Update.zip for rogers users

Guest REDARROW

Guest REDARROW

Hi all,

I am trying to root my new Acer Liquid E running android 2.2 on Rogers and I know that I need this update.zip in order to make malez recovery usable. Rogers firmware would delete malez recovery on every reboot. Is anyone willing to send me this file or upload it somehere?

Thanks in advance.

Dec

Guest ikirt
Hi all,

I am trying to root my new Acer Liquid E running android 2.2 on Rogers and I know that I need this update.zip in order to make malez recovery usable. Rogers firmware would delete malez recovery on every reboot. Is anyone willing to send me this file or upload it somehere?

Thanks in advance.

Dec

Always check out the stickies :blink: Dario was nice enough to put together this excellent post.

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-liquid-thread/

Guest TroutT20

If you actually just use the automatic Malez installer it works fine now with any Liquid E. Been using the normal one on my 3.

Guest ravendagrey
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

Dec

Trust me don't use that update.zip My liquid E is from rogers and the best part of the rom is that the stock recovery is restored after every boot, so now I'm running liquid next (and malez is always there) but if I ever need to take my phone in for warranty i just restore my first nandroid backup and reboot and my phone is back to stock (including recovery) and can get service done under warranty