Is overclocking possible with StirFry ROM ?

Guest jakobitm

Guest jakobitm

As in subject. I have checked some apps and the maximum is 600. With CM I could go up to 729 without freezes. Is it non-overclocable ?

Edited by jakobitm

Guest pmmct
As in subject. I have checked some apps and the maximum is 600. With CM I could go up to 729 without freezes. Is it non-overclocable ?

Not possible, until ZTE releases the kernel.

You'll find GSF faster than CM... even without O.C.

Guest ididmytime
Not possible, until ZTE releases the kernel.

Its only faster with the UI, overclocking on CM will be better for apps/games.

Saying that, if you are expecting to play games like Cut the Rope, even on an overclocked blade it will lag to high heaven at later stages.

Edited by ididmytime

Guest pmmct
Its only faster with the UI, overclocking on CM will be better for apps/games.

Saying that, if you are expecting to play games like Cut the Rope, even on an overclocked blade it will lag to high heaven at later stages.

Probably true enough... :blink:

I don't play much on my Blade, so, I wouldn't know. Mostly, I stick to Solitaire, Fruit Slice (for my nephews) and Air Control, none of which demand too much from the CPU.

:huh: but that is a good tip! I downloaded Cut the Rope last week, and felt it was getting really slower. Even thought it was something to do with app cache, but now you've mentioned it, it makes perfect sense to be CPU. Thanks mate! :)

Guest hugobosslives

well in the politest possible way.....

bullshit

:blink:

tho i guess its a matter of opinion. sure the menu screens feel smoother. but in terms of intensive work the cm7 rom laughs at the 2.3 leak. play a game like nova2 and you'll see.

don't get me wrong. the leaked rom is an awesome rom. but from my expeirence (using both roms) cm7 has the edge.

Guest rockstarszzzz
well in the politest possible way.....

bullshit

:huh:

tho i guess its a matter of opinion. sure the menu screens feel smoother. but in terms of intensive work the cm7 rom laughs at the 2.3 leak. play a game like nova2 and you'll see.

don't get me wrong. the leaked rom is an awesome rom. but from my expeirence (using both roms) cm7 has the edge.

How many hours does an average user spend playing nova2 in one day? :)

However, how many hours does the user NOT want to waste charging his phone ever so often? :P

See where I am going.... :blink:

Guest hugobosslives
How many hours does an average user spend playing nova2 in one day? :huh:

However, how many hours does the user NOT want to waste charging his phone ever so often? :)

(about 1 haha)

fair point.

i agree the battery is a big difference between the two roms.

[for the record i get about 20% more battery time on the leaked rom]

but even if i had to charge my blade every night (which i don't) does that matter? i do not use it at night or at many 2 hour periods during a day. i can just charge it then (with no disadvantage to my user expiernce) and then reap the benefits of cm7 when i am using it.

Guest rockstarszzzz
but even if i had to charge my blade every night (which i don't) does that matter?

In long term I guess it does matter. Because remember these Li-Ion batteries live on X-number of life cycles. Their days are counted.

e.g. if a battery was to last about 500 charge cycles then with your pattern nearly after 2 years you need a new battery. However I might need one after more than 4 years :blink:

Guest hugobosslives
In long term I guess it does matter. Because remember these Li-Ion batteries live on X-number of life cycles. Their days are counted.

e.g. if a battery was to last about 500 charge cycles then with your pattern nearly after 2 years you need a new battery. However I might need one after more than 4 years :blink:

not trying to sound like a nob but most people change their phone at about 2 years and under rather than 4.

anyway i charge every two nights.

There is a solution to blade battery life.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZTE-Battery-USB-Char...=item25639ab59c

works a treat,I never run out of battery,or worry about battery.

By time one battery runs out,the next is ready to go!

nice thinking.

It is really worth buying,it charges battery in couple of hours,and comes with an official zte battery

Edited by Guest

Guest rockstarszzzz
not trying to sound like a nob but most people change their phone at about 2 years and under rather than 4.

anyway i charge every two nights.

