help neefed for complete novice

Guest leadman

Guest leadman

I have just updated my orange sanfrancisco to japanese jellyfish but wondered whether a fix exists for the wifi issue,since instaling i cant connect to my wifi at all,i even went back to 2.1 in the form of swedish snow but was asked for a nerwork pin which i couldnt find any answer to either,i am now back on jellyfish but without wifi,any help would be apreciated.

Guest flshg

What exactly is happening when you try to connect? What error message? Is this you own home wifi, or a public ad-hoc network?

I would suggest that you switch to using a newer rom, such as swedish spring, as these generally have newer wifi drivers so may help with your wifi issues.

Guest leadman
What exactly is happening when you try to connect? What error message? Is this you own home wifi, or a public ad-hoc network?

I would suggest that you switch to using a newer rom, such as swedish spring, as these generally have newer wifi drivers so may help with your wifi issues.

Hi,i did switch to swedish spring but i still cant connect to my own home wifi,i have a bt home hub 2 and the message i get is obtaining ip address .....then disabled.....obtaining ip address ...... and on and on like that.

Guest flshg

Are you sure you tried swedish spring, as that is different to swedish snow :blink:

Anyway, if you havent already, try rebooting your router (its amazing how many problems rebooting things solves). Make sure you're typing in the correct passkey if/when you're asked for it on the phone.

If still not working then, backup anything important and switch to swedish spring.

Edited by flshg

Guest leadman
Are you sure you tried swedish spring, as that is different to swedish snow :blink:

Anyway, if you havent already, try rebooting your router (its amazing how many problems rebooting things solves). Make sure you're typing in the correct passkey if/when you're asked for it on the phone.

If still not working then, backup anything important and switch to swedish spring.

Your a star! i did restart my router with no differance at all but a reboot has sorted the problem out. MANY THANKS.