StreakDroid 1.9.1 ( aka Host The World ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest strvmarv

For those of you looking for an alternative theme for StreakDroid (thanks for the help vanemburghj):

Enjoy!

Go here and customize away, http://uot.dakra.lt/, like you, I did not want to take away from Steve's work, but at the same time wanted my own unique look. I used 7-zip to extract framework-res.apk for the upload required by UOT kitchen. Good Luck.

Guest crexa

Sorry for the offtopic, but if the update.pkg to the older version with factory reset FULLY reverts to the preinstalled factory firmware (which includes baseband, system drivers, etc.)? If not - is the factory SD image available somewhere?

Guest cdzo72

I did as TheManii suggested... flashed stock recovery and then flashed 351 package. I noticed the message for the batterry cover was different. So yeah, it takes you back to as if your Streak were practically out of the box. I then flashed 1.9.1 over it and started with fresh app installs instead of backups. Let me tell ya... she's never been this smooth

Guest andycqos

I have been experiencing a weird battery drain issue since i upgraded to 1.9.1 from 1.9.0.

I have tried a few nandroid backups and removing apps but i would say i drop 10-15% every hour with the phone just on standby. Anything i can do to fix the drain issue.

It works fine if i recover back to 1.9.0

Not sure my battery performance is quite as bad as yours, but its noticeable worse on 1.9.1 than it was on 1.8 - which is what I upgraded from

Guest icediced

Updated from 1.9.0 a few days ago and apart from some battery issues this has been awesome.

But, this may sound REALLY odd but for some reason my camera and video playback is black and white! Well not black and white but more like the old TVs from a long time ago. Pictures taken by the camera are full colour when I view them from the gallery but YouTube videos are black and white. The rest of the phone functions correctly so I didn't notice it until last night when my friend was playing with the camera and YouTube........last time I checked, everything was playing back in full colour on 1.9.0 and Ginger streak. ....

Edited by icediced

Guest shi3ld

Updated from 1.9.0 a few days ago and apart from some battery issues this has been awesome.

But, this may sound REALLY odd but for some reason my camera and video playback is black and white! Well not black and white but more like the old TVs from a long time ago. Pictures taken by the camera are full colour when I view them from the gallery but YouTube videos are black and white. The rest of the phone functions correctly so I didn't notice it until last night when my friend was playing with the camera and YouTube........last time I checked, everything was playing back in full colour on 1.9.0 and Ginger streak. ....

are you using chainfire 3D

Guest adzman808

hi guys,

could someone please point me in the direction of a how to for getting usb hosting working without installing the usbdisk option, as i don't want to break mounting of the sd card?

[any help on getting hdmi output working would be great as well!]

thanks guys

Guest icediced

are you using chainfire 3D

.....actually now that you mentioned it I had installed it and forgot about it. Will uninstall later and see.

Guest gpmg762

Hi, I am a VPN user, TUN.KO include in /SYSTEM/LIB/MODULES is not working anymore.

Any chance to get working TUN.KO compiled for this release, thanks.

Edited by gpmg762

Guest mrmrmrmr

Hi, I am a VPN user, TUN.KO include in /SYSTEM/LIB/MODULES is not working anymore.

Any chance to get working TUN.KO compiled for this release, thanks.

I had not tested it with 1.9.1 . now that you've mentioned, it really does not work.

I think it is about a problem in kernel naming while the module was compiled.

If Steve can supply the kernel source I can compile for you (and all of us who need VPN)

Or more directly, Steve can compile... :)

Steve,

please let us know...

Guest crexa

Anybody played Cut the rope on this firmware? I'm getting continual freez at the end of every level after cardboard box with the message in system log: Exception! thread id=11: thread exeteng with uncaught exception (group=0x4001d888) and previous that can be the cause - failed to map the memory for fd=37 offs=7774208. I'm using version with perfmod. Original 351 firmware also has problems with this game (but I have no logs from it).

I've found that this game works stable only with 318 stock rom. 351 stock rom, 1.9.0/1.9.1 update of 351 or 318 rom with/without perfmod - made this game practically not playable. But has no sign on other bugs.

I've managed to solve the problem in Cut the rope by using 16 bit colour setting in chainfire. But do not know the normal solution.

Edited by crexa

Guest mrmrmrmr

I think Steve is not available.

Can anyone supply the kernel source used in 1.9.1 ? So that I can compile tun.ko for this ROM.

Please...

Guest Maj0r

The market says that Google+ and Google Earth are not compatible with my Streak with 1.9.1.

Google+ and Google Earth both need >= 2.1.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Guest simpl3lang

first off, NO HATING. PLEASE. just curious. i havent heard about honeycomb for streak5 for a long while now. whats the latest update on that??

thanks for another great release steve. and thanks for not abandoning us streak5 users.

Guest TABOY

The market says that Google+ and Google Earth are not compatible with my Streak with 1.9.1.

Google+ and Google Earth both need >= 2.1.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Google+ (only widget) not working for me. Can't post status and photo share with widget of G+.

Edited by TABOY

Guest Prolog

I'm getting force closes on 'Talkback'. Anyone else having this issue? Suggestions on getting rid of it?

This is not an application I typically use, rather a new addition for this release from what I can tell. No option to unistall.

Edited by Prolog

Guest cdzo72

first off, NO HATING. PLEASE. just curious. i havent heard about honeycomb for streak5 for a long while now. whats the latest update on that??

thanks for another great release steve. and thanks for not abandoning us streak5 users.

That's a question for the StreakDroid 2 Honeycomb thread don't you think....?

Guest cdzo72

I'm getting force closes on 'Talkback'. Anyone else having this issue? Suggestions on getting rid of it?

This is not an application I typically use, rather a new addition for this release from what I can tell. No option to unistall.

Once you choose a different keyboard as your default the message will go away. I was having the same problem first time I flashed 1.9.1. BUT THEN I did as TheManii suggested and I flashed stock recovery (I chose 351) and flashed the stock 351 update.pkg and let my Streak boot into stock 351 ROM. The purpose for that is/was that he comments on the fact that just flashing the baseband and dsp1 from a build are not enough, several other things are put into play. So if the entire update.pkg is not flashed, things will be out of sync. So, after that I once again flashed StreakMod recovery and immediately flashed StreakDroid 1.9.1 over the stock ROM, did a factory reset and let my Streak boot. I have to say, since then I have not had an app force close or a single reboot. My quadrant score is consistently around 2200 to 2300 with perfmod and setCPU at 1.28. I couldnt be happier with my Streak at the moment. Battery usage is excellent also.

Guest zrospeed

That's a question for the StreakDroid 2 Honeycomb thread don't you think....?

as i know the streakdroid 2.0 thread is for gingerbread not honeycomb. Maybe im wrong. i havnt been up to date, that is why i was curious about the streak5 honeycomb development, if steve was still doing it.

Guest crexa

I figured out that the problem with Cut the rope is atually the problem of memory heap size. Memory allocation fails after the program is reaching 16 gb inspite of the heap max size is 64 mb. Forsing heap start size to 20 meters solved this problem.

Update.

The problem with the game was fixed by applying the change of min heap size once without saving. So it IS the solution, but strange.

Edited by crexa