[MOD] Ginger Stir Fry Translation Mod

Guest KingsizeX

Guest KingsizeX

This Started with Portuguese Camera (pt-PT and pt-BR) Translation Mod V1 for Ginger Stir Fry but I will start a Multi Language/Multi App Translation Mod as this might work for any future Rom based on the Ginger Leaked one.

Some user requested a Portuguese translation correction on the Camera App some posts before and I decided to release my patch as I've done it on my phone.

This ZTE Beta Leak really as some problems with Portuguese Localization and I believe in some other languages too.

ib4WY4.png

HELP NEEDED: If anyone wants to help with translations just ask me on PM and I'll send you decrypted files (XML) so you can translate/correct and send me back to be included in next release.

How to Report a Bug/Correction Fix: PM Me!

How to Suggest an Idea: Leave a Reply on this Thread.

Edited by KingsizeX

Guest KingsizeX

How to Install:

• Just Flash Zip in Recovery as any other Mod

Problems?
    • Just put back the original App file using ADB or Root Explorer.
    • In the worst case scenario flash the Rom again "without wiping!" to keep settings and restore original Apps.

RELEASES
      • Ginger Stir Fry Translation Mod - V1
      • Ginger Stir Fry Translation Mod - V1 (Mirror 1)

• Camera/Camcorder

CHANGE LOG

V1

[*]Corrected pt-PT Camera App Name

[*]Corrected pt-PT Camcorder App Name

[*]Corrected pt-PT and pt-BR directories for future updates

[*]"values-pt" is default PT and "Portugal Portuguese (pt-PT)"

[*]"values-pt-rBR" is for "Brazilian Portuguese (pt-BR)"

V2 (TO-DO)

[*]Correct some translation mistakes for pt-PT

[*]Correct some translation mistakes for pt-BR (I might need a Brazilian friend to do this properly... any help? PM me!)

[*]Start a Multi Language Fix Release for Any App/Language

Edited by KingsizeX

Guest Tripov

I don't have too much time but I can help with a few translations for pt-PT (I've already made/corrected some translations in the the FLB rom).

One tip I can give is to decompile the apks from CM7 (or maybe from another ROM, even if not for the Blade, as long as the standard apps where not heavily changed) to get the proper strings as it has much more languages than this leak. So, all the stuff in the core android apks are already translated and we can add missing languages and/or correct existing ones just by copying the dirs (not 100% straightforward, but you got the picture...). Of course, even existing translations sometimes have bad translations (e.g in the Gingerbread keyboard settings for portuguese you can see "Vibrar ao primir teclas" where it should be "Vibrar ao premir as teclas").

Guest KingsizeX
I don't have too much time but I can help with a few translations for pt-PT (I've already made/corrected some translations in the the FLB rom).

One tip I can give is to decompile the apks from CM7 (or maybe from another ROM, even if not for the Blade, as long as the standard apps where not heavily changed) to get the proper strings as it has much more languages than this leak. So, all the stuff in the core android apks are already translated and we can add missing languages and/or correct existing ones just by copying the dirs (not 100% straightforward, but you got the picture...). Of course, even existing translations sometimes have bad translations (e.g in the Gingerbread keyboard settings for portuguese you can see "Vibrar ao primir teclas" where it should be "Vibrar ao premir as teclas").

Ya I based some corrections on Sapo's oficial 2.2 Rom but it's a good ideia to use Cyanogen. About adding new Languages I'm not on that for now cause I don't know how to had new Locales. Even if I did we had to translate ALL the apps :) to include the new Language.

If there is really a big demand for a new specific Language we'll think about it :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tips!

Edited by KingsizeX

Guest KonstaT
About adding new Languages I'm not on that for now cause I don't know how to had new Locales.

I have that same problem with my triple two project ROM. There are only two locales that are selectable, english and chinese. There is also lots of other language support but you can't choose those from settings. You can use more locales app from market or edit build.prop. Then you can use it with other languages aswell. I would really appreciate if someone knows how to enable all the supported languages?

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Shinigamito

I don't understand how to install it, do i need to wipe all the data like flashing a new ROM? Does it support Bulgarian too?

Edited by Shinigamito

Guest k0zmic
I don't understand how to install it, do i need to wipe all the data like flashing a new ROM? Does it support Bulgarian too?

No wipe, just flash it like a ROM.

No, it's Portugese and Brazillian translations from what I can see.

Edited by k0zmic