A Big Thank You

Guest jrknight45

Guest jrknight45

I thought I'd post a big thank you to everyone on this site.

Since I bought my Orange San Francisco (B10) I have unlocked it and upgraded the ROM to Android 2.3 - all for FREE thanks to the hard work of everyone on this site. The phone is now quick (mine is happy at 710Mhz using ONDEMAND which comes with Cyanogenmod), smooth, stable and everything - EVERYTHING works as it should. The battery life is at least as good as the Orange stock 2.1 ROM, the GPS gets a lock quickly and the Wi-Fi is as good as it was out of the box (ie not very!)

If you're interested these are the steps (all detailed elsewhere on these forums):

Unlocked from Orange using a free code from this site, as soon as the 'phone was fully charged

Installed Orange Clockwork Recovery

Using the above flashed with Cyanogenmod KANG n125+ ( http://www.the-jedi..../downloads/cm7/ )

Flashed with the GEN2 - GEN1 universal converter

Installed the Google Apps

Installed GO Launcher (my prefered launcher)

I tried various other ROMS but they all had at least one bug or bad battery life - this one seems perfect*

So thank you again everyone, you've helped make a good 'phone great!

* for some reason Ulysse Gizmos crashes the GPS on this ROM on my 'phone. All other apps are fine but if you run Ulysse GPS switches itself off as soon as it finds a satellite - strange! It was fine on the Orange stock ROM...

Edited by jrknight45