Simple ZTE BLADE/ Orange Sanfransisco custom ROM installation (2.3.3 gingerbread) GEN 1

Guest josh bartsch

Guest josh bartsch

OK, this may not look flashy or anything but it is simple baby steps to show you what to do bit by bit, exactly the way i did it. my ROM was successfuly installed doing exactly what has been said here so please please please follow precisely. now, im going to tell you how to do this the easy way without the mucking around and such.. this will take 15 mins max to do

Requirements :

1. MUST have rooted phone (if you dont know what this means stop now and do your research)

2. MUST have Gen1 phone.. this can be done by downloading the app mr pigfish from he android market wich will tell you Gen1 or Gen2.

Stage One

1. download this clockwork image (direct download link) http://android.podtwo.com/recovery/recover...date_signed.zip

2. download cyanogen MOD 7 (must be 7.0.0 wich is for Gen1 phones, if its any of the others it wont work, also i would recomend the stable builds.) here is a direct download link... http://download.cyanogenmod.com/get/

3.download RecoveryManager.apk (direct download link) http://download1338.mediafire.com/s6vg8cfz...ager_v0.36b.zip

4. download universal androot (direct download link) http://bit.ly/9wAKC5

Stage Two

rooting

1. install universal androot (making sure you have install non market apps ticked)

2. start up app and click root device

Stage Three

installing clockwork

1. install RecoveryManager (again making sure you have install non market apps ticked)

2. open app and click on the last tab which is recovery

3.click install recovery and then select the zip file named recovery-RA-blade-gen1-v2.3-CM-update_signed.zip

this will install your recovery

NOW BEFORE YOU START HER, DONT PANIC IF IT TAKES A LONG TIME IT MAY TAKE A WHILE BUT WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING THATS NOT IN THE INSTRUCTIONS OR TURN OF YOUR PHONE AT ANY POINT. ALSO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF BATTERY.. ABOVE 70% TO BE SAFE!!

Stage Four

1. turn off your device and wait a few seconds

2. turn your device back on holding down the down button (the volume down button)

3. a weird screen should come up with small writing blue in colour. dont panic this is supposed to happen.

4. using your volume buttons scroll down to "Wipe", scroll to "Wipe ALL data/factory reset" click the home button, it will then prompt you with a message saying something like click home to continue or any other button to abort, at this point click home again then it will do its thing.

5. you will now be back to the wipe menu, repeat the last step for "Wipe CACHE" and "Wipe DALVIC-CACHE"

6. once it has done its thing and taken you back to the wipe menu click the back button to get to the main menu.

7. now scroll down to "Flash zip from sdcard" press the home button and then again scroll to "Choose zip from sdcard" and find the file named "update-cm-7.0.0-Blade-signed.zip" you will know where you put it in your sd card so just scroll using the volume keys and use the home button to select.

8. it will no prompt you with a message saying press the home key to continue or any other key to abort, press the home key to continue.

9. STEP NINE IS VERY IMPORTANT!! THIS WILL TAKE UPTO 10 MINUTES! DONT! I REPEAT DONT TOUCH ANYTHING TO STOP THIS PROCESS IN ANY WAY DONT REMOVE THE BATTERY OR PRESS ANYTHING!!!!

10. once the green android goes away it will turn to what looks like a blue android on a skateboard with a circular arrow around it, this is the final stage leave it to load, it will take some time as it is the first boot, but after that you will now have android 2.3.3 with the wonders of cyanogen :rolleyes:

Final Stage

this version of cyanogen does not have gapps (google apps) so here is a direct download link http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/...115-signed.zip

now you install this the same way you installed cyanogen MOD 7 but this time missing out steps 4,5 and 6

now you will have the android market and other google apps which is missing on the ROM but it can be cured by doing the above :)

i cannot be held reasonable for anything that may happen to your phone during this process. if you have followed the instructions properly then you will not have a problem.

Guest ShahinTehShiz
Requirements :

1. MUST have rooted phone (if you dont know what this means stop now and do your research)

2. MUST have Gen1 phone.. this can be done by downloading the app mr pigfish from he android market wich will tell you Gen1 or Gen2.

Stage Two

rooting

1. install universal androot (making sure you have install non market apps ticked)

2. start up app and click root device

It's gonna turn people away thinking they don't have a rooted phone, but then you provide instructions on how to root it.

Would be helpful if you changed the wording, but otherwise, good guide.

Guest josh bartsch
It's gonna turn people away thinking they don't have a rooted phone, but then you provide instructions on how to root it.

Would be helpful if you changed the wording, but otherwise, good guide.

thanks for the advice, first post and im only 15 so i think if i can do it anyone can :)

Sure you can, but why? Where is the point to install a four month old 'stable' (this is just a label, you know?) version of CyanogenMod which is buggy as hell? Do yourself a favour, do the TPT, convert to Gen2, install at least 7.1.0-RC1 with Gingerbread GPS fix, libaudio.so and libcamera.so from issue tracker and bingo, rock solid and rock stable ROM. Or, if you don't want to convert, use at least RC1 or even N122 plus fixes with grain's universal converter.

Besides between 3) and 4) of stage four a NANDroid backup of the existing system is highly recommended.

Edited by bhf

Guest josh bartsch
Sure you can, but why? Where is the point to install a four month old 'stable' (this is just a label, you know?) version of CyanogenMod which is buggy as hell? Do yourself a favour, do the TPT, convert to Gen2, install at least 7.1.0-RC1 with Gingerbread GPS fix, libaudio.so and libcamera.so from issue tracker and bingo, rock solid and rock stable ROM. Or, if you don't want to convert, use at least RC1 or even N122 plus fixes with grain's universal converter.

Besides between 3) and 4) of stage four a NANDroid backup of the existing system is highly recommended.

if there was easy instructions to follow to upgrade to Gen2 then i would do it but for now i'll have to settle for 7.0.0

Guest josh bartsch
if there was easy instructions to follow to upgrade to Gen2 then i would do it but for now i'll have to settle for 7.0.0

ive found a version that should work

Guest wbaw

It doesn't get much easier than this: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...n2-tpt-upgrade/

Don't even need to root first, just download & unzip a file to your sd card, then power on with menu & vol+ held. It installs clockwork & everything, you get gen2, fastboot mode enabled, more room on internal storage for your data, there are even versions with a custom rom included.

Edited by wbaw

Guest josh bartsch
It doesn't get much easier than this: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...n2-tpt-upgrade/

Don't even need to root first, just download & unzip a file to your sd card, then power on with menu & vol+ held. It installs clockwork & everything, you get gen2, fastboot mode enabled, more room on internal storage for your data, there are even versions with a custom rom included.

just done it now i can get cyanogen 7.0.3 :)

Guest wbaw
just done it now i can get cyanogen 7.0.3 :)

You don't want 7.0.3, it's buggy, get 7.1 RC1 instead, that is more recent & has a lot of the bugs fixed.

Edited by wbaw