Building AOSP for the Blade

Guest Puzzles

Guest Puzzles

Could someone explain how to build the AOSP for the Blade in a very simple way? I searched and read some threads, but could not understand a thing...

So could anyone explain this from the beginning to the end like... for a newb? I'm familiar with Ubuntu and Debian.

Guest KACE_231

Dont bother mate, I was considering a similar thing, but then Ginger stir-fry ROM was released which is AOSP Gingerbread with a few added apps (which can easily be removed).

Guest t0mm13b
I still want to do that. I want to start developing a ROM and this would be the perfect base to start from.

If you have 64 bit system well and good, Google's restriction is there for building the AOSP source, requires 64bit machine. Otherwise...

CM7's source base has no restrictions in place - so you can build it in a 32bit environment. See here Cyanogenmod wiki for compiling for ZTE Blade for further information. :blink:

Guest Puzzles
If you have 64 bit system well and good, Google's restriction is there for building the AOSP source, requires 64bit machine. Otherwise...

CM7's source base has no restrictions in place - so you can build it in a 32bit environment. See here Cyanogenmod wiki for compiling for ZTE Blade for further information. :blink:

I do have a 64bit machine. It runs with Windows XP 32bit. I'd have no problem if I'd have to install Ubuntu 64 bit.

Guest unrandomsam
I still want to do that. I want to start developing a ROM and this would be the perfect base to start from.

The perfect base would be QAEP

https://www.codeaurora.org/wiki/QAEP

use either

froyo_almond (2.2.2)

or

gingerbread_house (2.3.4)

save you a fair bit of unnecessary work.

(The devboard they used for the blade is the msm surf one)

https://github.com/tjstyle/AR6kSDK-CAF.git - this wifi driver should be ok

use the latest zte kernel source. (the one released for the v9)

You should be able to get it to boot and most things working without too much effort.

(Getting it to good enough quality to release is another thing though).

Stuff from a gingerbread_house build is mostly interchangable with stuff from the leak.

(If you build it with VMSPLIT_2G)

There is basic device trees on Tom Giordinos github for froyo and gingerbread

(But I think its less effort to just hack the surf config to do what you want (taking hints from Tom's device trees))

Good luck

(Also its really easy to mess up yoiur build tree with codeaurora (repo and the git branch thing is messed up (Not with AOSP or CM7 though) and I don't really know why - a snapshotting filesystem is probably something I would do if I was going to mess around with this again).

Finally the GPS reboot problem is in the libloc_api code that its in codeaurora (Same one thats in CM7) its definately not the kernel as it happens on the leak kernel with codeaurora of libloc_api (and current CM7).

Cannot think of anything else you will need to get started