got stuck in ClockWorkMod recovery and can't load OS

Guest polepe

Guest polepe

Hi everyone,

I wanted to update my ZTE blade to cyanogenmod 7. But the app didn't work. So I wanted to update my gen1 to gen2. So I launched clockWorkMod recovery to do so. But I got stuck in there. I can't get out of there. I can only turn of and on the cell phone. Android logo is all over the screen. Any ideas how to load the OS ? And I am not sure if I've updated to gen2. I did update from the SD card to gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip successfully.

Please help me. I kinda messed up.

Guest Pondlife

Erm you don't use clockwork to change to gen2 as a starter. You could try to put swedish spring on as that works in either gen, but if you only used clockworkmod you've not changed it to gen2

Guest polepe
Erm you don't use clockwork to change to gen2 as a starter. You could try to put swedish spring on as that works in either gen, but if you only used clockworkmod you've not changed it to gen2

ok. Thanks for this info. Now the only thing I want is to get of the clockWorkMod recovery to Android OS. Any idea how ?

Guest hugobosslives

sounds like your gen1 with aa gen2 recovery (which is why it ain't booting properly)

easy way to get going is to flash one of those gen2 tpts. it will flash a new recovery new rom and turn your phone into gen2.

try the ginger stir fry rom.....

Guest polepe
Put a ROM e.g. Swedish Spring on the SD Card

Data/Factory Reset

Install .zip from SD Card

thank you. worked fine. I appreciate your help!

Guest polepe
sounds like your gen1 with aa gen2 recovery (which is why it ain't booting properly)

easy way to get going is to flash one of those gen2 tpts. it will flash a new recovery new rom and turn your phone into gen2.

try the ginger stir fry rom.....

Yes I did that. And now it's gen2. :) thanks

and I would like to install android 2.3 - cyanogenmod 7 should be stable and performance should be better. Any experience with that ?

Guest k0zmic
Yes I did that. And now it's gen2. :) thanks

and I would like to install android 2.3 - cyanogenmod 7 should be stable and performance should be better. Any experience with that ?

Yeah, it's worth a try. IMO Stir Fry is a bit more stable.

Backup your current ROM in recovery.

Data/Factory Reset

Flash as you did with SS.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest polepe
Yeah, it's worth a try. IMO Stir Fry is a bit more stable.

Backup your current ROM in recovery.

Data/Factory Reset

Flash as you did with SS.

can u post a link with that IMO Stir Fry please? Thank u