Oh, that was just an example. May be these batteries don't last that long either. I think the average is 300 cycles or less. So we are looking at a year max of daily charging.

I change my mobile almost twice a year :blink:

Guest ididmytime
How many hours does an average user spend playing nova2 in one day? :huh:

However, how many hours does the user NOT want to waste charging his phone ever so often? :)

Which is why my phone is underclocked to 480mhz.

I cant notice a difference, youtube and videos work full speed, I would rather have the battery life and considering I could easily change it back if ever needed I don't see why more people don't underclock.

Guest rockstarszzzz
Which is why my phone is underclocked to 480mhz.

I cant notice a difference, youtube and videos work full speed, I would rather have the battery life and considering I could easily change it back if ever needed I don't see why more people don't underclock.

Exactly my point!!

If you have good battery life, there are chances you might be able to play funky games like Nova2. What's the point of your phone being able to play Nova2, but die after 2 hours of game play! :blink:

Guest hugobosslives
Exactly my point!!

If you have good battery life, there are chances you might be able to play funky games like Nova2. What's the point of your phone being able to play Nova2, but die after 2 hours of game play! :blink:

not chances. game is way too laggy to play on any rom other than cm7 on the blade.

also, you can play about 5/6 hours of any intensive game from 100% till it turns off. not bad for a long journey or something.....

Guest ididmytime
not chances. game is way too laggy to play on any rom other than cm7 on the blade.

also, you can play about 5/6 hours of any intensive game from 100% till it turns off. not bad for a long journey or something.....

5/6 hours? Overclocked? and using multitouch?

Can't see that happening. I would be seriously impressed if it could.

Regardless, everyone is entitled to do what they want with their phone. Out of the 2 million sold, only a small percentage need a speed increase.

Remember, if an overclock is giving you an extra 10% power, if something is running at 10fps, it will only make it run at 11fps, which is why some games will never run on our blades decently.

Guest appolus

Regardless, everyone is entitled to do what they want with their phone. Out of the 2 million sold, only a small percentage need a speed increase.

Remember, if an overclock is giving you an extra 10% power, if something is running at 10fps, it will only make it run at 11fps, which is why some games will never run on our blades decently.

err whats multitouch got to do with this?? most of the games run very good on the blade, even those games who is armv7 which is modified to armv6 works perfect. its not a high-end mobile but it runs most of the games in market. so i think ur wrong

Guest ididmytime
err whats multitouch got to do with this?? most of the games run very good on the blade, even those games who is armv7 which is modified to armv6 works perfect. its not a high-end mobile but it runs most of the games in market. so i think ur wrong

The fact that the blade is constantly monitoring two movements, it all adds to battery drain.

You are correct about most games on the market being playable, we are talking about non market games, from gameloft and popcap ect..... which push phones to the limit.

Edited by ididmytime

Guest robinhud2010

Overclocked cm7 is definitely better for playing games. Battery life is pretty decent on the green roms, almost equal to gsf. Funnily enough, a few gameloft games whoch don't work on on cm7 work perfectly well on gsf.:blink:

PS: i used htc build prop on both occasions.

But OC'ed or not, i still dont think i'll be able to squeeze out more than 2 hours of nova2 from my blade. Maybe its a device specific issue?

Edited by robinhud2010

Guest hugobosslives

okay maybe on nova its more like 4-5 hours. but i often am on long train journeys (4ish hours) and to be honest use the blade pretty much constantly for gaming. i can easily play, real football, sandstorm, assassin's creed etc for the whole 4 hours and still have 25ish left. (this includes having the headphones in!)

well, not quite. in your example, all of the cpu is going to running the game's framerate. in actual fact alot of the cpu is doing otherthings. so a 10% overclock can often make a much bigger difference than 10% extra framerate. tho, saying that, sometimes, an overclock does badword all....