Panic! Power adaptor not charging

Guest lynnd

My adaptor has stopped charging. I have plugged the cable into the pc and the pc can see the transformer, but does not charge. The dock has 90% charge and is charging the tab when docked. So it looks like it’s the power adaptor that not working. All my other USB converter plugs don’t charge it. Any idea’s on other USB adaptors that will work and has anyone else has this problem? It’s interesting that previously I have not allowed the tab to discharge below 50%, it did yesterday, is there any relationship?

Had the transformer 3 months and can’t imagine how I lived without it. I will feel like my arms cut off it I can’t recharge it! Asus really need to get spare cables and adaptor in the UK market.

It’s charging Working again now. On reflection its hasn’t charged a few times over the last week and I presumed I had not plugged it in correctly, anyone else having similar problems?

Edited by lynnd

Guest ikirt
My adaptor has stopped charging. I have plugged the cable into the pc and the pc can see the transformer, but does not charge. The dock has 90% charge and is charging the tab when docked. So it looks like it’s the power adaptor that not working. All my other USB converter plugs don’t charge it. Any idea’s on other USB adaptors that will work and has anyone else has this problem? It’s interesting that previously I have not allowed the tab to discharge below 50%, it did yesterday, is there any relationship?

Had the transformer 3 months and can’t imagine how I lived without it. I will feel like my arms cut off it I can’t recharge it! Asus really need to get spare cables and adaptor in the UK market.

It’s charging Working again now. On reflection its hasn’t charged a few times over the last week and I presumed I had not plugged it in correctly, anyone else having similar problems?

Check the wall wart, trying sliding the plug off and putting it back together, could be a bad connection.

Guest Involver

According to the manual you can charge off the USB port on your PC, but you need to turn the device off completely... Hope this works for you!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest straxusii

I tend to only charge mine using PC.

I have it plugged in most of the day when I'm not using it and my wifi policy is turn off with screen off, it takes ages to charge but I rarely have to use the actual charger.

Guest g6hoq

Same here, down to 7% and falling...

have generated a returns number with ebuyer....

powered off... powered on - on long enough to do a factory reset... left charger connected and sulked off for several hours

came back and its charged, whats more it detected a asus update...

so now have re-installed my apps and seeing how it goes.

Is it correct then that if powered off you can charge via the usb on a pc ??

Steve

Guest lynnd

Thanks forall the comments. Mines has been fine since that one incident.

The PC charging works but is really slow, having it attached to the PC all thetime doesn’t work for me, I like to have it in another room for easy access.

I'm really getting fed up waiting for spare cables to beavailable.

Guest g6hoq

Same here, down to 7% and falling...

have generated a returns number with ebuyer....

powered off... powered on - on long enough to do a factory reset... left charger connected and sulked off for several hours

came back and its charged, whats more it detected a asus update...

so now have re-installed my apps and seeing how it goes.

Is it correct then that if powered off you can charge via the usb on a pc ??

Steve

Had to send it back to Asus, DHL came to collect today so quite efficient.

5-10 days in CZ apparently.... information says not to include accessories....... wonder how they are going to test the charger then? lol

anyway rang them and they said to include the charger & cable so they can test.

Looking at a few forums, seems the 15v 1.5a charger is not very reliable, prone to overheating and failure...

It would be nice to be able to get a spare unit, and better still an after market one, apparently pin9 is grounded on the asus cable so the charger delivers 15v and 5v if you put a different cable in.

why cant we get to a standard for USB, I thought it was going to become common practice among phone manufacturers to use a standard charger interface to save the planet from being crushed under the weight of wall warts.

Steve