Blade only boots into clockwork, can not flash roms

Guest calza

Guest calza

To stop the GSF thread being filled up I have made this thread.

Basically I did the GSFB9 TPT to GEN 2 and it worked. However Blade recovery manager forced closed so I could not install clockwork. When I was trying to get it to work and I turned it off and when I turned it back on it would not boot into GSF and froze at the big green android.

I then followed this guide http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-also-the-imei/

It worked and I had clockwork but whenever I tried to install a rom when I rebooted it would just boot into clockwork.

I then tried to update to clockwork v 3.0.2.4v9 which after rebooting has messed it up even more and it is now not usable.

Sorry for the bad image quality, it is essentially random characters all over the screen (they are not characters from a-z).

VwoPT.jpg

So is there anything I can do now? I hope its not a paperweight :blink:

Guest calza

Ok I have downloaded the GEN 1 to GEN 2 ALternative TPT, and unzipped in the root of my sd along with SS 5, and GSF B10 and 11.

I turn it in and hold the menu and + volume but it still boots into the messed up clockwork. I cannot do anything in the clockwork and I when I turn it off it just reboots and goes straight to the clockwork again.

Anybody have any ideas?

Guest hugobosslives

have you tried the obvious things like erasing your recovery partition and flashing a new recovery image then trying to boot that?

(via fastboot or similar)

Guest calza
have you tried the obvious things like erasing your recovery partition and flashing a new recovery image then trying to boot that?

(via fastboot or similar)

No, I tried to do fast boot earlier but I could not really figure it out. What do I need to do?

Guest Kuoi
Ok I have downloaded the GEN 1 to GEN 2 ALternative TPT, and unzipped in the root of my sd along with SS 5, and GSF B10 and 11.

I turn it in and hold the menu and + volume but it still boots into the messed up clockwork. I cannot do anything in the clockwork and I when I turn it off it just reboots and goes straight to the clockwork again.

Anybody have any ideas?

Can you try to start your phone with power button and then hold VOLUME DOWN button.

That way it should go in clockworkmod.

Good luck , Kuoi

Guest hedgepigdaniel

you should be installing clockwork for blade gen2, not v9.

did you read the big red warning at the top of that unbricking guide? It doesn't sound like it...

Guest Kuoi

OK , try the following ...

Download GSF B9 TPT Gen1 to Gen2

Unzip the file so you get a folder named "image".

One way or an other you should get this folder to your sd-card ... so I hope you have a card reader because I don't think usb will work without phone booted.

If you get the folder ( !NOT THE ZIP file!) ... but the FOLDER 'image' , to your sd-card , power on the phone and hold "MENU" and "VOLUME +"

Hope this works , Kuoi

Guest kcs123

One way or an other you should get this folder to your sd-card ... so I hope you have a card reader because I don't think usb will work without phone booted.

If you get the folder ( !NOT THE ZIP file!) ... but the FOLDER 'image' , to your sd-card , power on the phone and hold "MENU" and "VOLUME +"

Hope this works , Kuoi

Boot into clockworkmod and use usb mount options under mounts and storage to copy image folder on to sd card

Guest Pondlife

Blimey that's a good spot! Certainly unlikely to have helped.

Guest hugobosslives

Blimey that's a good spot! Certainly unlikely to have helped.

indeed. missed that too.

you installed the recovery image made for the v9 not the blade.

Guest calza

Hope this works , Kuoi

It doesn't work, it just keeps booting into the clockwork (which is the wrong clockwork)

Boot into clockworkmod and use usb mount options under mounts and storage to copy image folder on to sd card

I can't boot into clockwork

indeed. missed that too.

you installed the recovery image made for the v9 not the blade.

So is it really messed up now? Beyond repair?

