What ROM to choose?

Guest HomoMiiro

Guest HomoMiiro

Hey guys. I'v been using Swedish Srping RLS5 for a while now, and it works great.

But I would like to try out some other ROMS. Cyangemod is not working properly?

I wan't ROM wth New Android (2.3.4 or so?)

And stable one of course.

Thanks.

~Home

Guest MrFusion-Blade

For you and for many users like me, it would be helpful a topic with the big differences between the most recent roms, wich i didn't find...

Ginger Stir Fry / Blue Ginger / Cyanogenmod nightly / Diet Stir Fry / Green v5

Guest targetbsp

All you can possibly achieve with a thread like this is people telling you what their rom is! And the most popular one by definition ought to get the most replies from its users to you. So it's best just to check the poll for the most popular one. :blink:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...using-9th-july/

Edited by targetbsp

Guest MrFusion-Blade

I've just voted... Cyanogenmod 7 (nighlty 127), I can't live without the possibilities within this rom...

I've tried Ginger Stir Fry for some minutes, but there's so much missing.

Guest rockstarszzzz

I think there is NO point for such a thread because:

* There ROMs are every developing ROMs. e.g. CM7 will be stable for 15 nightlies and a one bad nightly and it goes off!

* The major things that work - are ALWAYS update in the first post of each ROM.

* The things that don't work - generally lie in the end 5-6 pages of each ROM thread where you see users moaning.

* I disagree on the idea that most popular is the one with max user response, because user response depends on number of bugs, number of releases, number of fans/haters.

* Flashing ROMs on ZTE Blade isn't hard. It isn't risky, it isn't going to make you pay bills either - It's free and safe (if you follow the guides that are pinned) : So I will say, be adventurous, flash, re-flash, try, re-try - there is so much out there to test, see, experience.

Remember, the girl you find hot, might not be hot for me and the girl that you will buy a drink, I might not even notice :blink:

Guest unrandomsam
Hey guys. I'v been using Swedish Srping RLS5 for a while now, and it works great.

But I would like to try out some other ROMS. Cyangemod is not working properly?

I wan't ROM wth New Android (2.3.4 or so?)

And stable one of course.

Thanks.

~Home

I would use burstlam's original gingerleak its pretty close to stock.

You need to configure the proximity sensor from the zte dialer setup menu but other than that its fine.

I have changed a few bits (Gone back to non agps setup) used the gps config files from SS (GPS works pretty similar to SS and never crashes for me).

Everything is working (Bluetooth / wifi (including sleep policy)) never crashes.

There's no contest, only one rom worth using, CM7. If you get a recent nightly or 7.1 RC then most of the main bugs that affected earlier versions are fixed.

Guest Pondlife

I really like the way you say CM7 is the only one worth using and nearly 45% (according to current results on the new poll) are using your one instead. :blink:

I've just voted... Cyanogenmod 7 (nighlty 127), I can't live without the possibilities within this rom...

I've tried Ginger Stir Fry for some minutes, but there's so much missing.

Ginger Stir Fry runs fast , smooth and battery drain is "uncomparable".

GSF is indeed missing some settings people can play with , and it's not overclockable ... but it's because GSF doesn't need to.

It runs faster without overclock then an other overclocked rom.

And it's also missing the many bugs from CM7 B)

I think there is NO point for such a thread because:

* There ROMs are every developing ROMs. e.g. CM7 will be stable for 15 nightlies and a one bad nightly and it goes off!

* The major things that work - are ALWAYS update in the first post of each ROM.

* The things that don't work - generally lie in the end 5-6 pages of each ROM thread where you see users moaning.

* I disagree on the idea that most popular is the one with max user response, because user response depends on number of bugs, number of releases, number of fans/haters.

* Flashing ROMs on ZTE Blade isn't hard. It isn't risky, it isn't going to make you pay bills either - It's free and safe (if you follow the guides that are pinned) : So I will say, be adventurous, flash, re-flash, try, re-try - there is so much out there to test, see, experience.

Remember, the girl you find hot, might not be hot for me and the girl that you will buy a drink, I might not even notice :blink:

This is he best message I've ever read on modaco .