CM7 Nightly 127 - 128, Landscape bug...?

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Guys,

I am using N127, and updated to N128 today to see if it would fix a bug, from N127 onwards my phone is now stuck in Landscape mode and I cant seem to get out of it, is this a known bug, is there a way around it??

ZTE Blade

CM7 N128, Gen1

Home: Go Launcher

Any idea's...?

Cheers, Lister

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Reluctant Traveller,

Nope, that doesnt sound silly... Where would I find this feature, I tried looking through various sections where it could have an orientation setting, even the main switch on notification bar has no effect. Right from boot (lockscreen) its stuck in Landscape.... - I've not had to change this setting (where ever it is) as prior to update it was working fine...

Hi PondLife,

Yes, I have reset my Launcher and tried a different one, one that comes with CM7, and its still the same effect....

If ya can let me know where that auto-rotate senor switch is would be good...?

Many thanks, Lister

Guest Anil k Solanki

Hi Guys,

I am using N127, and updated to N128 today to see if it would fix a bug, from N127 onwards my phone is now stuck in Landscape mode and I cant seem to get out of it, is this a known bug, is there a way around it??

ZTE Blade

CM7 N128, Gen1

Home: Go Launcher

Any idea's...?

Cheers, Lister

Hi Lister Of Smeg,

I am running N127 and I do not have this issue. I am using Launcher Pro as my launcher. I used to use Go Launcher EX, a really great launcher, superb integration with the Go suite of apps, but, Launcher Pro is stupid fast in comparison. I just thought I would share one Go Launcher's experience to another.

Anil.

Guest Pondlife

Well there's tick box in settings -> display settings -> auro-rotate screen

and there's tickboxes for the various orientations in settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> display -> 0 degrees being most pertinent right now

Hang on, even your lockscreen is landscape? wasn't even aware that was possible. Sounds very odd

Edited by Pondlife

Guest mELIANTE

Well there's tick box in settings -> display settings -> auro-rotate screen

and there's tickboxes for the various orientations in settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> display -> 0 degrees being most pertinent right now

Hang on, even your lockscreen is landscape? wasn't even aware that was possible. Sounds very odd

Wipe!

Guest LorianNod

No for once don't wipe - Pondlife has the answer above, I had it too. 90 degrees etc all got unticked, only 270 was ticked. Ticking the others fixes it, and then the setting has stayed OK for the last few nightlies.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi LorianNod + Everyone,

Thanks for all your help, and input so far.... and yes, I really dont wonna wipe it just yet, as apart from this issue, I am happy with my setup and have a lotta Apps installed :(

What exactly should I tick, untick, and check through out my settings, and where??

I have ticked 0, 90, 180, 270 and so on, and Auto-Rotate and all that, and its still stuck in Landscape... :(

It appears stuck in all my Launchers, ADW, Go Launcher, Launcher Pro, and couple of others....

Yet it appears fine on the Regina and MXHome Launchers...?? lol

Uptil I put the last two Roms on it, nothing had changed all worked fine, and then N127 and N128 and it ends up like this...? :( It appears a couple of others have had it too on the CyangenMod forums too..

Any other idea's I can do to try nudge it out, or hope its a bug in a certain setup, and hope its repaired in another nightly...??

Thanks, Lister

Guest Anil k Solanki

Hi LorianNod + Everyone,

Thanks for all your help, and input so far.... and yes, I really dont wonna wipe it just yet, as apart from this issue, I am happy with my setup and have a lotta Apps installed :(

What exactly should I tick, untick, and check through out my settings, and where??

I have ticked 0, 90, 180, 270 and so on, and Auto-Rotate and all that, and its still stuck in Landscape... :(

It appears stuck in all my Launchers, ADW, Go Launcher, Launcher Pro, and couple of others....

Yet it appears fine on the Regina and MXHome Launchers...?? lol

Uptil I put the last two Roms on it, nothing had changed all worked fine, and then N127 and N128 and it ends up like this...? :( It appears a couple of others have had it too on the CyangenMod forums too..

Any other idea's I can do to try nudge it out, or hope its a bug in a certain setup, and hope its repaired in another nightly...??

Thanks, Lister

Hi Lister, If you wipe just the Dalvik cache, and the Cache partition I don't think you lose any personal data or settings. Just do a settings backup for your home launcher, Go launcher and Launcher Pro both allow you to backup those settings. Perhaps the more experienced can comment on this idea. If you do a Nandroid backup you can always go back to the stuck screen. :)

Anil.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Everyone,

Thank you to all those who commented, and offered me support, and advice, really really appreciated!!! :)

Just thought I'd update/share with you, that something seems to have solved it?? Done all the above, rebooted, and nothing, still stuck in landscape... :(

However, I noticed someone had updated the Universal Converter.... so thought what the heck, might as well install this, as I am running on an old kernel on new rom, so too take advantage of new features Id better upgrade.

In order to do so, thought I better update the ROM again, as it will have old files placed here and there, in updating the ROM and the Uni Converter again, it seems to have solved it???? Odd...??

Early days, but all seems to be working fine, shall update if it takes a turn for the worse again :( lol

Cheers, Lister

Guest Tom G

Hi Everyone,

Thank you to all those who commented, and offered me support, and advice, really really appreciated!!! :)

Just thought I'd update/share with you, that something seems to have solved it?? Done all the above, rebooted, and nothing, still stuck in landscape... :(

However, I noticed someone had updated the Universal Converter.... so thought what the heck, might as well install this, as I am running on an old kernel on new rom, so too take advantage of new features Id better upgrade.

In order to do so, thought I better update the ROM again, as it will have old files placed here and there, in updating the ROM and the Uni Converter again, it seems to have solved it???? Odd...??

Early days, but all seems to be working fine, shall update if it takes a turn for the worse again :( lol

Cheers, Lister

It is a kernel issue. Its was fixed back in May in the kernel, but the change to android that causes the problem has only just been reintroduced to CM7, so your kernel must have been from before the fix in May.

Guest Anil k Solanki

It is a kernel issue. Its was fixed back in May in the kernel, but the change to android that causes the problem has only just been reintroduced to CM7, so your kernel must have been from before the fix in May.

Hi Tom, thanks for the insight. May I ask, why do you think folks use Kernel's from other builds, when they run the risk of problems such as the landscape bug? Or is using different Kernel's an accepted practice, with the odd incompatibility?

I would appreciate your time and insight. Many thanks. Anil.

Guest Tom G

Hi Tom, thanks for the insight. May I ask, why do you think folks use Kernel's from other builds, when they run the risk of problems such as the landscape bug? Or is using different Kernel's an accepted practice, with the odd incompatibility?

I would appreciate your time and insight. Many thanks. Anil.

I prefer if people don't use other kernels and I will not attempt to provide support for people using other kernels. I only commented on this because I know what the problem was since I fixed it previously.

A lot of users still don't want to update to the gen2 bootloader (even though when using wbaw's excellent updater it is totally reversible and no functionality is lost). Supporting both gen1 and gen2 devices (and any other future generations) is too difficult, so we only support gen2. If users want to stay on the gen1 bootloader they must use an unsupported kernel. I think most 'unsupported' kernels are either the CM7 official kernel built with gen1 support or kallt_kaffe's kernel which is based on the official kernel with a few extra patches. I haven't added gen1 support to the current CM7 kernel (based on the recent zte code drop), so I'm not sure if there is a gen1 kernel available based on the kernel currently used in CM7.

Edited by Tom G