Guest hugobosslives
So is it really messed up now? Beyond repair?

no. you will be able to fix it. we are just a bit confused atm.

did you try just flashing a blade recovery via fastboot.

eg:

download fastboot files and drivers and the new blade recovery image. (for my example put them all in a folder on root of your hard drive called android eg C:\android)

then plug in an boot into fastboot mode (vol +) should stay at green android. [can you even boot into fastboot?]

then from a command prompt:

Then open the DOS command prompt (Start>Run> then type CMD and press return)

the text below in "quotes" is what you actually need to type into the DOS cmd prompt. dont do the "".

type "cd \" and press return

type "c:" and press return

type "cd Android" and press return

type "fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-3.x.x.x-r2-blade.img" and press return

type "fastboot-windows reboot" and press return

where the bit in bold is the name of your downloaded recovey. you just rename it recovery.img then that line would be:

"type fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery.img" and press return

Guest calza

eg:

download fastboot files and drivers and the new blade recovery image. (for my example put them all in a folder on root of your hard drive called android eg C:\android)

then plug in an boot into fastboot mode (vol +) should stay at green android. [can you even boot into fastboot?]

the text below in "quotes" is what you actually need to type into the DOS cmd prompt. dont do the "".

type "fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-3.x.x.x-r2-blade.img" and press return

where the bit in bold is the name of your downloaded recovey. you just rename it recovery.img then that line would be:

Ok that is good to hear, and thank you and everybody else who is helping, it is greatly appreciated.

I have downloaded recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.7-blade.img, is that a good one?

Where do I find the fastboot drivers? I tried searching for them but I couldn't find them, sorry.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

What exactly did you do?

Depending on what you did, it may be necessary for you to follow the instructions in that post to restore your IMEI (it fixes the same problem that leads to blades booting only into recovery mode, in your case clockwork). With the program from the post you linked to:

• Flash the contents of the "files" folder in the custom v7 package from here, with the "download cefs" box ticked.
  • Get the phone into FTM mode by booting with volume down held (it should be in it after the upgrade anyway).
  • Restore the channel1.nvm that you can download from that post after hex editing it with your IMEI, as the post sais.

The above is a last resort. Try everyone else's ideas first.

Guest Quirin
Where do I find the fastboot drivers? I tried searching for them but I couldn't find them, sorry.

Just look in my signature, there you will almost find what you need.

Other fastboot-versions are here: http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/zte_driver.zip

or here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rivers-and-adb/

Edited by Quirin

Guest calza

eg:

I did this but when I get to fastboot... it says that it does not recongise fastboot as an internal or external command. I tried installing fibblesan's drivers from below but I am not sure if it worked.

Just look in my signature, there you will almost find what you need.

Other fastboot-versions are here: http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/zte_driver.zip

or here: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...rivers-and-adb/

Guest Kuoi
Ok that is good to hear, and thank you and everybody else who is helping, it is greatly appreciated.

I have downloaded recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.7-blade.img, is that a good one?

You realy need the right version , and because I don't see gen1 or gen2 in the name ... i recommend to download this clockwork : GEN2 blade clockworkmod 3.0.2.8

Kuoi

Guest Kuoi
Basically I did the GSFB9 TPT to GEN 2 and it worked. However Blade recovery manager forced closed so I could not install clockwork.

DID GSF B9 run on your blade ever ?

I then followed this guide http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-also-the-imei/

It worked and I had clockwork but whenever I tried to install a rom when I rebooted it would just boot into clockwork.

Did you actually changed imei ?

I then tried to update to clockwork v 3.0.2.4v9 which after rebooting has messed it up even more and it is now not usable.

I think we better wait for the answer on the first question , because if GSF b9 didn't run or installed well , the phone could be still GEN1

Greetings , Kuoi

Guest hedgepigdaniel
The problem is, he is now on baseband P726, befor he was on baseband P729.

Perhaps he should ask burstlam, who had created the thread:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-also-the-imei/

for help!

who said he was on P726? If he was, I don't think his phone would be turning on at all. P726 is the ZTE racer I think. Its not the blade anyway.The program sais P726 because it was extracted from some file for that phone - It can be used to flash blade firmware to blades though, which is what that post describes how to do.

The instructions I posted a few posts back use the lowest level boot mode available to flash absolutely everything. If that doesn't work, your phone is broken.