Please help! Urgent !

Guest Sujit Mohanty

Guest Sujit Mohanty

Guys I was downgrading my optimus one's firmware from 2.2.2 to 2.2 v10b by following this tutorial http://lgp500.wordpress.com/2011/03/25/how...timus-one-p500/

Unfortunately..the author had missed to mention three major steps in the article. Those were

Disabling the LGE Virtal Modem from my pc.(

uninstalling the ms visual c++ redistributable software from computer, which, can interfere in the updating process and detach all other USB devices

enable USB Debugging(Menu/settings/applications/Development/ USB Debugging.

I missed those steps as a result of which I got a flashing error and now my phone does not go past the LG logo. When I turn it on the LG logo appears immediately, then there's a white screen like u get to see when u get a cable connection error on tv , the backlight keys of the 4 hardware buttons below blink 4 times very quickly & the screen turns off. If I connect the phone to a data cable the phone shows that white screen ,goes off 4 two seconds & reshows without turning off (I didn't need to press the power button)

Now I disabled LGE Virtual Modem. Connected phone to my pc through USB

& pressed "Volume up"+"Return" hoping Yellow screen with text emergency mode would appear but nothing happens. The same thing mentioned above appears. Now please tell me what to do !!!!!

Guest Celtic67
Guys I was downgrading my optimus one's firmware from 2.2.2 to 2.2 v10b by following this tutorial http://lgp500.wordpress.com/2011/03/25/how...timus-one-p500/

Unfortunately..the author had missed to mention three major steps in the article. Those were

Disabling the LGE Virtal Modem from my pc.(

uninstalling the ms visual c++ redistributable software from computer, which, can interfere in the updating process and detach all other USB devices

enable USB Debugging(Menu/settings/applications/Development/ USB Debugging.

I missed those steps as a result of which I got a flashing error and now my phone does not go past the LG logo. When I turn it on the LG logo appears immediately, then there's a white screen like u get to see when u get a cable connection error on tv , the backlight keys of the 4 hardware buttons below blink 4 times very quickly & the screen turns off. If I connect the phone to a data cable the phone shows that white screen ,goes off 4 two seconds & reshows without turning off (I didn't need to press the power button)

Now I disabled LGE Virtual Modem. Connected phone to my pc through USB

& pressed "Volume up"+"Return" hoping Yellow screen with text emergency mode would appear but nothing happens. The same thing mentioned above appears. Now please tell me what to do !!!!!

I've not had any problems yet, so can't offer any great advice, I'm afraid. As you've got the firmware as a kdz file, though, I'd think this is worth a try:

Make sure the USB driver is installed, then try LGMDP to see if it detects the phone. If not, I don't know what else to suggest. If it does, close LGMDP, then use DZDecryptor & LG Utils to turn the kdz into some files (see posts 11 & 12 here). Run LGMDP again & try flashing the stock firmware.

Guest hecatae

to get into fastboot mode, hold down the Home button + Power button.

to get the handset into emergency mode, hold Volume Up + Home + Power

Guest Sujit Mohanty

Thanks Guys !! i hav already unbricked my phone by reflashing in emergency mode but it didn't downgrade . The same firmware got reinstalled. please provide me the download link of android 2.2 firmware for p500 so that i can root. I am finding al download links to be invalid.

to get into fastboot mode, hold down the Home button + Power button.

to get the handset into emergency mode, hold Volume Up + Home + Power

Guest hecatae

Thanks Guys !! i hav already unbricked my phone by reflashing in emergency mode but it didn't downgrade . The same firmware got reinstalled. please provide me the download link of android 2.2 firmware for p500 so that i can root. I am finding al download links to be invalid.

you do not need to downgrade to root.

follow this