[ROM] ModdedStock_1.10 v2

Guest newbe5

Guest newbe5
If i'm using Beta 1.6, i first have to reflash to the modded stock, and then reflash to beta 1.7?

Do i have to delete dalvik cache?

You can either:

Flash ModdedStock immediately in nVflash (losing all your settings)

Flash VegaComb 1.7 Full package

or

Nandroid backup VegaComb 1.6

Flash ModdedStock through nVflash

Nandroid Restore VegaComb 1.6

Upgrade to 1.7 using the upgrade patch

There you go!

newbe5

Guest Adam:)
You can either:

Flash ModdedStock immediately in nVflash (losing all your settings)

Flash VegaComb 1.7 Full package

or

Nandroid backup VegaComb 1.6

Flash ModdedStock through nVflash

Nandroid Restore VegaComb 1.6

Upgrade to 1.7 using the upgrade patch

There you go!

newbe5

wen u say losing all settings do u mean losing basically apps :L

and wuld i go about flashing the modded stock the same way i wuld the normal stock?

Guest premieral
wen u say losing all settings do u mean losing basically apps :L

and wuld i go about flashing the modded stock the same way i wuld the normal stock?

NVflash is the way you flash back to stock ( advent ) rom by using the button combo given on the myadventvega website and then using this flash image instead of the advent stock one,so it will wipe everything and overwrite with the new rom , hence as newbe5 said earlier do a cwm backup then NVflash this rom, then do a cwm restore and everything is back as before you nvflashed but with the new partition size. Flashing wont affect your sd card where you keep your back ups

Edited by premieral

NVflash is the way you flash back to stock ( advent ) rom by using the button combo given on the myadventvega website and then using this flash image instead of the advent stock one,so it will wipe everything and overwrite with the new rom , hence as newbe5 said earlier do a cwm backup then NVflash this rom, then do a cwm restore and everything is back as before you nvflashed but with the new partition size. Flashing wont affect your sd card where you keep your back ups

i cant find cwm on the market, is it the recovery button near the shut down icon?

sorry if i sound a bit nooby, havent flashed in a while :blink:

Guest premieral
i cant find cwm on the market, is it the recovery button near the shut down icon?

sorry if i sound a bit nooby, havent flashed in a while :huh:

sorry Adam if you havent already installed clockwork mod recovery you can install it through rom manager which is available in the market, but most of the newer roms come with cwm or rom manager now i think so you probably have it.

It is the option to boot into recovery that will put you into CWM recovery mode if you have it :blink:

oops just noticed you ask if its the recovery button near the shutdown icon so if you mean when you press power and it brings options to shutdown, reboot, etc then yes that is teh recovery you need.

then choose backup and it will do it for you

Edited by premieral

sorry Adam if you havent already installed clockwork mod recovery you can install it through rom manager which is available in the market, but most of the newer roms come with cwm or rom manager now i think so you probably have it.

It is the option to boot into recovery that will put you into CWM recovery mode if you have it :blink:

oops just noticed you ask if its the recovery button near the shutdown icon so if you mean when you press power and it brings options to shutdown, reboot, etc then yes that is teh recovery you need.

then choose backup and it will do it for you

ok, so i, in order

1. either download rom manager and put cwm on from there, or click recovery in the options wen i hold down the power button.

2. then i perform a nanodriod back up

3. then i go return bk to the rom and put into nvflash

4. then i flash the modded stock over

5. then i perform a nanodriod restore

6. then i flash 1.7 ( wuld i do it the normal way? eg, delete dalvik, cache partition...)

:huh:

am i correct?

Guest premieral
ok, so i, in order

1. either download rom manager and put cwm on from there, or click recovery in the options wen i hold down the power button.

2. then i perform a nanodriod back up

3. then i go return bk to the rom and put into nvflash

4. then i flash the modded stock over

5. then i perform a nanodriod restore

6. then i flash 1.7 ( wuld i do it the normal way? eg, delete dalvik, cache partition...)

:blink:

am i correct?

That is right mate, and from looking through an other thread it looks like your running vegacomb so you already have cwm just select reboot to recovery when pressing power button. the rest is spot on except if you are in 1.6 you can just install the update patch from 1.6 to 1.7 and only need wipe the dalvik :huh: good luck have fun im off home now to have a go myself so allowing for a 2 hr journey i should be enjoying newbe5s talents about 8.00pm :)

That is right mate, and from looking through an other thread it looks like your running vegacomb so you already have cwm just select reboot to recovery when pressing power button. the rest is spot on except if you are in 1.6 you can just install the update patch from 1.6 to 1.7 and only need wipe the dalvik :blink: good luck have fun im off home now to have a go myself so allowing for a 2 hr journey i should be enjoying newbe5s talents about 8.00pm :)

but i dont hav the modded stock rom, so i need to do that first.

yeh same, i just need to figure out wat way im going to flash this over :huh:

but shuld hav it done by this evening :P

Guest MaxiP

FYI (as I've just learnt the hard way)

If / when you flash 1.10MOD, you will NOT be able to Nandroid restore if your backed up system partition cannot fit in the new size. AFAIK, this means that unless you have at least 30Mb free before you backup, you will not be able to restore unless you flash Advent 1.10

I'm very happy to be corrected on this but having just done VegaComb 1.7 install & tried to restore my previous Corvus5 image, I'm having to re-flash Advent 1.10 to reset the partition sizes in order to restore.

