Can't boot into CWR

Guest Nitsson

Guest Nitsson

I have a GEN1 Blade running SS (previously JJ), and I now want to try a 2.3 based ROM, probably Ginger Stir Fry as per recommendations (looking to speed and stability). However, I can't seem to boot into CWR - either but holding volume- during boot (that just show the green Android logo for a few seconds and reboots over and over until I let go), or via the Reboot into Recovery option in ROM Manager. As per ROM Manager I have the latest version 3.0.2.7 installed.

My plan was to to follow this guide ( sorry insert link button doesn't work) to first convert to Gen 2, and then flash GSF.

Any ideas how I can get CWR to work again?

Guest Ralph Martin

If you use the TPT method for installing GSF, this will put both GSF and clockwork on your phone, all in one go.

See the GSF first post for instructions on how to install GSF using the TPT method.

Edited by Ralph Martin

Guest hedgepigdaniel
<br />If you use the TPT method, this will put both GSF and clockwork on your phone, all in one go.<br /><br />See the GSF first post for instructions on how to install GSF using the TPT method.<br />
<br /><br /><br />\

true. for the record, the problem is that you are flashing a Gen2 version of clockwork to a Gen1 phone. you need to install 3.0.1.4 or earlier for it to work on Gen1.