ZTE T-U880 (Variant Of Blade)

Guest solidchips

Would it be possible if someone backup a working ROM with the correct Baseband and then post it here?

CWM is working, but i can only flash 2.2 custom roms, and all have the same NO SIM CARD / Baseband: Unknown issue.

No SIM - issue

In the About Phone menu it says: Baseband Unknown

How to flash the baseband or reflash back to stock?

I can get into CWM and can the phone works (e.g. WIFI works), except the phone call/receive calls does not work

Guest Exorcist1134

Dear solid chips. I followed the procedure on my u880 and every thing went fine....except i cant login to google account and also sms (message application) is not working. Please help me. Thanks.

For auto rotate fix, flash the attached file using clockwork recovery.

regards

Faisal

Hi solidchips,

I tried to flash the zip following this steps:

-Copy Accerlrometer_Fix.zip to the root dir of the sdcard

-Start CWR (v0.36)

-Select "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" and select the .zip file

and I get an error message:

-- Installing: SDCARD:Accelrometer_Fix.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Installing update...

E:Error in /sdcard/Accelrometer_Fix.zip

(Status 0)

Installation aborted.

Guest solidchips

Hi solidchips,

I tried to flash the zip following this steps:

-Copy Accerlrometer_Fix.zip to the root dir of the sdcard

-Start CWR (v0.36)

-Select "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" and select the .zip file

and I get an error message:

-- Installing: SDCARD:Accelrometer_Fix.zip

Installing update...

E:Error in /sdcard/Accelrometer_Fix.zip

(Status 0)

Installation aborted.

Let me check it...

Try this addon...

- flash in CWR.

- This time i used busybox to mount the /system, hopefully this will kill the issue.

Regards

Faisal

Hi Faisal, I tried it and get exactly the same error

-- Installing: SDCARD:AutoRotation_fix_busybox.zip

Installing update...

E: Error in /sdcard/AutoRotation_fix_busybox.zip

(Status 0)

Installation aborted

By the way, do you know how fix the issue with the wifi? (it works for maps, but I cannot connect to google account using wifi and 3G is not working in Europe).

Regards,

guiz

Edited by guiz79

Guest solidchips

Hi Faisal, I tried it and get exactly the same error

-- Installing: SDCARD:AutoRotation_fix_busybox.zip

Installing update...

E: Error in /sdcard/AutoRotation_fix_busybox.zip

(Status 0)

Installation aborted

By the way, do you know how fix the issue with the wifi? (it works for maps, but I cannot connect to google account using wifi and 3G is not working in Europe).

Regards,

guiz

I have no clue for wifi. 3G has several standards, U880 supports T-CMDA (3G) which can only be used in China. In europe there are two standards, WCDMA (not supported by u880) and UMTS (i am not sure u880 supports it or not).

AFAIK, your 3g connection works under two conditions.

- your cell phone netwrk provider supports 3G on UMTS

- U880 supports UMTS?

See post 9 of this thread for more info.

Regards

Faisal

I have no clue for wifi. 3G has several standards, U880 supports T-CMDA (3G) which can only be used in China. In europe there are two standards, WCDMA (not supported by u880) and UMTS (i am not sure u880 supports it or not).

AFAIK, your 3g connection works under two conditions.

- your cell phone netwrk provider supports 3G on UMTS

- U880 supports UMTS?

See post 9 of this thread for more info.

Regards

Faisal

Hi,

when I bought the phone I didn't realize that China had another 3G technology and as you mention, U880 implements TD-SCDMA, and not UMTS, so 3G will never work in Europe for this device. That's a pity (for me). In the other hand GPRS should work, but I couldn't configure it yet (maybe I should set up something on the phone, I'm really clueless). Anyway, having a working android with a working wifi makes this phone a cheap improvement to my old N1110.

With some automatic translation help I managed to install a chinese ROM and Market, if anybody is interested I can post the links. With that ROM wifi is working, market is working (but needs a PC to download the apps) and autorotate also works.

Edit: I cannot find again the forum where I took the ROM from, but you can search for u880_b14_mini.zip.

