USB Host mode.

Guest Ferrum Master

Guest Ferrum Master

Does any kernel provide USB host mode?, and the needed *.ko files for HID and joysticks? Any plans for adding it? :)

Guest tron1

Does any kernel provide USB host mode?, and the needed *.ko files for HID and joysticks? Any plans for adding it? :)

+1 --- also interested in

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Stevvie

Has anyone looked at this app? http://www.zdnet.com...id-device/14119

I'm itching to try this, but I guess it requires USB host mode. Has anyone tried it with the GR2? I'm also guessing that as this actually has a froyo kernel, it's probably not going to work?

Charlie

Gonna give it a go now on GR.

Just ordered a micro to mini usb cable BUT I am UNWILLING to pay $5.214 for a BETA product.So in the immortal words of Duncan Bannatyne I'm OUT

Edited by Stevvie

Guest cosmicvibes

Ah shame. I think I'll order a cable, flash to GR and give it a go. The app is only $5 whilst it's in beta, then they'll hike the price up. I know I'll use this if I can get it to work so may as well shell out for it now, I've no doubt this can be made to work eventually.

Which cable did you order exactly? I'm sure I read that you need a special "On-The-Go" cable - or is this just marketing speak?

Gonna give it a go now on GR.

Just ordered a micro to mini usb cable BUT I am UNWILLING to pay $5.214 for a BETA product.So in the immortal words of Duncan Bannatyne I'm OUT

Guest Rusty!

Nothing special about them at all. Just make sure you get one that fits, as 'proper' OTG phones often have a different plug. It's like micro USB, but the corners aren't flat:

otgandmicro.jpg

Don't expect OTG to work on the O2X though.

Guest Stevvie

I just ordered a selection of usb to usb adapters in micro usb/ mini usb /male to male/ female to female/ and a reverser. So I should have all I need to connect the micro usb O2X to the canon Mini Usb.

Guest Ferrum Master

Rusty,

I am just toying around with SGS2 now... it doesn't have OTG connector also...

Still can not find any proper info, how in hell did they manage to run host mode un GB... the damn USB keyboard works with my slightly modded CA-157 cable from N8.

Is our O2X phone capable of powering usb devices? I have a good experience with N900 and how slowly they enabled host mode support.

BTW. How the USB accesory mode works? I've tried several USB devices without any success, I've tried to power them but no luck... (Nor vorkkernel, nor Neoblaze worked for me). It seems none of our custom roms have any of USB libs and services needed for device detection... :(

Edited by Ferrum Master

Guest Rusty!

USB Accessory isn't the same as USB OTG, I made that mistake once (hence owning the USB OTG cable above). The phone is capable (on paper at least), but it needs to be enabled in the kernel.

Guest Ferrum Master

USB Accessory isn't the same as USB OTG, I made that mistake once (hence owning the USB OTG cable above). The phone is capable (on paper at least), but it needs to be enabled in the kernel.

We both know that SGS2 is host mode capable. I am just saying that it doesn't have the rectangular uUSB connector as you showed as a 100% proof sign for OTG capable phone.

I was just wondering. Benee and Imperticus(not anymore) kernels have accessory support in their kernels, but had no idea how to use this feature. There are missing parts in the ROM also I suppose.