which modem to use?

Guest darkworldzz

Guest darkworldzz

Hi noob android user here. So i have successfully flashed darkys v10.1 with dark core 2.6 as it is apparently the most stable rom. i have done all of the battery fix like freezing 2 of the problem apps. But battery life still seems pathetic.. 10% from full charge in 1 hour. then i did some reading and some people recommended flashing a different modem. So which is a good modem to start from? or shall i switch to another updated rom like gingereal? (LOL i am adicted to flashing like on the i8000 previously..)

Guest Atomix86

From personal experience the jvp modem offers the best overall performance, however I'm on the F1 GS2 rom (after trying several including darky) and each rom does offer different battery life. I would try them all until you find one you truly enjoy, after all flashing custom roms is half the fun of having an android ;)

Guest darkworldzz

From personal experience the jvp modem offers the best overall performance, however I'm on the F1 GS2 rom (after trying several including darky) and each rom does offer different battery life. I would try them all until you find one you truly enjoy, after all flashing custom roms is half the fun of having an android ;)

icic.. because i am still not familiar with flashing the SGS.. So i am afraid of flashing too much.. i've read that some ppl flashed too much and bricked their SGS.. would that be true??

Guest Atomix86

I can't imagine flashing too much would be a problem (besides, how do you define "too much" lol, I've flashed 7 roms in two weeks!), it's only a problem when something goes wrong. And even then, you can 99% of the time just go into download mode and re-flash a fresh stock rom.

Guest Atomix86

Forgot to add that ill be flashing again later to try out gingereal (apparently its the best for stability and smoothness), I'll let you know what it's like.

Guest darkworldzz

Forgot to add that ill be flashing again later to try out gingereal (apparently its the best for stability and smoothness), I'll let you know what it's like.

so when going from rom to rom, the base rom changes. so basically i just unlagfix, and flash the full base rom then flash the custom rom from recovery?

Guest Atomix86

Precisely, that way its 100% clean everytime and ive never had a single problem this way. Some roms do let you install over another rom, but I prefer the method you stated (even if it adds 5 minutes to the installation).

Guest darkworldzz

Precisely, that way its 100% clean everytime and ive never had a single problem this way. Some roms do let you install over another rom, but I prefer the method you stated (even if it adds 5 minutes to the installation).

Icic thanks for clearing that up.. But i realize that with a full base rom flash, i am flashing the bootloader as well which if i rmb during i8000 days is not very much recommended... is it possible to skip the bootloader? LOL i dont even know which part is the bootloader, on i8000 its .ebo not sure on the SGS tho.

Guest darkworldzz

Im pretty sure its part of the original PDA file, so not really removable or skipable

icic.. thanks for clearing things up for me ^^

Just had my sec successful flash to gingereal.. its a tad faster than darkys..

Guest Atomix86

No problem at all glad I could help. And yes it seems very good, quicker than most and far better than darky, I think I'll settle on this rom !