After flashing the ROM, to get market and google services you must follow this guide http://www.hiapk.com/thread-1781451-1-1.html which includes downloading the me722_update8.zip. The google translation is not very good, but understanding it is not very hard. The most confusing part is the vending.apk, some details on that:

• Install the vending.apk from me722_update8.zip (you will get an error)
  • Delete, if present, /system/app/Vending.apk
  • Move /data/app/...Vending-1.apk to /system/app
  • Rename ...Vending-1.apk to Vending.apk
  • Reboot

When surfing on the market, you may have problems downloading the files, they remain on the queue but the download never starts. If you use the market through your pc, they will be properly downloaded to your phone and afterwards you can install them with the Filer or any installer. Another workaround is to use ADVERTISING SPAM, which works directly from the phone.

Regards,

guiz

Edited by guiz79

Guest beggar123

hi soildchips

i have zte t-u880 and someone here posted a miui 2.3.5 rom so i dwnloaded it flashed it with cwm and its not even booting its stays on the white g3 screen ive managed to get into blu flash mode but i cant get to cw what can i do?

hi soildchips

i have zte t-u880 and someone here posted a miui 2.3.5 rom so i dwnloaded it flashed it with cwm and its not even booting its stays on the white g3 screen ive managed to get into blu flash mode but i cant get to cw what can i do?

Hi beggar123,

the miui 2.3.5 did not work for me neither, you can try u880_b14_mini.zip, look for it on google.

Guest beggar123

Hi beggar123,

the miui 2.3.5 did not work for me neither, you can try u880_b14_mini.zip, look for it on google.

yes but now im stuck i dont know how to get into cwm because its stays on the white g3 screen

yes but now im stuck i dont know how to get into cwm because its stays on the white g3 screen

Try this: when you power on the phone, hold the volume down button. You should enter the cwr.

Guest beggar123

Try this: when you power on the phone, hold the volume down button. You should enter the cwr.

ty! you saved my phone

btw can u give me a link of the u880_b14_mini.zip rom

ty

Guest plegdroid

hi soildchips

@beggar123,so sorry the rom didn't work, I've removed the link to stop anyone else trying it, the rom was posted without malaise or wanting to cause harm to anyone's phone, I know that rom for your type of phone are not the most plenty, so when I stumbled across it I actually thought of you guys, really happy you got your phone back again, as I said before the link has now been removed and sorry for the hassle it's caused :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest beggar123

@beggar123,so sorry the rom didn't work, I've removed the link to stop anyone else trying it, the rom was posted without malaise or wanting to cause harm to anyone's phone, I know that rom for your type of phone are not the most plenty, so when I stumbled across it I actually thought of you guys, really happy you got your phone back again, as I said before the link has now been removed and sorry for the hassle it's caused :)

its ok man but ty anyway

Guest shanewaz

I'm in a similar situation to the rest of you, however, the phone's not mine but a friend who bought it here in China for someone to use in Europe. The custom rom I've managed to get on it (via a chinese workmate) just force closes the market when you try to download something. It logs in to the latest market just fine and can also sync the account but doesn't let you download at all. I'd be really interested if anyone gets a working market and frame apck to run fine, so I can also put it on so the phone isn't a complete waste of money for her.

I'm in a similar situation to the rest of you, however, the phone's not mine but a friend who bought it here in China for someone to use in Europe. The custom rom I've managed to get on it (via a chinese workmate) just force closes the market when you try to download something. It logs in to the latest market just fine and can also sync the account but doesn't let you download at all. I'd be really interested if anyone gets a working market and frame apck to run fine, so I can also put it on so the phone isn't a complete waste of money for her.

Did you try installing apps from market through the pc?

Guest shanewaz

Did you try installing apps from market through the pc?

No I haven't tried that yet. I saw you wrote that before and thought at least it's some type of work around, but obviously it's not as ideal / easy as clicking and downloading from the market when using wifi / on the go. I also notice on hers she is unable to open us google maps, as it says it needs a data connection. so I figure it will be the same as your phone at the moment. Hopefully we can get this fixed so the phone can at least use maps via wifi and market on the phone. The 3g is a loss, but she can deal without that.

I didn't realize that China had another 3G technology and as you mention, U880 implements TD-SCDMA, and not UMTS, so 3G will never work in Europe for this device.

China's number 1 mobile provider, China Mobile, indeed uses TD-SCDMA. But the number 2 provider, China Unicom, uses WCDMA, just like in Europe. Next time you get a phone from/in China, make sure it is compatible with the China Unicom network, so you will get a WCDMA phone.