A better kernel for Swedish Spring?

Guest Puzzles

Guest Puzzles
Isn't that tool for the Windows Flasher only? I may be wrong though.

I think that the files it generates can just be copied into wbaw's TPT and would probably work.

Guest snowbord
I'm aware of GLOBUL Z3 of course. It's sold in our country after all :blink: I don't have it though.

Okay, thanks for the advice. Will try to experiment from now on.

BTW I tried to flash the GLOBUL Z3 ROM to my SF. Again, the market did not work. Everything else did.

The Globul Z3 is Gen2. This may explain why it did not work. I'm about to get hacking with the partitioning.. if anyone has tips on which rom has the best battery life, please do share. FYI Gen 2s have little room for apps, hence my desire to repartition. The Gen1s are better in that respect, but have worse radio firmware (are also only tri-band afaik, not quad like Gen2s). Supposedly, reception has also been improved in Gen2.

Data speeds are greatly improved - I have witnessed this on the same network (Mtel) using a gen1 and gen2 side by side. The gen1 => Gen2 converted phone then flew compare to before the upgrade.

Some good reading regarding roms for our phones, inc. partitioning info;

http://androidforums.com/san-francisco-all...-francisco.html

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ol-alpha3-gen1/

Puzzles: If you can give me your battery experiences with the San Fran and the distro used, that would be great.

@all: Is there any news on the MDC rom being available for gen2s? I've read it's solid and has the best battery life..

Edited by snowbord

Guest snowbord

The partitioning tool works on a Gen2, using wbaw's TPT. Market app in FBL now works (cache is now the default gen2 37mb size). It was broken when partition was 2mb.

Please confirm if partitioning tool works for you on a Gen1.

Edited by snowbord

Guest Puzzles
The partitioning tool works on a Gen2, using wbaw's TPT. Market app in FBL now works (cache is now the default gen2 37mb size). It was broken when partition was 2mb.

Please confirm if partitioning tool works for you on a Gen1.

I've read that the best battery life is achieved with Swedish Spring. And yes - I've used it up to 4 days with one charge when I was with SS (and Androidbg Z3 as well). Had to wipe the battery stats yesterday though - I've been flashing and trying various ROMs to see which ones will suit my requirements. So I'll see what will this lead to - hopefully an improvement.

Guest snowbord
I've read that the best battery life is achieved with Swedish Spring. And yes - I've used it up to 4 days with one charge when I was with SS (and Androidbg Z3 as well). Had to wipe the battery stats yesterday though - I've been flashing and trying various ROMs to see which ones will suit my requirements. So I'll see what will this lead to - hopefully an improvement.

Well, FLB is good (battery wise) but buggy and with fewer features than SS. Most notably - broken Wifi tethering, slow GPS, superuser granting permissions issues, screen hangs. I'm back here with SS as Gen2 roms are few and far between and SS is as a whole - excellent... just gotta sort out the battery.

Any tips on best kernel for the ZTE Blade on SS, in order to achieve maximum battery life? Did you use the kernel that came with SS or a 'stock' kernel? Can you share tips on how you achieved this excellent 4 day battery life?

Nice one and good luck with it. :blink:

Edited by snowbord

Guest snowbord

Battery issues seem to be linked to the default dialer in SS - the ZTE dialer. The remixes above do away with it and use the default dialer. To fix battery issues in SS standard, check this out - basically turn off mute on rotate in the sound settings (which also seems to fix the random 'people can't hear me' issue that some are experiencing);

http://android.modac...age__p__1552148

flashing to Gen2 seems to have helped some also, but imho it's simply the ZTE smart dialer that's to blame.

Edited by snowbord

Guest snowbord

Radio subsystem / kernel is playing up with the above remix just like in standard SS with the infamous 'process 0' bug that won't let the phone sleep like in most Froyo roms.

Get Ginger Stir Fry for the best battery life. The phone actually sleeps & WILL last 3-4 days with ease;

http://android.modac...inger-stir-fry/

Edited by snowbord