the .zip folder and you will get either properties or details - click on it. In a sec or two there will md5 sum generated as pop up. Check that. Forget nandroid etc for now.

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest sm4tik
Did you check the unzipped TPT's md5 sum on your phone?

Whatever you downloaded - put that zip folder on your SD card, without unzipping.

Then check md5.

I don't know what file explorer you are using but long press on the .zip folder and you will get either properties or details - click on it. In a sec or two there will md5 sum generated as pop up. Check that. Forget nandroid etc for now.

You take over rockstarszzzz, I'm off to bed :rolleyes:

BTW: I don't think it would unzip if the file was corrupt :)

Edited by sm4tik

Guest rockstarszzzz
You take over rockstarszzzz, I'm off to bed :)

haha, it's 23:16 here and haven't had my dinner yet :rolleyes: Just reached home so I think I will have an all nighter :rolleyes:

edit: agree on that but there is something wrong if he gets it wrong after 10 downloads

Edited by rockstarszzzz

Guest rockstarszzzz
lol i'm a girl

omg I think it's the right number this time, it starts with 60a541641bf... :rolleyes:

phewww :rolleyes:

which is it?

nandroid one or tpt one? :)

Guest sm4tik
lol i'm a girl

omg I think it's the right number this time, it starts with 60a541641bf... :)

Still here so.. I know it must be frustrating, but this is how we've all learned.

@rockstarszzzz: It's the TPT

Guest rockstarszzzz

no you will only get 'image' folder if you unzip. so unzip it. then copy and paste the image folder in root of sd card

Guest rockstarszzzz
ok and then? after switching off

Leave it switched off for few seconds - 15-20 sec...

Then press Menu while holding it pressed, press volume + button and then while you are holding both these, press power button and hold combination of all 3 for 1-2 seconds..

you may or may not see few lines in green writing up..you can then leave all 3 buttons.. and let it do it's thing..

In either case - your phone should reboot.

The sign that you have successfully done it is: A big green android man on your screen...

Edited by rockstarszzzz