Guest newbe5
FYI (as I've just learnt the hard way)

If / when you flash 1.10MOD, you will NOT be able to Nandroid restore if your backed up system partition cannot fit in the new size. AFAIK, this means that unless you have at least 30Mb free before you backup, you will not be able to restore unless you flash Advent 1.10

I'm very happy to be corrected on this but having just done VegaComb 1.7 install & tried to restore my previous Corvus5 image, I'm having to re-flash Advent 1.10 to reset the partition sizes in order to restore.

Your 100% right with this, sorry maybe I should have been clearer :/ TBH the best bet is to use Titanium Backup, then flash 1.7 and restore from titanium, but if you have > 35mb space on /data before you backup, you should be fine :blink:

Hope this setup is working for people! I know it can be a little confusing, but it should be worth it in the long-run!

newbe5

Hey guys, slight problemo.

I tried to put the modded 1.10 rom on the vega using cwm

but wen i try it just says installation aborted?

anyway to fix this?

i tried to do it via computer, but it wont let me, it wont recognize my vega, so wen i double click the modded stock it dosent start flashing.

thanks

Adam:)

Guest ThomasAstor

Silly me, I was trying to flash ModdedStock_1.10 via Rom Manager.

I am on Mac, therefore I cannot install it. I could not understand why Rom MAnager could not see the rom [ModdedStock_1.10]

I suppose I will have to find time to go back to PCWorld and do it from there.

Or am I reading it wrong?

Guest technomaniac

Hi all,

Just flashed this as I thought it would br better to do it now and get it ready for honeycomb although for now I am going to stick with Corvus5. I have noticed that my internal device storage is now 267mb after a fresh install, is that about right? or have I done something wrong?

Is there anything I can delete to make it bigger?

Thanks Techno

Edited by technomaniac

Guest technomaniac

Me again,

Just put on Corvus5 sp1 and internal storage now says Total space: 302 MB Available space 243, how does that sound?

Cheers techno

Guest technomaniac

Me again,

Just put on Corvus5 sp1 and internal storage now says Total space: 302 MB Available space 243, how does that sound?

Cheers techno

bump

Guest dibbles

No, this will still work, there is a hack in VegaComb which bypasses the /cache partition when installing large apps and forces it to cache to the SDCard instead. This functionality will remain the same :blink:

I should really think about adding this hack in to Corvus5, do people have issues installing large apps on that?

newbe5

Yes I do :)

Using Corvus 5 inc SP1 and it was impossible to download Fieldrunners (38mb). I had to make a script for GScript to direct the cache to the SD card. If this was included with Corvus it would be great.!

Guest technomaniac

Me again,

Cheers techno

Hi all,

I have installed a few apps and games now and moved as many as poss to the sdcard. The problem is that I am now down to 36mb internal. Does this mean that I will have to start uninstalling one app to install another or is there a way around it. Could I use a bit of the sdcard as internal storage somehow?

Cheers techno

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HypoTurtle

Needs a bump as it's a minor update.

Should we all move to V2 (if we can) or only if we have issues?

Mines running fine, is there anything the cleaned up partition sizes would make better or is it just that they're changed so that the sizes are appropriate/optimised without wasted memory?

Guest newbe5

Needs a bump as it's a minor update.

Should we all move to V2 (if we can) or only if we have issues?

Mines running fine, is there anything the cleaned up partition sizes would make better or is it just that they're changed so that the sizes are appropriate/optimised without wasted memory?

It's only a tiny, tiny change as was messy originally and in the new kernel have run in to a couple of issues with my slapdash approach :P No real need to change, although if you are ever going to flash a moddedstock in future, you can use this one :)

newbe5

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neils31

hello,

I am brand new to the vega, just got it at lunchtime :lol:

anyway I have managed to put the MoDaCo V8 rom on successfully, but when trying to update with VegaModdedStock_v1.10_v2, using the software tool > software update > point to my download folder where I placed the zip file there are no files to select. however when using the file manager pointing at the same folder the file is definitely there.

any ideas what I am doing wrong :blink:

thanks

Guest Durbybard

hello,

I am brand new to the vega, just got it at lunchtime :lol:

anyway I have managed to put the MoDaCo V8 rom on successfully, but when trying to update with VegaModdedStock_v1.10_v2, using the software tool > software update > point to my download folder where I placed the zip file there are no files to select. however when using the file manager pointing at the same folder the file is definitely there.

any ideas what I am doing wrong :blink:

thanks

Hiya, you are trying to install a modded stock rom on top of modaco R8 rom which is not possible, you either have moddedstockrom or modaco R8, R8 is a better rom to keep installed as it has more features than the modded one like market and other things you may need or find useful.

To add some nice option features to R8, go to market and grab launcher pro (it's free) and change the main screen layout, can even download themes to change icons, text colour etc, also look for GLES flashplayer from this site, you want the 3rd link down (something like 1.10.1.020) as is what i use for flash based apps and works flawlessly (also running R8).

Hope this helps

Chris...

Guest neils31

Hiya, you are trying to install a modded stock rom on top of modaco R8 rom which is not possible, you either have moddedstockrom or modaco R8, R8 is a better rom to keep installed as it has more features than the modded one like market and other things you may need or find useful.

To add some nice option features to R8, go to market and grab launcher pro (it's free) and change the main screen layout, can even download themes to change icons, text colour etc, also look for GLES flashplayer from this site, you want the 3rd link down (something like 1.10.1.020) as is what i use for flash based apps and works flawlessly (also running R8).

Hope this helps

Chris...

A friend of mine pointed me in the right direction and I got it on, I was not in the correct state or rather the vega wasn't ;)

Anyway all is good and I am now also running VC 1.7 :)

thanks for your help

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...