Gen1 or Gen2 ???

Guest Graham1

Guest Graham1

Hi

Just curious to see who's still on Gen1 or whether you've converted to Gen2.

Example:-

Gen1 = Original Gen1 model

Gen1 > Gen2 = Converted to Gen2

Gen1 > Gen2 > Gen1 = Converted to Gen2 but converted back to Gen1 (please give reasons)

:blink:

Edited by Graham1

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hello Brother ;)

I'll answer your Poll/Question..... :)

I'm still on Gen1, as are you.... I really cant see what Gen2 brings to us, I dont think its all that worth it to me from what I heard, not like we can utilize the different frequencies. So its only Partition structural differences, of which I would like to expand there is a tool I believe that works both for Gen1 and Gen2...

So for me, I would much rather have more choice of Roms, which appears to be Gen1 over Gen2.... sure enough this will prolly change as time goes on, as Gen2 roms are now slowly making their way out...

But for now, The future is bright, the future is Orange... Oops, Gen1 ;)

Cheers, Lister

Guest hedgepigdaniel

There may not be as many ROMs for Gen2, but they are all newer and better. You only run one ROM at a time. Gen2 is they way to go.

Guest lazyliam

Very good question and I signed on just to ask something similar my original phone I had flb 2.2 rom on for a long time tried changing to Swedish killed my battery like flb were good but I went back to a sebastian a 2,1 and battery life were brilliant then my phone had to go back blue tint and I were lucky enough to get another oled version anyway this one I kept on orange rom but de oranged it then got icthy feet and moved to Gen 2 and went stirfry got to say the roms good but I just can't see not even one improvement over stock and battery wow stock is so much better it doesn't improve my browsing are as far as I can see my phone in any way and p.s I do like the gallery on stock orange

Guest Clitheroe1

LazyLiam makes a really good point. I hated the look of the Orange branding on the OSF when I bought it so I upgraded my ROM to FLB Froyo and I've been very happy with it ever since. However, yesterday I loaded Titanium on my phone to make a backup and it semi-bricked my phone for a reason I'm not yet sure about. As I had to re-load the ROM to get the phone working, I thought I'd take the opportunity to upgrade to Gingerbread using the Ginger Stir Fry ROM, even though I was very happy with Froyo. It's a great ROM and my initial impression is that it is faster but not so much that makes a huge difference. The battery life doesn't appear to be as good and although some minor features are better either funtionally or in their appearance others some as not as good as what I was used to. My initial thoughts of being happy with FLB Froyo so there was no need to change were correct as the improvement isn't so great that it is worth the effort to upgrade to Gingerbread. That said, now that I'm using Gingerbread, I doubt I'll go back to Froyo as the difference is not worth the effort of changing again.