ZTE Tureis

Guest Jekle

Guest Jekle

ZTE announced The ZTE Tureis today and will landing in the UK in August. Sim Free for £144 at Handtec and Clove. Operator Subsidies are expected.

Qualcomm MSM7277 600MHz (Not Turbo?)

256MB Ram

3.2MP Camera

Android 2.2 Froyo (No word on Gingerbread upgrade nor if it is shipping with 2.3)

2.6" QVGA Capacitive Touchscreen (Multi-Touch?)

1100MaH Battery.

No Word on Operator's are getting the Tureis yet.

Edited by Jekle

Guest hecatae

SFR have as StarTEXT

http://www.journaldugeek.com/2011/05/11/quatre-smartphones-android-edition-by-sfr/

The Startext : it will have a capacitive touch screen of 2.6 "(320 x240), a 600MHz processor, 2GB microSD Card included (expandable to 16GB), a digital camera of 3.2 megapixels / camera a 3G + / WiFi / Bluetooth / microUSB / Internal GPS, an FM player MP3/radio, FroYo Android 2.2.

Guest hecatae

I wonder why SFR are getting all these devices before others? Or is it coming soon?

still coming soon, hopefully SFR price will gives us a clue how much it will be carrier locked

Guest k0zmic

still coming soon, hopefully SFR price will gives us a clue how much it will be carrier locked

Also, Handtec lists a 800MHz processor, on that French site journaldugeek and on Twitter I read it will have a 600MHz processor from the ZTE Event today?

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Jekle

Yep, it's 600mhz. Qvga screen but nicer than the Huawei Boulder.

I don't like the strategy Huawei went for with the Boulder or Orange Barcelona. In this day an age 528MHz is taking the piss, It's demands are low because of the QVGA Panel. But 256MB of RAM too? And then they have the cheek to have it on sale for £100! ZTE seem to never let me down. The 600MHz CPU is the fastest thing but with QVGA Panel and probably plenty of hack ability we could have a big contender on our hands. But Clove Mentioned 800MHz and Handtec say on there pre-order page 800MHz MSM7227-T (Turbo) can you tell us if it has 256MB of RAM. I swear that was mentioned by Clove as well.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest john.smith

I think Samsung Galaxy Pro is a better choice considering it's slimmer, with a faster CPU and better build quality.

The only downside is it's still running Froyo, and no idea when Gingerbread will be available.

It's available for about US$166 unlocked in Asia, is anyone interested in it?

samsung_galaxy_pro-2.jpg

Edited by john.smith

I think Samsung Galaxy Pro is a better choice considering it's slimmer, with a faster CPU and better build quality.

The only downside is it's still running Froyo, and no idea when Gingerbread will be available.

It's available for about US$166 unlocked in Asia, is anyone interested in it?

samsung_galaxy_pro-2.jpg

I had a go on one yesterday. It is a really nice device and texting is really easy but the O.S seems slightly stripped out but for the price. Go for it.