Rooted Andrioid phone - speed increase?

Guest Jesta99

Guest Mushroom_Lord

To be honest I don't see it making a huge difference, but I think it might help a fair bit - possibly. I'll try it anyway...

Guest Jesta99

ok, ive just applied it via clockwork - unfortunatly my battery just died!

i will test it tommorow :)

GEN 1 - OLED - San Fran

Updated to GEN2 with GSF10

update : seems to work just fine

94 mb used

293 mb free

only the following are loaded.

Settings

Facebook

Google Services

Maps

Android Keyboard

Edited by Jesta99

Guest targetbsp

The problem with these kind of changes (the same with the numerous windows memory tweaks) is you're basically assuming that random guy on an internet forum knows more about OS memory management than the developers that wrote the OS...

Guest Jesta99
The problem with these kind of changes (the same with the numerous windows memory tweaks) is you're basically assuming that random guy on an internet forum knows more about OS memory management than the developers that wrote the OS...

i do agree - it was found on xda-developers.

but i also keep in my that 2.3.4 has inbuilt memory management... so it may be a 'red herring'.....

im about to flash (once it download via tmobiles network....cant use corp wifi hahah) GSF11 - which will remove this mod...

Guest will8578

the guy your talking about is a rom developer for i think samsung galaxy s, and this tweak has come from someone elses tweaks for one of their roms

Guest galorin

Numbers he uses are... interesting. I would need to do more research but I think they are wrong for the ZTE Blade. Particularly his values for /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree. They may be perfect for his use case on his device, but not for me on mine.

Yeah well, all custom roms are viable proof that random guys on the 'net do know more about OS programming than the company men.

Guest targetbsp
Yeah well, all custom roms are viable proof that random guys on the 'net do know more about OS programming than the company men.

It means they know more than the people who make phone hardware. And I accept that unconditionally. :) But I don't personally think it necasarily means they know more about the inner workings of Androids memory management than the people that wrote it - but maybe that's just me. :rolleyes:

The fact that these settings exist suggest there are scenarios where changing them will benefit certain uses more than the default. But I would assume the Android team set the default to be a good all rounder setting.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest mikeeo19

I watched the attached video on the site. That was pretty interesting. I'll give it a try and tell you guys if i notice any difference. Hope the only diffence won't be the placebo effect :blink:

Downloaded it - using it, should feedback soon. So far looks a little better. On GSFB11

I will wait for your feedback before trying,not had my warrior juice today.

Ok I done it.

And to be honest,after watching the video,I was expecting a miracle.

I have seen no speed increase at all,my qaudrant score is no different,if anything a little lower.

maybe the ram layout is different on all devices ?

Edited by Guest

Guest rockstarszzzz
I will wait for your feedback before trying,not had my warrior juice today.

Cant see any difference - did no harm though. Will leave it for a day or two to see if it's any faster!